Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How hot do these LEDs get?  (Read 728 times)
Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« on: March 17, 2018, 01:15:24 PM »

Hey all back with more insanity. Okay so my saber is stunt GB and my wifes is AB I have some gel stuff for making stained glass so I made a couple colour disks. The one in my wifes saber is fine but mine is melting and it has only been on for less than a couple of minutes 3-4 times. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 01:28:19 PM »

Hey there Xamon,

It seems that the blue LED dies do in fact get hotter.  I've even heard tale of the US colour disks reacting that way.

AB is a green die and blue die mixed, so that might explain why it's "cooler"

So yes, the LEDs do put out some heat.  The colour is what determines that to my knowledge though.

LEE filters are for stage lighting, and can withstand higher temperatures.  I'll direct you to this thread by Hazard502: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38175.0

I hope it hasn't stuck to your LED module though.   Undecided

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Xamon
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 04:08:17 PM »

Yeah if I could find some lee filters for a good price I would get them, one place said $5 for the book and $150 for shipping  Shocked Most of the places I have found here in Canada that carry the filters do not list the sample books. I keep looking though.

Yeah no sticking, I had it mounted on a plastic disk and it is cupping a bit so took it out. Thanks for the info Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 04:27:09 PM »

Ummmm...hazard502 lives in Alberta, and he got his for $2...

Worth looking at.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Xamon
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 01:49:40 AM »

hmm I will have to dig deeper. My force powers are weak from being stuck in carbonite... (dang long winter)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: