Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: How does an Illuminated AV switch look in each color?  (Read 3675 times)
Darkshadowfox91
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -17

« on: February 04, 2018, 06:08:22 AM »

Hi, I'm just about set with what saber I want to order but can't decide on an AV color so I came here. If any of you have Illuminated AVs can I see a pic? Thanks in advance!

Owned:
Dominix LE v4
Obsidian V4 Sound (Emerald) with Silver Flash on Clash
((((((|____o__|(((({=]                                            

Mosydys
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

Warrior of the Light Side

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:33:52 AM »

From what I've seen, the best AV colours depend heavily on the rest of the saber. If you are getting a one colour LED(and you're not going to change it in the future), just use the same colour for the switch. If you are getting an Emerald blade, for example, you should go for a colour, which corresponds to the colour of the handle(red for a black Sith-like saber, for example).
Here is a couple of examples I've found on the web.

May The Force Be With You.
Malice - Tri-Cree BR, Obs v4
Guardian - Diamond

Darkshadowfox91
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 07:02:46 AM »

ooo awesome! Yeah i was leaning to red but seeing that really does look nice lol. And just so i understand fully; If im getting an Emerald saber, to allow use of all 4 colors for the blade I can order it with channel 4 (or whatever) and just add a note that i want it 'in series' with the white (or whatever channel i picked when ordering?)

Owned:
Dominix LE v4
((((((|____o__|(((({=]                                            

Mosydys
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

Warrior of the Light Side

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 09:30:14 AM »

ooo awesome! Yeah i was leaning to red but seeing that really does look nice lol. And just so i understand fully; If im getting an Emerald saber, to allow use of all 4 colors for the blade I can order it with channel 4 (or whatever) and just add a note that i want it 'in series' with the white (or whatever channel i picked when ordering?)
I think you have to specifically choose a colour from Red, Green, Blue, White, Yellow and Orange. Also, I think you must have a soundboard for the ability of the Illuminated AV Switch.

May The Force Be With You.
Malice - Tri-Cree BR, Obs v4
Guardian - Diamond

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 02:52:42 PM »

Hey there Darkshadowfox91,

What I've seen/learned:

For an Emerald saber, since it can be any colour, a white illuminated switch would work best - IMO.  That would, in fact take away one of the four channels from the Emerald driver (to my knowledge), so for example; if you chose an RGBW, and opted for an illuminated switch on the white channel, you really couldn't have a true white flash (the white would already be in use).

You can indeed have an illuminated switch without sound too.  It runs off the LED... Smiley  Although - you can't order one directly.  Perhaps an email request...

Hope this helps....

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 03:25:51 PM »

For an Emerald saber, since it can be any colour, a white illuminated switch would work best - IMO.  That would, in fact take away one of the four channels from the Emerald driver (to my knowledge), so for example; if you chose an RGBW, and opted for an illuminated switch on the white channel, you really couldn't have a true white flash (the white would already be in use).

Partly true - with the "Always On" option, you don't lose a channel, but your switch will be illuminated no matter if the saber is on or off. So you actually have to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea...or you make it a DIY project, then you can wire your saber with the AV switch in series with any channel.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 03:34:17 PM »

Partly true - with the "Always On" option, you don't lose a channel, but your switch will be illuminated no matter if the saber is on or off. So you actually have to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea...or you make it a DIY project, then you can wire your saber with the AV switch in series with any channel.

Racona Nova knows his stuff.  Take his word as fact.

Thanks Rac.  Smiley

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 03:41:34 PM »

I know it because I had to decide myself Cheesy And I don't see a reason buying an Emerald saber that can produce any colour when the AV switch takes away a channel, effectively reducing the possibilities. In series wasn't available anymore, so I chose "Always On". Since my saber also has the Recharge Port, that's not a big problem for me Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 04:01:32 PM »

Yes, that'd certainly be the clincher for me as well.  I'd only get "Always on", if there was a kill key, in other words. Smiley

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 05:04:29 PM »

Ditto to what LR said, I'd go with either white or non illuminated if you're getting the emerald

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 05:18:16 PM »

Thanks man.  I'm far from an expert at these things, but have absorbed some things...lol

-1 to you. Smiley

Darkshadowfox91
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 06:03:48 AM »

I know it because I had to decide myself Cheesy And I don't see a reason buying an Emerald saber that can produce any colour when the AV switch takes away a channel, effectively reducing the possibilities. In series wasn't available anymore, so I chose "Always On". Since my saber also has the Recharge Port, that's not a big problem for me Tongue
But thats still only two options, the video on the site says theres 3 options. Always on, pull from a led 'in series with it' (ie. as long as that color is being used in the blade itll light the switch, if i don't it'll be off) and the channel of its own where it would pull one led (making me lose that as a color but the switch will always be on and at full brightness when powered on) Do that not offer that anymore?

Owned:
Dominix LE v4
((((((|____o__|(((({=]                                            

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 06:23:13 AM »

The series one I wasn't aware of.  If that's an option, it sounds like it might just be what you want.

I'd say email them to confirm.   Then you'll know 100%.

The customer service at UltraSabers is: [email protected]

I'd try that, if it were me. 

Sorry man.  I didn't know about that option.

It sounds like Rac might...

Darkshadowfox91
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 06:29:44 AM »

The series one I wasn't aware of.  If that's an option, it sounds like it might just be what you want.

I'd say email them to confirm.   Then you'll know 100%.

The customer service at UltraSabers is: [email protected]

I'd try that, if it were me. 

Sorry man.  I didn't know about that option.

It sounds like Rac might...
Thanks man I'll do that. I was thinking that but i want to be sure lol

Owned:
Dominix LE v4
((((((|____o__|(((({=]                                            

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 07:31:19 PM »

It was an option when Emerald was released. Right now, it has been discontinued on the website, but I'd also email them for confirmation. Maybe there's still a way to let your saber be configured like that...

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: