Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lucas Lee Skateboard  (Read 2855 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« on: October 15, 2018, 07:20:15 PM »

I know this isn't SW but I'm proud of it anyways. Darth Logos decided to cosplay Lucas Lee from Scott Pilgrim vs the World and I was charged with creating the board.

This started life as a tween's cheap Chinese pos skateboard. It was generously donated to the cause by one of my nieces, thank you Niece #1.

All sanded

There was no grip left so I had to create my own. Good luck guessing what I used in place of sand.

Had to seal it so it didn't chip off. Used epoxy and it turned out a bit shiny  Undecided

Didn't have time to order white wheels and purple just wouldn't do

Sealed the board with epoxy to make the wood grain pop and make painting easier.

Protractors rock

Not an ideal place for painting but this wouldn't fit in my spray booth

Lovely

Did another layer of epoxy to seal the paint job but had a bit of crazing. Had to sand to try and even it out.

Unfortunately I didn't have time for another epoxy layer to fix the oopses so I had to use spray enamel. I hate this stuff with a passion, you look at it funny and it crazes.

Finished product

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:32:23 PM »

A board fit for an A-lister!
The original graphic was epic too though. Roll Eyes

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 08:34:37 PM »

Great job.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »

Great work there, Kath. I can see why you don’t want it damaged nor used.  Expect a point within the hour

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 08:50:55 PM »

Thanks guys.

Silenoz, its not the graphic that sucks, it's literally everything else. I don't think you can spin the wheel and get 5 rotations... a total War-Mart special.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 09:01:16 PM »

Easily fixed, good brandted ball bearing trucks and wheels will fix that

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 09:09:30 PM »

Easily fixed, good brandted ball bearing trucks and wheels will fix that
Time and money were short. This is a prop so he can get by with the painted wheels tho if he ever decides to find a set of decent wheels I’ll pop them on for him.

Darkside Points Please

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 11:09:43 PM »

Thanks guys.

Silenoz, its not the graphic that sucks, it's literally everything else. I don't think you can spin the wheel and get 5 rotations... a total War-Mart special.

Oh I know. I used to skate. Aside from the board being way to narrow for me, if I put Bones Swiss bearings in the unpainted wheels I would still end up cracking the trucks in less than an hour, and probably snapping the board. But again, as a prop, It's perfect.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 12:21:35 AM »

Time and money were short. This is a prop so he can get by with the painted wheels tho if he ever decides to find a set of decent wheels I’ll pop them on for him.

I can see that. My point is that given your limited time, you did an excellent job to where you can make it usable if you wanted to.  Good eye

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 03:52:31 PM »

Forgot to post the results

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 03:58:45 PM »

Only 4 months late you dork

Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 04:24:28 PM »

Only 4 months late you dork
Shut it. I didn't see you attending to the matter.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: