Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: TRAILER - The Lost Jedi  (Read 1419 times)
Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« on: January 19, 2018, 11:26:54 AM »

...so it happened that we found this old footage from 2007 on my external hard drive. It was a great day, friends came over and we decided to head out with our robes on and do some fun.
It was well in the pre-electronic era for us, our saber hilts were bare machined aluminum with only a hole drilled into it through the emitter just to be able to hold that quite flexible danamite-plastic rod we called blade.
As it was a single day we hastily created some on-site choreography and gave a rough cliché-story around it and had a lot of laugh.
Supposedly it was my task to edit the whole little video and paint the sabers into it with an old software (LSMaker I believe or something) but after an hour if clicking back then I had my hand hurt and it only gave me about 20 seconds of result so I left it "raw" at the end Cheesy
Yesterday when my wife (who does that gracious "soft dying" scene when I cut her down) found this vid she wanted me to make a trailer for that video. I have never shared the original and this is really ridiculous as well but we had such a blast of laugh yesterday making this trailer with all the fake heroism and all the clichés so I thought why not make a monkey of myself and share it here Smiley
We even found some other little clips recorded before we left out house from which we could put some in to make it more gaggy.
The video quality of course is "old school" to say the least, we didn't have any proper camcorder, only my wife's photocamera which was able to do some under-DVD quality of non-zoomable video but I'm glad we did it! Cheesy
I just gave the imaginary title "The Lost Jedi" to it, maybe it rhymes the latest disaster in movie making (for me at least) Cheesy

Enjoy (if you can) Cheesy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBAIWVw0MCc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBAIWVw0MCc</a>

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 12:33:17 PM »

That.  Was.  Awesome!

Looks like a good time was had by all; REALLY good vibes  Smiley. And don't worry, still a better story than either Ep.7&8 IMO  Wink

Question: where did you get your robes?  Mine are a little more...voluminous  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 07:15:21 PM »

That.  Was.  Awesome!

Looks like a good time was had by all; REALLY good vibes  Smiley. And don't worry, still a better story than either Ep.7&8 IMO  Wink

Question: where did you get your robes?  Mine are a little more...voluminous  Cheesy

Hahahahaha, thanks! Smiley
These robes were made by a tailor back in 2007 for our wedding - we gave her a brief description like "please make it long and a cloak also needs on top" and she did a great job!
I already have an idea with mine to convert it to fit an Old Republic style cosplay...

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 08:00:47 PM »

No idea how I missed this post! Very nice. Get the group back together and put that film up!!

Point!

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: