Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Darksaber Kyber Crystal  (Read 5937 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 11:33:31 PM »

I don't find it too much of a stretch to assume that just because we've only seen Kyber crystals make blue, green, and yellow sabers, that they can't make any other colors. I think there is a bit of the Force reading the characters and that is what gives the saber it's color. Obviously the Kyber (just like everything else in the Force) initially resists Sith, hence the need to force it to their will (just like they do with the Force), which explains the Red just fine. We've only seen one canon Purple saber, so maybe the Force (and by extension the Kyber) senses each character, and then the color comes for what they are most aligned with. Most Jedi are relatively simple, hence the Blue and Green, but someone like Mace Windu (who from what I understand is a more aggressive person to begin with) the Force would give him a purple blade. Someone like Vizla (who is a MANDOLORIAN) would have a far higher aggression rating than even Mace, so the Force would give him a Black blade. That is what I think (if that makes any sense).

I also don't think that the only way to get a Silver blade is to cleanse a Sith crystal. And my reason for thinking this is because of Master Sinube also has a Silver blade. Does this mean that he did not cleanse a crystal? Not necessarily, but seeing as the Sith have been gone for nearly (or maybe over) 1000 years, and the average lifespan of a Cosian (Sinube's species) is about 200 years, I find it highly unlikely. Anyways, just some thoughts.

I forgot about the Clone Wars episode specifically where the one older Jedi (can't remember the name, but he is instructing a youngling lightsaber class when *SPOILER* Anakin and Barriss have their wicked awesome duel), he inexplicably had a white saber in that scene if I recall and strangely enough I think in a different season he had a green one. Then of course you've got the Temple Guards with their special yellow saber staffs. It's been a bit since I watched the series in its entirety but wow, it sure confused the issue of blade color. And that's excluding the Darksaber completely.

Hey Sani, Samuel L. Jackson is totally to blame for all of it. Lucas told him that "good guys get blue and green" but he just HAD to have that purple.  Tongue Grin

That is who I'm talking about, and earlier he had a light blue (still could've been considered Silver).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 11:46:06 PM »

Samuel L. Jackson is totally to blame for all of it. Lucas told him that "good guys get blue and green" but he just HAD to have that purple.  Tongue Grin

It's his favorite color. He asks for something in purple in every movie. He doesn't always get it, but it never hurts to ask. Also, I believe he wanted to be able to spot himself in the battles, and the purple does stand out. Some people think it started with Attack of the Clones, but I have his Phantom Menace action figure and it has a purple bladed saber. Cool

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 12:00:45 AM »

Hi SFD,

I'm not sure that the colours of action figures can be relied on as being sources to validate canon or not. Way back in time some of the early Luke Skywalker action figures came with yellow lightsabers! (The extendable ones in the arm of the figure).

When I spoke with Tim Rose earlier in the year he told me a story about a photoshoot that took place for the images used on the toy packaging. This is how Admiral Ackbar got his name, Ackbar didn't have an official name at the time of the shoot and when the photographer asked what the name was Tim had to shout over to Lucas. Lucas promptly replied "Er, Admiral...er Ackbar!" because it rhymed with the nickname they had been using for Ackbar up till then.

An example of the writers making canon up as they went along!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 12:08:17 AM »

I'm not sure that the colours of action figures can be relied on as being sources to validate canon or not. Way back in time some of the early Luke Skywalker action figures came with yellow lightsabers! (The extendable ones in the arm of the figure).

We don't need to validate canon, his color is purple in canon. I was merely pointing out that Samuel L. Jackson wanting a purple saber clearly didn't start with AOTC. It may have been one of those things where he was like, "If my character ever has to use a lightsaber, I want it to be purple." Wink There was a lot of BTS stuff posted on TPM on CD-ROM (before the Internet was as big) and his saber was listed as purple on that too.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 12:20:41 AM »

As far as current canon, I haven't seen anything that stated ONLY 4 colors exist...just the blue and green (in varying shades) are the most common. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 12:23:05 AM »

Hi SFD,

Maybe validate was the wrong word, I understand Mace has purple and that is canon...no problem, I was just trying to show the flowing nature of how discrepancies can and do crop up during the creative process.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 12:30:36 AM »

go to 1:31

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVQtlQtxCs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2018, 12:39:48 AM »

You've gotta love Samuel L. Jackson. Grin

I'm glad George Lucas kept the blade color. I really like the EU explanation that it's indicative of his skill with the saber. Plus, it just makes him cool and unique, at least in canon.

Hi SFD,

Maybe validate was the wrong word, I understand Mace has purple and that is canon...no problem, I was just trying to show the flowing nature of how discrepancies can and do crop up during the creative process.

No problem, my friend. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: