Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront/Battlefront 2 (2015/2017)  (Read 72533 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2018, 12:50:47 AM »

Yes, one of the few improvements EA made for the game...

Yes! I remember in BFI me and my friend Ben used to play together and every once and a while we'd be on different teams. but we could see each other on the minimap, we got SO may kills on each other.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2018, 01:59:58 PM »

Cool! Haven't noticed that in BFII though, so I think you're not visible on the other side's radar except for abilities that reveal the enemy. Only on the normal screen you can identify each other by hovering over the character...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2018, 07:40:40 AM »

Cool! Haven't noticed that in BFII though, so I think you're not visible on the other side's radar except for abilities that reveal the enemy. Only on the normal screen you can identify each other by hovering over the character...

I think they patched it in 2

-Broadside

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2018, 04:38:40 PM »

Last online match ever, only playing Arcade now - if I ever return to this garbage. So many cheaters and hackers online, it's insane. Blocking controls over and over again. In Arcade, everything works fine, and in online modes controls don't works anymore. Ridiculous. Hits not getting registered, in HvV enemies spawn just behind you when you're alone and/or the target (somehow only working for them, I always spawn on the other side of the map, not able to join my team and help them or get protected when I'm the target), always matched against a team that is way too overpowered for your team (in all modes, especially HvV - always put against maxed out heroes over and over again, even when we stop and start a new search).

No, definitely the last match ever.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2018, 05:17:25 PM »

Last online match ever, only playing Arcade now - if I ever return to this garbage. So many cheaters and hackers online, it's insane. Blocking controls over and over again. In Arcade, everything works fine, and in online modes controls don't works anymore. Ridiculous. Hits not getting registered, in HvV enemies spawn just behind you when you're alone and/or the target (somehow only working for them, I always spawn on the other side of the map, not able to join my team and help them or get protected when I'm the target), always matched against a team that is way too overpowered for your team (in all modes, especially HvV - always put against maxed out heroes over and over again, even when we stop and start a new search).

No, definitely the last match ever.

I feel you Racona, but I think I'll try and wait this out. If it ever gets fixed.

-Broadside

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2018, 06:22:36 PM »

I wish I could be that optimistic...what did they actually fix since launch? I can't really remember...

Sig by Master Nero

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2018, 08:42:17 PM »

I wish I could be that optimistic...what did they actually fix since launch? I can't really remember...

Pay to play (kind of), clone customization, and Vader's choke thingy. and they added Starfighters to Arcade (yippee!)

-Broadside

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2018, 09:06:20 PM »

Okay, P2W is actually a good point. I hated that from day 1...
I don't play as a hero that much, so I never noticed an error in Vader's choke.
Clone Skins is okay for some variation and satisfying personal favours.
Starfighters were actually good when they were released (even I was good, finished 1st as a bomber once), but that also changed.

What I really, really hate about Heroes and Starfighters is that incredibly high amount of XP needed for leveling. You get only 10% of points compared to the 4 Trooper Classes. The other way would be better and would make more sense - since it's much harder to aquire the points, the requirements for the next level should be lower as well so that it matches the effort you need for the Troops.

Sig by Master Nero

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2018, 10:12:10 PM »

I don't know about starfighters as I don't play that mode, but they did lower the xp costs for heroes, plus the addition of hero starfighter mode would help in leveling up those ships, but still not something I play, I suck at using ships, hell I'm probably only average at the regular mode but dedication is how I got all my troopers to level 70 and got all the guns unlocked and upgraded lol.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2018, 10:46:01 PM »

After reading what Racona Nova wrote, I'm glad I never wanted to play Battlefront II online. I tried online a bit with the first time, but I was tired of being killed by kids, teenagers and neckbeards who had nothing better to do but play the game, while I work 40 hours a week to buy stuff like this and enjoy it. (I'm gone from home about 65 hours a week with transit times) Survival and Arcade Modes, for the win. Smiley

Pay to win is definitely an issue, and I know that was one of the big things EA Games got massive criticism over for BF2. I'm a big RPG fan, so I'm used to doing some grinding to earn stuff, and I can't stand that people can take shortcuts to get it sooner. Cheaters and hackers, meanwhile, have no place in games and should drop off the Earth, for all I care. If you can't win without paying to win, cheating or hacking the game, then you shouldn't even play, in my opinion.

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2018, 10:51:39 PM »

I think online mode has gotten better with the changes, though I do hate the people who wait for hero spots to open up and snipe useage of a character. I also kind of hate the cowards who play not to die as a hero and thus not really playing to win the round. If I'm a hero I try to get in a group of troopers and attack orr defend the objective, but if no one is around I'll wait or hide to keep my ass alive for back up.

Saber Collection:

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2018, 10:53:02 PM »

If you're not charging full on into the thick of battle, what's the point of playing a MOBA? Wink (not a comment about sniping, but about the cowards)

That's another thing I hate about online play, you never know who you're going to get stuck with. I used to play World of Tanks pretty heavily, and I'd wind up playing with some real winners. Roll Eyes

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2018, 10:55:37 PM »

Even on objectives like trying to destroy a large enemy transport ATT or MTT or whatever, I focus on that over well hunting down players. I want to win, if that includes kills so be it, if I die more then I kill and still am on the winning team for winning the objective than yay.

Saber Collection:

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2018, 11:00:05 PM »

I have found (on PS4 at least, not sure about xBox) that people can't really hack the system, and really to only way to cheat is by hooking up a mouse and keyboard to your console. That is one of the nice things about consoles over PCs.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2018, 11:01:39 PM »

Yes, exactly. You have to go for the objective, not trying to win the kill count for the round. After all, what's the point of having the most kills if your team doesn't win the round? Roll Eyes That's how I play too. If the objective is to capture the enemy base, I'm charging the base. If an enemy player (or AI character) is in the way, I try to kill them. But, I don't hunt them down and ignore the base.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: