Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Advice  (Read 2661 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« on: April 23, 2018, 04:56:30 PM »

this thread can be used for asking for advice about anything

I need help, I go to a really nice private school, and my brother is coming here next year, but my family is already really tight on finances and I am thinking of going to public school to help save my family a lot of money, and all of my old friends go to public school too, and I can take a lot of the classes I wanted, but I will be leaving a lot of my friends at this school.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 05:16:22 PM »

Hi.  This thread is being locked as I'm not seeing the usefulness of this for the forum's benefit.  Your run on sentence does not indicate someone who is learned or experienced in life lessons enough to offer sound advice to others.  Your Ask Me Anything thread can remain and advice can be offered there.  Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 02:27:48 AM »

Okay my face is red and I owe Golden Fedora a big public apology.  He is not the creator of the Ask Me Anything thread as I have just discovered while going to post a question there.  Embarrassed  

In my private convo with GF he also apologized for this thread and clarified that he is feeling some stress about his perhaps mostly school related circumstances.  He is asking for our assistance and is not wanting to give out any advice to others.  Looking for helpful hints and some guidance that his peer friends are unable to provide.

So if anyone has some encouraging words of support and wisdom please share and support a member.  Smiley

Meanwhile... I'm off to detention to write something 100 times on a blackboard.  Roll Eyes

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 05:28:37 AM »

I am not a big fan of school in general. I was tortured in the 80's by antiquated laws that still stand to this day in Ca. about not giving bi-racial children I.Q. tests because they claim it is biased against us. I am half black/half white (essentially). Which I find to be absolutely ridiculous considering I grew up in a town that was 98% Caucasian, raised by a white woman, that and i had two other African American students in a school of almost 2,500. Until I had gotten in enough trouble at age 13 to make them consider kicking me out of the entire school district. They told my mother I was incapable of learning at higher than 1st grade level from first grade to the middle of 7th grade (or for you canucks, grade seven Wink). I was brought before the entire school district in an attempt to scare me at Juvenile hall. This is where they looked at me 12 deep on either side of a long conference table and analyzed my yearly CAT, or standardized test scores and realized I had been scoring college level and above for everything but math (still a problem) since I was in first grade. They asked me "would you like to skip two grades, because we think we are not challenging you?"
To which I said "um... yeah that would be nice."
Point is I know kids that were in public and particularly private schools that have no actual wisdom or knowledge. Facts, sure, to a degree.
I guess my point is I know too many private school kids that learned nothing about people and the real world, while maintaining dates and useless facts that get them nowhere. So I say (and please take this with a grain of salt) go to public school and learn about a vast array of different people, rather than a bunch of forgettable dates and locations. That's my 76.41 cents.  Cheesy

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 05:46:22 AM »

Sorry for the double post. If you think your family could use the extra money, Good for you. They probably can, and I personally think everyone in your family (including you) would benefit from you going to a public school.

At the same time, I would be pleased to know what plans you have for college, and a career.    

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 02:38:11 PM »

Hi again.  Today GF has re-clarified what he actually meant in his posting.  He now is wanting to both receive and give random advice to others that may request it.  Smiley

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 11:45:53 AM »

Did you ever decide which school you are going to attend?

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 03:10:30 PM »

I think we've decided to stay where I am because I have a lot of friends here and my mom wants me to be able to look out for my brother

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 05:24:00 PM »

this thread can be used for asking for advice about anything

I need help, I go to a really nice private school, and my brother is coming here next year, but my family is already really tight on finances and I am thinking of going to public school to help save my family a lot of money, and all of my old friends go to public school too, and I can take a lot of the classes I wanted, but I will be leaving a lot of my friends at this school.

I would have given my left foot to go to private school. I would definitely stay unless your family is going to end up on the street or something.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: