Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Gladiators In Space - Star Wars Fan Film - LCC 2017  (Read 2275 times)
groudon4616
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -4

« on: March 15, 2018, 03:06:16 PM »

Hi everyone! I thought I would make a post for this here. I recently created my second film involving lightsabers. It was created for the lightsaber choreography competition 2017 and got an honourable mention. I would love to hear your opinions on the film and if you have any recommendations for the future, please let me know in the comments of the video. Enjoy! Smiley
And one more thing, we used Ultrasabers Cheesy

Logline:
Ramses is a semi-lone warrior who finds himself stuck inside of the Arena after being taken captive. The most ruthless and hard pressed 3 rounds of killing are coming his way. The only question is, will he survive the infamous Arena?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqimflv2kyI&t=30s

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 08:06:57 PM »

Took a peek.  Not to shabby.  :-)  It was entertaining to watch.  But I had one quibble.  Once the third warrior engaged, the choreography broke down.  There's a lock-up at 3:38 where the opponent, using twin blades, locks the protagonists' blade with one hand ... and just stands there.  All he had to do at that point was continue the motion of his previous move and slice through a thigh or if he was really evil through his torso and the fight was over.

Another missed opportunity shortly thereafter when the protagonist gives up his back, does a back-block, then moves some more.  And the opponent visibly lets another wide-open opportunity for a disabling or killing blow just go by.

But as a fan film, not bad at all...  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

groudon4616
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 08:48:09 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, we should have spent some more time shaping the choreography within the 3rd sequence. Time restraints kept us from really spending enough time on it, especially for the shot where it's spinning around us and the final kill could have been more convincing for sure. But that must be improved for next time! I hope to evolve this into something more interesting in the future, it has a charm to it that could develop into an interesting universe of its own not bound by the rules of current Star Wars. Smiley

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 04:04:01 PM »

That could certainly be interesting!

We have some nice threads going in the FanFic forum, if you want to test the waters and get some feedback.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: