Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Darksaber Kyber Crystal  (Read 5930 times)
Sani2341
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -39

« on: August 31, 2018, 11:50:34 AM »

So a Question that recently came to my mind, after readign the Ahsoka book.
Afaik, in the Disney Canon, when you Harvest/find your kyber Crystal, they are producing either a green, blue or yellow blade when used in a lightsaber.
This can be changed to red by bleedign the crstal, and if that get's healed we get a white blade.

Now how does the darksaber, which was originaly made by a jedi and not chnaged since it's wielders death have the strange blade it does?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 01:46:22 PM »

That’s a good question, with Disney’s new Kyber crystal sotry, I’m really not sure and do hope that they do explain it since I’m also wondering

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 02:14:14 PM »

Stuff like this is why Disney's crap crystal explanation doesn't work. Clone Wars is canon, so therefore the Darksaber exists, yet it technically can't exist with their "magic crystals" explanation.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 02:16:37 PM »

Stuff like this is why Disney's crap crystal explanation doesn't work. Clone Wars is canon, so therefore the Darksaber exists, yet it technically can't exist with their "magic crystals" explanation.

Exactly.  How do they explain colors like Mace Windu's or the SRD as well, I'm curious. 

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 02:18:10 PM »

Exactly.  How do they explain colors like Mace Windu's or the SRD as well, I'm curious. 

You can't. Like I said, it's crap.

Sani2341
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -39

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 03:02:18 PM »

It's also featured heavily in Rebels, so I do hope they figure outsome Explanation, although I had hoped there already was one I simply had missed.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 03:15:01 PM »

You can't. Like I said, it's crap.

It is crap

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 09:41:45 PM »

The Kyber Crystal stuff is one of the few things I like that has come from the new canon.  I like the idea that there is a mystical element to the Lightsabers now, it gives more credence to the fact only Force Users can build them.   They are trying hard to figure out the Darksaber I believe.  Slowly fleshing it out, since we found out it was built by the first and seemingly only Mando Jedi ( a bit more info was gleaned from the Forces of Destiny Short).  But you got to remember, the Darksaber was pretty much forced into creation by Lucas.  In case someone doesn't know, originally Pre Vizsla was supposed to be wielding an ancient Vibro Sword.  Which would track with the old EU that Vibro weapons could stand up to lightsabers..for a while.  But George came in and was adamant that only a lightsaber could block another lightsaber (even though in Ep 3 the Magma guards were doing pretty good with their staffs)  but they had already began animation with the vibro sword...so they had to pull the Dark saber out of their @$$ at the last minute

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 11:05:08 PM »

I'm in the minority, I don't really want an explanation. The Darksaber for me represents everything mystical and ancient about Star Wars lore. When I first saw it I was kind of miffed how wildly different it was from a traditional saber, in color and shape, but that changed over time. It's hard to put into words, whenever I see it on-screen it just always makes me think of how large and old the story universe of Star Wars is, and that there are secrets and long-forgotten legends of it that even main characters can't even begin to describe or explain. Hope that makes a modicum of sense.

I remember when Sabine mentioned that both hers and the other Mandalorian's armor was hundreds of years old, my heart practically jumped at the awesomeness of just that line of dialogue describing Mandalorian culture. That is brilliant storytelling and characterization on the part of the writers. I love that kind of stuff.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 11:08:00 PM »

It's not the fact that Force users have to meditate over the crystals to make them a color. That's not all that bad. However, the fact that you can allegedly only make 4 colors, yet we've seen that more colors exist in canon. There's no allowance for those colors.

At least the EU is still normal, because the Adegan crystals growing in caves and being harvested is still canon for the Legends timeline.

I'm in the minority, I don't really want an explanation. The Darksaber for me represents everything mystical and ancient about Star Wars lore. When I first saw it I was kind of miffed how wildly different it was from a traditional saber, in color and shape, but that changed over time. It's hard to put into words, whenever I see it on-screen it just always makes me think of how large and old the story universe of Star Wars is, and that there are secrets and long-forgotten legends of it that even main characters can't even begin to describe or explain. Hope that makes a modicum of sense.

I'd be totally with you if they hadn't started trying to explain things. It's like midiclorians. Didn't want to know about them. Prior to that, the Force was just magic. But, they tried to science it. Now they're tying to put the magic back in and mix it with science. It doesn't add up.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 11:11:51 PM »

I'd be totally with you if they hadn't started trying to explain things. It's like midiclorians. Didn't want to know about them. Prior to that, the Force was just magic. But, they tried to science it. Now they're tying to put the magic back in and mix it with science. It doesn't add up.

I think I agree, have you by chance read the book and tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? That might be the only time where Midiclorians seemed cool and actually worked into the story decently well, at least that I've come across.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 11:15:58 PM »

I have the book Darth Plageuis, but I never made it all the way through it. I found it kind of dry.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 11:19:35 PM »

It's not the fact that Force users have to meditate over the crystals to make them a color. That's not all that bad. However, the fact that you can allegedly only make 4 colors, yet we've seen that more colors exist in canon. There's no allowance for those colors.

Exactly my point. The idea of how they get their Colors are actually cool it’s the limitation of four colors is what bothers me which goes against Mace’s saber and the Dark saber

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 11:26:08 PM »

I forgot about the Clone Wars episode specifically where the one older Jedi (can't remember the name, but he is instructing a youngling lightsaber class when *SPOILER* Anakin and Barriss have their wicked awesome duel), he inexplicably had a white saber in that scene if I recall and strangely enough I think in a different season he had a green one. Then of course you've got the Temple Guards with their special yellow saber staffs. It's been a bit since I watched the series in its entirety but wow, it sure confused the issue of blade color. And that's excluding the Darksaber completely.

Hey Sani, Samuel L. Jackson is totally to blame for all of it. Lucas told him that "good guys get blue and green" but he just HAD to have that purple.  Tongue Grin

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2018, 11:32:31 PM »

We don't know the original color of Ahsoka's white crystals before they were Sithed into being red. Just that she did something restorative, not that they are as if they'd never changed, but not that they are a different color either. We don't know blue, green and yellow are the ONLY natural colors. We now know colors CAN be natural. We know crystals CAN call a Jedi to them. We know a red crystal from a defeated Sith CAN call a former Jedi and CAN change color. We know Lucas allowed Jackson to have a purple lightsaber. We know writers used the purple lightsabers in books etc. We know Disney canon books such as Heir to the Jedi have said purple is rare, yet one such saber Luke found had more than one purple crystal in it. We know of one darksaber with a flat pointed blade. This could be a design difference that makes it dark, just as it is shaped different. This could be a rare or even one of a kind crystal called to the rare or one of a kind Mando-Jedi. We know Disney's Kylo has a cracked red crystal. We can see from the films that he modified his blue/silver saber to become the red/blackened cross guard saber. Disney writings state that the crosses are vents. We don't even know for certain that they behave as regular blades do and provide protection. That's audience assumption. The meanings of color differences were the audience's own inference and assumptions. It's open until it's stated. When it's stated and then changed, it's a writer's mistake. But, sometimes, there are side options. You know red and blue make purple. But I've got a saber that is true violet light, not red and purple mixed. So, our examples in one story may not explain another.

My own inference is that masters who have found deeper peace and connection to the force often have green, quick to act protectors have blue, Jedi with anger may have purple, Non-canon characters with skill have yellow, and Kylo's own inner conflict cracked his crystal when he fell to the darkside or he did what they do to make it red. Although, it may have only cracked when the hut fell in on him and Luke, but I think the writers intended to put meaning in the excessive energy spilling out that had to be vented to prevent destroying the saber, much reflecting Kylo's own.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: