Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: TOMB RAIDER - TRAILER (2018)  (Read 1497 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: January 19, 2018, 02:13:11 AM »

While comic book movies enjoy massive success at the global box office, the same cannot be said with computer game movie adaptations. There has yet to be an undisputed critical and audience loved movie based on a computer game.

In 2016, many pinned their hopes on Warcraft and Assassin's Creed to finally break the curse. Unfortunately this didn't happen. Which brings us to Tomb Raider. On paper it ticks all the boxes (great cast? tick. Decent budget? tick. Visually seems to bring to life popular elements from the computer game? tick).

This latest trailer seems to suggest that we may finally have a good movie based on a computer game. Although, given the track record, I am approaching this one with extreme caution. What do you all think?

PS - Please pay attention to the how her name is pronounced as I have heard far too many Americans refer to her incorrectly as "Laura" and not "Lara"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOEHpkZCc1Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOEHpkZCc1Y</a>

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 02:29:22 AM »

I've never played the Tomb Raider games, and never really had any desire to, until I watched the first trailer for this movie. I think it is going to be great, I guess we will just have to see.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 02:33:13 AM »

I've never played the Tomb Raider games, and never really had any desire to, until I watched the first trailer for this movie. I think it is going to be great, I guess we will just have to see.
Have you played any of the Uncharted games? I only ask as the 2013 game was essentially a reboot of the franchise that was, in many ways, kinda similar to Uncharted.

If you haven't, I highly suggest playing both Tomb Raider and Uncharted (definitely the 2nd and 3rd ones). They are a brilliant mix of gameplay, puzzle solving, collecting, open world and movie style action set pieces.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 03:17:17 AM »

Have you played any of the Uncharted games? I only ask as the 2013 game was essentially a reboot of the franchise that was, in many ways, kinda similar to Uncharted.

If you haven't, I highly suggest playing both Tomb Raider and Uncharted (definitely the 2nd and 3rd ones). They are a brilliant mix of gameplay, puzzle solving, collecting, open world and movie style action set pieces.

No. Mostly because I don't play a lot of single player games. Most of the games that I play are with friends, because that is pretty much the only way we communicate or hang out. But I probably will play them sometime.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 06:53:42 PM »

I was in the group of people who thought the first movie with Angelina was halfway decent (second one not so much.) This looks to be much better and the actress really looks the part.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 07:41:22 PM »

I was in the group of people who thought the first movie with Angelina was halfway decent (second one not so much.) This looks to be much better and the actress really looks the part.
The first one was a fairly faithful adaptation of how the games were in 2001. Angelina as an action star is always welcome and making Lara an action junkie was a good move. Although it is funny rewatching it now hearing American Angelina doing an English accent and English Daniel Craig doing an American accent!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 07:49:15 PM »

The first one was a fairly faithful adaptation of how the games were in 2001. Angelina as an action star is always welcome and making Lara an action junkie was a good move. Although it is funny rewatching it now hearing American Angelina doing an English accent and English Daniel Craig doing an American accent!

I also thought that was funny, I even distinctly remember during the telescope scene her pronouncing Uranus like "Your-ron-us" and I thought it sounded so cool and so much better that even to this day I still slip up with it. LOL

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: