Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: FOC Not Working  (Read 2485 times)
frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« on: January 07, 2018, 05:40:11 PM »

The FOC on my Emerald Raven has stopped functioning. Really it has never worked very well, but I haven't really gotten a chance to investigate. I assumed it was a charge thing when I got it, but even fully charged it still does it. It looks like everything is connected properly.  So what it does is flash once or twice, and then stop. The clash sound will stop, the flash will stop, and really it will just stop registering a hit at all. It was a raffle saber, so no warranty, and I really have no clue at this point what the cause could be. it's weird to me that the clash sound will stop too. Anyway, any help will be appreciated, because I'm stumped. Never had an Emerald before so I don't even know if this is a common problem. Thanks!

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:52:28 PM »

How sensitive is it set to? How many flashes is it set to? Is this only with the button, or with contact, or with both?

Signature banner by DarthScrub

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 08:47:44 PM »

it works when you hold down the button. I set it to the same parameters as all my obsidians, so pretty sensitive. I want to say I actually used your parameters, if I remember correctly, in the forum chat about that. It is set to flash twice upon contact

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 09:26:20 PM »

Hmmmm....

So it's working properly when you hold down the button, right?  But with impact it only flashes once or twice and then stops, and it's set to two flashes. Now I'm confused as to the issue, because that sounds to me like it's working pretty well. If I'm wrong, please help me understand.

I have noticed that my Bellicose and Manticore don't always register the same with their FoC, so there may be something specific to this hilt where it takes a bit more to trigger the flash.

Since you're familiar with the settings, if spend some time tweaking the sensitivity and see what you get.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 01:41:51 AM »

See,  it is weird, because it'll register once or twice and then stop,  but the button still works. I'm going to keep eliminating things and see if i can figure it out. Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: