Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Yet Another $75 Mystery Box Unboxing  (Read 2619 times)
GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 64

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« on: March 01, 2018, 11:20:17 PM »

So here we go, my long awaited Mystery Box came today.  I'm off work today sick with a cold, so what better way to spend a sick day than with a new saber and watching Star Wars?
(Incidentally, the black blade cap was later found stuck in the bubble wrap - so it *was* there.)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_BMl5vdYeM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_BMl5vdYeM</a>

-GT

Owned:  Standard Issue V3 FO  |  Dominix V2 AS  |  Dark Initiate V4 SY

Gray, but more light than dark. (Light Side Points Please)

"There is no light without dark, no up without down, no male without female - however, there will always be those that tread the unknown middle ground between them to make their own way in life and find their own balance." - Me

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 12:22:17 AM »

Congrats on a sweet hilt! I love the Aeon/Dominix v2 hilt and AS is a very underrated color  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:38:47 AM »

Very nice. AS is an awesome color itself plus the option to make it whatever you want. Been tempted to get that color when I ordered my next one. That way I can change the color if I get bored. Have fun with your saber and hope you feel better soon.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 05:48:40 AM »

Very nice. AS is an awesome color itself plus the option to make it whatever you want. Been tempted to get that color when I ordered my next one. That way I can change the color if I get bored. Have fun with your saber and hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, yeah.  I was kind of hoping for an Apprentice or Initiate hilt, but getting a dark hilt of any kind, plus AV switch, and the silver blade is pretty dang awesome.  I can easily make this an orange blade to match my other SI, or go green or yellow with it.  The simple hilt design is gonna be a great base for any customizing I want to do, and weathering / dry brushing will look fantastic.  I ordered a Jedi style robe so I hope to do a cool picture soon with my sabers.  Because everyone needs a cool picture with their saber(s) right?

Also, here's the two of mine side-by-side for comparison:

-GT

"There is no light without dark, no up without down, no male without female - however, there will always be those that tread the unknown middle ground between them to make their own way in life and find their own balance." - Me

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 12:39:28 PM »

Man seeing your two sabers side by side makes me want another....just kidding I already wanted another one the moment I opened the box.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 01:15:35 PM »

WOOHOO!!

She scores a Dominix V2. Smiley  I have one of those.

Nice snag on the AV switch and AS is pretty cool.  Did you happen to get a TRI-Cree?  You should check out Hazard502's AS Prophecy thread.  He's about to add some filters to it too.  
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38175.0

And, of course costume pics are awesome. Tongue

I hope your cold goes away fast GT, and +1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 09:00:51 PM »

WOOHOO!!

She scores a Dominix V2. Smiley  I have one of those.

Nice snag on the AV switch and AS is pretty cool.  Did you happen to get a TRI-Cree?  You should check out Hazard502's AS Prophecy thread.  He's about to add some filters to it too.  
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38175.0

And, of course costume pics are awesome. Tongue

I hope your cold goes away fast GT, and +1

No Tri-Cree, unfortunately, just single LED.   But it's still really bright, as you can see by the pics of my two side-by-side.  Although to be fair, the SI with Orange has the original Sony batteries and I'm not entirely sure how old they are.  Cheesy   

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 10:48:16 PM »

Yes, AS is pretty bright, for the most part.  I suggest the LEE filters for it.

US colour disks are good, but intended for a TRI.  LEE filters are for stage lights.  Seriously - check Haz's thread. PM him even.  He's extremely cool.  Smiley

Another +1 - just 'cause.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: