Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Looking for a movie accurate personal lightsaber  (Read 2308 times)
Thelastsith
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« on: January 26, 2018, 09:08:45 PM »

Hello! I’m new to the whole lightsaber community and have not purchased a lightsaber yet.. unless you count the Darth Vader force fix I got like 10 years ago..  anyway, I have been blown away by all the different companies and styles of hilts, blades, color, quality, dealing, comparisons. So I think I’m going to need a little help. I’m looking for a sable the same size from the movies.. I believe they may the movie ones are about 11 inches.but me being the big fan I am... want it to look and feel like I made it myself in a Jedi or sith temple lol. I considered making one from scratch but I’m not good with electronics or tools. I believe the lightsabers in the movies are around 11 inches long.  And I m a 5.9 male with girly hands lol.. I think I’m going to buy one battle blade and one just for looks and brightness.

Please help out a big fan that’s new to the saber community. Very excited!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 09:33:20 PM »

Just to remind you, this is an Ultra Sabers forum and we do not discuss other companies. That being said, all the sabers on the site have measurements on them. If you are looking for more cannon hilts they have inspired by hilts like The Chosen One or Graflex. If you are looking for more comfort I would recommend some of the more simple hilts. Initiate v4 is my personal favorite.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Thelastsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 10:25:18 PM »

Sorry about that.. like I said I’m new.. you said the Initiate v4 is your personal favorite. I’m interested to know why. I just seen your collection and it’s vast! Why that Particular one?

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 10:33:58 PM »

Sorry about that.. like I said I’m new.. you said the Initiate v4 is your personal favorite. I’m interested to know why. I just seen your collection and it’s vast! Why that Particular one?
It's no problem. The Hasbro and Force FX sabers are ok to bring up, just not any of the other custom saber companies.

I have several that are my favorites for different reasons. I like the Ini v4 for daily use... doing things like practicing my horrid spinning, doing stretches and just carrying around. I have smaller hands and old wrist injuries so I like the size and weight. I'm also a big fan of my Consular and DWG for dueling. Tho with the DWG you should remove the blades or they could break... when I dueled with that is was very spur of the moment. I have also taken a liking to the Emperor's Hand tho I don't own it... it is surprisingly light and handles quite well.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 10:35:59 PM »

Hmm.  "Movie accurate."  Well, I have the Archon v3.1 modded with a Graflex clamp and circuit board so it looks similar to Luke's Ep.6 lightsaber.  

However, if you REALLY want to get the look of the "hero" saber, I'd suggest looking at a mod that our member, Tx_tuff did.

Here's a link: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37311.0

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

MONEYPYRO
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -64

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 12:06:06 AM »

Ultrasabers that are inspired directly from hilts from the films arw the Gralfex (Luke/Anakin/Rey), the Chosen One (Darth Vader), Archon V3.1 (Luke's green saber), Consular (Qui-Gin Jinn), Guardian (Obi-Wan Episode I), the Menace (Darth Maul), and the Electrum Wind (Mace Windu). If you want a movie character specific hilt, those are what they got. If you want a saher you can personalize yourself, I'd suggest either the Sentinel family of sabers, or the Aeon/Apprentice V4 family. The bigger models are a little over 12", and the smaller models are around 9". Personally, I wouls suggest the Prophecy or Dark Prophecy, as they are about 11", have lots of room to customize, and they are balanced very well. I have mt Dark Prophecy with a 32" Heavy Grade blade, and its perfect. I'm about 5'11", and I have smaller hands, and its a perfect saber.

"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force."
―Kreia

The Dark Side flows through me, and my alignment should reflect that. Dark Side points would be most impressive

My Sabers:

Dark Prophecy v3: Blazing Red
Sentinel v4 LE: Guardian Blue
Aeon v3: Consular Green
Dominix v3: Violet Amethyst
Dark Apprentice v4: Guardian Blue
Sentinel V4: Adegan Silver

Thelastsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 01:24:40 AM »

Which sabers are around 11 inches long?  Because that is supposedly the size that most of the characters in the movies use? If not I could maybe get a apprentice or Initiate with a longer pommel..   I appreciate all your help, and thanks in advance!

MONEYPYRO
Knight Ensign

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 01:50:33 AM »

Which sabers are around 11 inches long?  Because that is supposedly the size that most of the characters in the movies use? If not I could maybe get a apprentice or Initiate with a longer pommel..   I appreciate all your help, and thanks in advance!

Hilts that are in the 11" long area (without larger pommels) are as follows.

(Dark) Liberator V3
(Dark) Prophecy V3
Consular
The (Dark) Monarch
The Manticore (12" with high profile pommel)
Emporer's Hand
The Graflex
The Chosen One

There were a few hilts I couldn't find a length for, that seem like they're around 11" (the Shock hilts, Catalysts, etc), but all the ones I listed are between 11"- under 12". All Initiate sabers are about 9"-10", and a lot of their bigger versions (Aeons, Dominix's, Sentinels, etc) are 12.375" or so

―Revan

―Kreia

The Dark Side flows through me, and my alignment should reflect that. Dark Side points would be most impressive

My Sabers:

Thelastsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 02:05:53 AM »

Moneypyro thanks that’s a big help really appreciate it.

MONEYPYRO
Knight Ensign

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 03:07:57 AM »

Moneypyro thanks that’s a big help really appreciate it.

Glad to have helped man  Grin

―Revan

―Kreia

My Sabers:

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 06:02:34 AM »

Hmm.  "Movie accurate."  Well, I have the Archon v3.1 modded with a Graflex clamp and circuit board so it looks similar to Luke's Ep.6 lightsaber.  

However, if you REALLY want to get the look of the "hero" saber, I'd suggest looking at a mod that our member, Tx_tuff did.

Here's a link: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37311.0
Thanks for the mention Dutch!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thelastsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 11:06:40 PM »

(Update) I just took out my ten year old force fix vader saber.. washed off the dried brown liquid and white powder from the ancient batteries.. hope I don’t burn my hands or inhaled any of it lol. Anyway it’s 10 inches long (11 with the top  shroud) and I could use it with both hands. So yeah 10 or 11 inches  is perfect for my hands. The blade was a tad over 33 inches. And seemed perfect for me. Only thing is that the it was very heavy.. seemed pretty hard to do any kind of tricks or spins. But I’m sure the sabers here at ultra sabers are lighter because that was over ten years ago and technology  probably  got much better.

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 11:55:03 PM »

The Dark Prophecy is the perfect blend between looking somewhat movie accurate [from a certain point of view Wink], being simple enough and small enough to handle for a smaller person, AND easily customizable to look like it's your own style. All 3 points packed into one saber hilt Smiley

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Obi Wan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 12:39:00 AM »

You might also want to check out the Graflex. I LOVE mine. I find it to be very close in its appearance to what is seen in the films. I also like that it has small details that you get to customize when you order it (the buttons) to make it your own. I find it to be surprisingly light and comfortable for dueling and spinning.
The CE with the nickel plating is especially beautiful.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
   -The Force will be with you, alwaysl-

Thelastsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 12:52:07 AM »

You might also want to check out the Graflex. I LOVE mine. I find it to be very close in its appearance to what is seen in the films. I also like that it has small details that you get to customize when you order it (the buttons) to make it your own. I find it to be surprisingly light and comfortable for dueling and spinning.
The CE with the nickel plating is especially beautiful.

The Dark Prophecy is the perfect blend between looking somewhat movie accurate [from a certain point of view Wink], being simple enough and small enough to handle for a smaller person, AND easily customizable to look like it's your own style. All 3 points packed into one saber hilt Smiley

Those are very nice but a little too Recognizable I was going to order the manticore but it’s sold out... looking threw the list now tho.. appreciate the feedback guys.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: