Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Author Topic: Filtered Tri-AS Prophecy - Pic Heavy  (Read 55762 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2020, 05:52:25 AM »

This is great  Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2020, 11:52:33 AM »

This is great  Cheesy

Agreed!

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2020, 12:45:55 PM »

Something I mentioned in the other thread that is that I'm starting to notice the color discs might look better in SINGLE AS rather the Tri-AS. US may have originally designed the discs to be used with the single LED, and so they are more saturated with the single.

Tri-cree with discs looks washed out in comparison because it pushes more light through, which is why Lee filters work better as the block more of then unwanted colors.

I've got a single AS stunt saber ordered for my wife and I'm now glad I didn't spring for the Tri-cree.

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2020, 05:37:15 PM »

Something I mentioned in the other thread that is that I'm starting to notice the color discs might look better in SINGLE AS rather the Tri-AS. US may have originally designed the discs to be used with the single LED, and so they are more saturated with the single.

Tri-cree with discs looks washed out in comparison because it pushes more light through, which is why Lee filters work better as the block more of then unwanted colors.

I've got a single AS stunt saber ordered for my wife and I'm now glad I didn't spring for the Tri-cree.

-

Even with Lee filters colors can get washed out sometimes.  But with the filters you can double them up, too.   I've done that with light colors, and had good results.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2020, 05:59:05 PM »

I'm really anxious to try mixing some of the lighter colored discs myself. I've seen tons of pics and vids that mix some of the darker discs, but not many that mix the lighter ones. And none as far as I remember that weren't using Tri-cree.
The Single AS with 2 light colors discs might be the right combo of saturation without too much dimming

-

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2020, 12:17:00 AM »

I've wondered if my Tri-AS draws more power and, it may be a "fuller" white but maybe not much brighter than a single AS module. The same battery power to run through a single white dye could be just as effective but with slightly different results in how it appears. My son is waiting for his Fallen in a single AS LED to ship, I'm excited to compare both kinds.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2020, 04:06:04 AM »

I just ordered my first tri-Cree ever and it’s the AS. I’ve been told that they will light up the longer blades better. I do have a 40” blade I plan to test on to see if that’s actually true or not.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2020, 04:17:51 AM »

-

This is interesting.  I have a single AS stunt on the way, and was starting to have regrets about not getting the tri-cree.  Not sure how much I'll USE the color discs, but I got them anyway.  Smiley

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Scrapper

« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2020, 04:30:03 AM »

Is it just me, or are the Lee and Roscolux filter books all sold out/on backorder?  I found one somewhere on sale for $2.50, but they wanted like $25 for shipping!  Anyone have a secret source? 

Mine:
Son's:

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »

Is it just me, or are the Lee and Roscolux filter books all sold out/on backorder?  I found one somewhere on sale for $2.50, but they wanted like $25 for shipping!  Anyone have a secret source? 

Try here:  https://shop.leefiltersusa.com/LEE-Swatch-Books_c4.htm — that’s where I got mine.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Scrapper

« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2020, 02:32:20 AM »

Try here:  https://shop.leefiltersusa.com/LEE-Swatch-Books_c4.htm — that’s where I got mine.

Out of stock.  ☹️

Mine:
Son's:

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2020, 09:21:48 PM »

Out of stock.  ☹️
Fooey...

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Red-Eyed Jedi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2021, 03:02:16 AM »

After reading through this entire thread I am so deeply compelled to get an AS saber and these swatch books you speak of.  These blade colors are all so beautiful!! I just received a silver prophecy in arctic blue in a mystery box and I so wish it were AS instead  Shocked Arctic blue is amazing though.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2021, 06:02:36 PM »

After reading through this entire thread I am so deeply compelled to get an AS saber and these swatch books you speak of.  These blade colors are all so beautiful!! I just received a silver prophecy in arctic blue in a mystery box and I so wish it were AS instead  Shocked Arctic blue is amazing though.

You are right about that!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2021, 11:10:11 AM »

Indeed. I have dual AS blades so I must dig up one of these fabled books as well (if they still exist in our current world/state of affairs). They are a double edged sword so to speak, the AS blades with color tinting I mean. The vibrancy of colors and the "fade/washing out" effect on some is markedly noticeable. Also having tested between UE and regular blades the difference is interesting. Note though that I only have standard AS not Tri so can't speak to the difference there. It's safe to say from experience and posts I've viewed Red is not the best color to try for sadly, at least in my experience/opinion. I still do want one of the Tri AS blades though. So far I love AS in orange or purple most, with greens and blues looking pretty dang good too. Just my 2 cents.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: