Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Electrum Wind for the blind.  (Read 1570 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« on: June 10, 2018, 04:17:25 AM »

Can anyone describe the Electrum Wind to me in greater detail than the video on YouTube?
I'd really appreciate a detailed description, that highlights the saber, and possibly compares it to one from the SW universe.
Thanks in advance.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »

Well its based off of Mace Windu's saber, so it compares to that in universe, as it's almost an exact copy with just enough differences to keep The Mouse at bay.

It's silver and has lots of gold accents on it with a black "grip" in the typical grip area.... sorry I can't do better than a very basic description right now, but that's a start at least.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 12:05:56 AM »

Electrum Wind:

Ok, take  4 D-cell batteries, put them end to end and wrap them in tape. THat's about the length and weight of the Electrum Wind saber. Yes, it is quite heavy for a lightsaber.

You remember is the 1st movie prequel, where the saberstaff gets cut in 2? The part the bad guy continues the fight with is about the size and width of the Electrum Wind.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 07:16:53 PM »

The Electrum Wind is based on Master of the Order, Mace Windu, which has the rare Hurrikaine crystal from the Planet Hurikane which gives the lightsaber a violet amethyst color.  It's a rare color among the Jedi.  With that said, US states that it's their toughest saber in their arsonal.  It is a heavy saber; however, it's one of the traits that also makes it a tough sob... Lol.

"The emitter is removable and Gold Anodized and features windows to show light when the blade is illuminated. Additionally, several other pieces of the Electrum Wind are gold anodized to accent the black grips and black textured pieces on the rear of the hilt and near the pommel. The grips come in two different version: Round and Chamfered. The pommel is removable and comes in two different versions: Gold Finish and Black Finish. The Electrum Wind is able to accommodate sound installs, Emerald LED driver installs, and has a MHS compatible emitter & pommel as well.

The Electrum Wind comes standard with a non-illuminated AV switch, is 1.6″ wide, and 12.25″ long from the top of the emitter to the bottom of the pommel. The saber comes completely assembled and ready to go. The pommel and emitter are removable and compatible with TCSS MHS (Modular Hilt System) parts. Sound and the Emerald LED driver are also available options."

In my honest opinion, it's a formidable saber just like the Emperor's Hand.  Two sabers that I want to eventually own.  It's a great choice for Jedi/Sith alike. 

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 09:48:41 PM »

Thank you guys for the descriptions, but is there any chance you could go into greater detail about the saber.  Keep in mind that I am blind, and well, screens don't display in 3D touch yet.

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 08:28:48 PM »

Here's my best go at describing the electrum wind, based on pictures.

The very top of the emitter is gold, with a single row of holes all the way around to let light through. This section is maybe half an inch. Below that, maybe an inch and a half of smooth silver. Below that is where the activation switch is, a gold box with a gold accent above it on a silver base. The back of this section of the saber is black. Below that is a gold section with three medium horizontal grooves. Below that is a silver section which comprises about half the total length of the hilt. It has raised black grip lines that run vertically. Below that is a thin gold band, and below that a silver section with a black covertech wheel. Below that is a medium black band, then another thin gold band on a silver base, and the bottom of the pommel is gold.

Hope this helps.

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 09:21:23 PM »

The Electrum Wind is a saber that sits on its own apart from the rest of the arsenal.  It's a beautiful saber that's primarily silver with gold and a little bit of black accents throughout the entire saber.

This is one of the larger sabers in that it measures 1.6" side and 12.25"  from the tip of the emitter to the base of the pommel. 

The emitter is MHS compatible and has circular windows to show light when the blade is illuminated and its tip and windows are also gold anodized.  The rest of the emitter is silver.  There are also two optoins for the blade set screw: socket or button. I tend to lean towards the socket since it looks better to me. 

Right below the emitter is the switch section.  The switch sits on top of a gold rectangle which have two narrow gold rectangles flanking both sides of the switch.  Right above the switch is a golden arch that complements the gold accents of the saber.  Opposing the switch, is an area where most welders will agree that is a comfortable grip section for dueling and spinning.

Right below the switch section are three gold anodized groove section that again, complements all of the gold accents which meets with the grip section of the saber. The grip section has  two options to chose from: round or chamfered grips.  Round grips are for canon purposes while the chamfered are for better grips.  Keep that in mind while ordering this saber whether you want the grips for looks or actual grips.

Below the grip section is a small gold anodized ring and right below the main body of the saber narrows off, there is a section where there is a custom made covertec wheel that only fits the Electrum Wind while no other existing covetec wheel will fit this saber.  Once the saber narrows down, there is a black grip like ring before another gold anodized right before the pommel.

The pommel is a decent size, not owning the saber myself, I'm not sure where it starts to be honest but it can be ordered with the base having two different colors: gold or black.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: