Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A funny story that happened to me  (Read 2618 times)
TekelBrighteyes
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« on: August 23, 2018, 04:48:17 AM »

I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the correct place, so if not, please forgive me.

I meant to tell this story awhile back. It's something that happened to me on May 4th, Star Wars day. Sadly I got lazy and kept putting it off until I forgot. Any, here it goes. My local gaming shop decided not to do anything for Star Wars day *BOO!!! Hisss* but I got lucky and a "geek" club near me did. They held a Star Wars costume contest and had burlesque troupe  come in and put on a Star Wars show.

Now, in case you missed my other post I have the Crimson Scorpion with the Sun Rider's Destiny blade color.

The dancers, mostly women but also some men, did a beautiful job and after the show they walked around talking to everyone there.  Every time I started talking to one of the dancers someone would come up to me to talk about my lightsaber. So hear I am, talking to half naked women, and people come up ignoring them and asking about my saber. I was: annoyed that they wouldn't let me get some quality time with the dancers, felt sorry for the hard working dancers getting ignored, and proud that my costume and saber were so popular.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 11:55:59 AM »

I believe this belongs to either the cosplay section, off topic, or everything Star Wars thread.  No worries, our great admins will help you move it soon.

Great story you have there, Tekel.  Ultra Sabers' is the gift that keeps on giving, I too have gotten many compliments for my sabers but not to your extent with the dancers and the many attendees wanting to know more about your saber.  Kudos to you and have a point.  I hope that in the end, you were able to speak to a few dancers for a bit.  Always love a saber with SRD.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 12:56:01 PM »

So hear I am, talking to half naked women, and people come up ignoring them and asking about my saber.

I'd have been like, "Dude, stop saber blocking." Wink

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 01:04:37 PM »

I'd have been like, "Dude, stop saber blocking." Wink

That made me laugh, point.

TekelBrighteyes
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 01:40:13 PM »

Thanks everyone. And scifidude79, that's hilarious, I just wish I had thought of that at the time. I promise I will remember it for next time. Cheesy

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 06:44:04 PM »

Great stuff. Smiley

Yes, I suppose I'll move this to the Star Wars section.  Any objections?

Points.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 06:44:54 PM »

None, Rapine.  Do as you will. 

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564