Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sometimes some negative feedback is needed. Here goes.  (Read 1876 times)
LMS5400
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 9

« on: June 19, 2018, 06:26:38 PM »

I'm a UI developer so I can't sit idle about some glaring issues here.

- Font is too hard to read and too small.
- The title font is almost the same color as background when posting a new topic, I can't even read it!
- The icons are animated, skeuomorphic in a bad way, outdated and basically hard to understand.
- The color contrast makes things painful to read.
- I cant edit my own topics after I post? Or i cant find out how -- either way, its bad.

I suggest moving to better forum software such as Invision Power board.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 06:49:20 PM »

Sorry to hear you don't like it. You can change the way the forum looks in your profile under "Look and Layout Preferences" by changing the theme. The SMF Default theme is available for all to use if they don't like this one. Thanks.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 07:03:29 PM »

Editing is only possible within one hour after posting. After that time you'll have to make a new post if you want to add something.

For editing, there is a small pen with a white rectangle on the right of your post. Click it, and edit what you want to edit.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 08:11:51 PM »

I will be honest at times I have a problem reading the contents of this site and I did try the other themes (which weren't any better) but I did come across a work around.
In your browser settings there should be a screen zoom function. I have IE 11 and the little "Cog" icon in the top right of the menu bar opens the browser settings menu and the third option down the list is Zoom. Just click it and set it to 125% and it makes reading posts much easier and makes the text less blurry. Then reset the zoom for other sites.

This solution isn't perfect but I have an old browser (I have an old laptop!) and my eyes are even older but newer browsers should still have a similar Zoom function.
Hope it helps.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 08:14:47 PM »

- The title font is almost the same color as background when posting a new topic, I can't even read it!
- The icons are animated, skeuomorphic in a bad way, outdated and basically hard to understand.
- I cant edit my own topics after I post? Or i cant find out how -- either way, its bad.

I suggest moving to better forum software such as Invision Power board.

- I've never had a problem, on mobile or desktop.
- This I agree with
- No issue here either
- Nor here
- A stated, you have an hour window to edit your post.  Not sure on mobile but usually on the right above your post you will see "Modify".

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 08:52:28 PM »

I will be honest at times I have a problem reading the contents of this site and I did try the other themes (which weren't any better) but I did come across a work around.
In your browser settings there should be a screen zoom function. I have IE 11 and the little "Cog" icon in the top right of the menu bar opens the browser settings menu and the third option down the list is Zoom. Just click it and set it to 125% and it makes reading posts much easier and makes the text less blurry. Then reset the zoom for other sites.

This solution isn't perfect but I have an old browser (I have an old laptop!) and my eyes are even older but newer browsers should still have a similar Zoom function.
Hope it helps.

Yeah, you can also hold down ctrl and use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out and then it will only affect the site you're on. I read the forum at 175% zoom because the high resolution on my monitor makes everything small. The forum is designed to be functional even without full HD resolutions, so if you run a higher res, you might need to zoom in.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 09:42:54 PM »

Yeah, you can also hold down ctrl and use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out and then it will only affect the site you're on. I read the forum at 175% zoom because the high resolution on my monitor makes everything small. The forum is designed to be functional even without full HD resolutions, so if you run a higher res, you might need to zoom in.

Thanks for this tip, it works a dream and is quicker than my method. You may have saved the  future of my eyesight!

+1 point

LMS5400
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 04:36:08 PM »

Sure, I understand I can change my local settings and improve some of these issues but I think we can agree the UI/UX can be quite a bit better for everyone with a few simple changes.

Thank you

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 01:19:22 AM »

I changed this just now. Hope it helps.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: