Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can't write sounds to sound board  (Read 1651 times)
sintulator
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: March 02, 2018, 10:11:16 PM »

I've followed all the directions on creating sound fonts (saved in lscfgx format) but can't write sounds to the obsidian soundboard after loading fonts to the saber.  The fonts were downloaded from the Ultrasaber Obsidian sound font page and I'm using the newest launcher v 2.45 (updated).  I've tried it on both my diamond Guardian and Dark Apprentice with Windows 10.  I even got a USB 2.0 adaptor, a different connector wire and tried it on a different computer (also windows 10).  I can sample the sounds just fine in the launcher.  I'm wondering if this is a Windows 10 issue or if I may be missing a step somewhere.  The write sounds tab won't let me select it.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 07:02:47 PM »

Just a thought, but do you have access to a Win 7 computer as well? Win 10 is known to have problems with saber recognition, no matter if it's Emerald, Obsidian or Diamond. It often has to do with the specific hardware and software environment which might prevent proper recognition.

For me, it works prefectly fine on Win 10 (Obsidian and Emerald - no Diamond saber), so I would definitely try a Win 7 as well and see if the problem persists.

Can you post pictures of the main tab and the sound tab? Or maybe a step-by-step in pictures, beginning with the main tab so that I can identify possible error sources Smiley

Are both sabers Diamond sabers? If so, I'd like to move this topic to the Diamond Database - if you don't mind Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: