Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: United Federation of Lightsaber Combat  (Read 1089 times)
Logan Skywalker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Keeper of The Balance

« on: June 07, 2018, 03:43:39 AM »

Hello all,
I am considering creating a lightsaber combat federation. The idea is to create a unified set of combat/tournament rules that can be adopted by any duelist group for the purpose of holding tournaments local, state, regional and national. The plan would be that any group ludosport, light speed, saber academy, TSL etc. could compete under a unified set of rules, yet remain autonomous within their own organizations. This is but a brain child at the moment, but the rules would be very basic, basic gear, no full force trying to knock each others head of(basically you could go full speed so long as you maintain control, and understand the difference between speed and power). Any of the strikes from the 7 forms would be acceptable within reason( no low blows, stabs are ok but lunging thrusts or power thrusts, again control is the key here) heavy grade 1in blades would be required, masks that have no openings in the face larger than 7/8 of an inch. Also, no exotics separation(discrimination). If you cant fight against jar kai or a saber staff, you must work on your technique and get to where you can, or find a new technique that allows you to do so. The goal would be to unify saber dueling for competition under one set of rules, and thats it, outside of that each organization each group would be able to function as they choose with no oversight or nosing in their business, they would be able to hold their own tuornaments under their own rules outside of UFLC. This would allow cross organization challenges and cross competition. You guys let me know what you think. Also I am in the DFW texas area and looking for duelists who wish to help organize this and meet for practice and discussion regarding rules etc.

Logan "The Grey" Skywalker

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 08:44:22 PM »

Sounds like a good idea, and a doable concept. It would be exciting to have any semblance of organized/formalized training and combat participatory organization in my area. It sounds like a pretty big task to get all the people with their individual ideas about the sport to agree on one unified rule structure. But it would be awesome to be a part of such a project.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: