Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453632 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #585 on: March 11, 2019, 08:36:11 PM »

Hi Infinit,

I'll add the colour change to the "To Do List". I should have a few upgrades in about a week and I'll work on a gallery post for it.

Thanks again.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2019, 09:04:27 PM »

Hi Infinit,

I'll add the colour change to the "To Do List". I should have a few upgrades in about a week and I'll work on a gallery post for it.

Thanks again.

Hey there, Tyeth.  Thank you, I was just thinking out loud is all. Smiley  Looking forward to it

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #587 on: March 12, 2019, 06:26:30 PM »

Hello Everybody,

FAIR WARNING! Sadly, I am NOT in a good mood today!

I have had a bit of a disaster just now. Whilst editing an image of my latest crossguard design I was going to post on the forum this weekend my laptop, Windows and my USB stick decided to screw up BIG TIME. Long story short my laptop failed to recognise my USB stick when I tried to save the image...Windows tried to scan and fix said USB stick....then before I could halt Windows it proceeded to delete the image, folder and all my model files etc for the crossguard!

To say I feel sick is an understatement. Ironically (and depending on your point of view) I was lucky and it left every other bit of data intact I just lost Asguard as I called it.

Oh well, I had best get back to work and try to recreate it.

On a positive note I need to thank everybody who has looked in on my topic here as you have broken the 10,000 views barrier so thank you all for the support.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #588 on: March 12, 2019, 12:09:38 PM »

<3 I hope things begin to look up for you, For. That's rough. Sad

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #589 on: March 12, 2019, 07:21:42 PM »

<3 I hope things begin to look up for you, For. That's rough. Sad

Hello Lady Revan, thanks but I might have made it sound a bit melodramatic...I only lost one hilt design. Unfortunately it was the one I was kinda really proud of and was gonna post this weekend.

I still have all my other designs, it was just a fluke/bad Force influence that the computer wiped the folder it was in because it was open at the time of the glitch.

I will have to rebuild it. And I will.
Thanks again. point for your kindness.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #590 on: March 12, 2019, 07:24:51 PM »

For, that's tough.   I've lost stories that way, and its discouraging.  I look forward to seeing the design rise from the ashes!   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #591 on: March 12, 2019, 07:36:03 PM »

Hello Karmack,

Thanks man, I can imagine it's like losing a story too. It feels like a little bit of you goes with it as I'd worked on it for a month!

I don't know technology huh?  Roll Eyes

Thanks for your encouragement too, point on it's way.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #592 on: March 12, 2019, 10:13:43 PM »

That SUCKS!!! Sad Sad
Thank goodness it was only 1 design and not all of them!! One is bad enough!!
 I am confident that with your skills you will be able to recreate it asap. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #593 on: March 12, 2019, 10:23:53 PM »

That SUCKS!!! Sad Sad
Thank goodness it was only 1 design and not all of them!! One is bad enough!!
 I am confident that with your skills you will be able to recreate it asap. MTFBWY!

Hi MavRick, It was only 1 design, and luckily not the "Wooden Wonder" I have in store for everyone soon (shh! our secret plans  Wink )

And thanks for the encouragement and belief in my skills, I'm going to try and relax tonight by reading some more of Lady Revan's "Only Light Can Cast A Shadow" fanfic then tomorrow set to work rebuilding.

And some good news, I have a spare hilt ready to "swoop" in for this weeks offering.

Thanks again. point incoming.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #594 on: March 12, 2019, 10:42:14 PM »

Ah, the joys of 3D modeling. It's fun, the tools are cheap to pick up, especially when you use freeware or open source software, like Blender. However, you're one software, OS or drive f*** up from losing things. I've had it happen more than once, usually to the tune of losing multiple models. It's never a happy time.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #595 on: March 12, 2019, 10:56:57 PM »

Point back as well, Tyeth.  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #596 on: March 12, 2019, 11:07:16 PM »

Ah, the joys of 3D modeling. It's fun, the tools are cheap to pick up, especially when you use freeware or open source software, like Blender. However, you're one software, OS or drive f*** up from losing things. I've had it happen more than once, usually to the tune of losing multiple models. It's never a happy time.

Hi SFD, thanks man, but I think part of the problem was I had removed the USB stick earlier and my old laptop didn't want to or couldn't recognise it when I went to save to it again after plugging it back in.

Remember I had a problem with the laptop a while ago?...turns out the disc cleaning function wasn't working properly and so it got stuffed with a ton of rubbish. Fortunately I saw your comment recommending CCleaner on the KOTOR thread and I gave it a try. Cured my laptop but I had been saving my work to USB and didn't back up my work after I cleaned the laptop drive. Dumb mistake, won't happen again.

Anyhow thanks again for the support and the recommendation of CCleaner. points on way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #597 on: March 17, 2019, 06:39:08 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well, I am a little late posting this week's offering but I had a heck of a week to deal with. After losing my prized crossguard design I needed to start collecting the files again I needed to rebuild it. I have now become dizzy from looking through hundreds of Damask style wallpaper patterns to find the one I used to etch the hilt.
Note to self: Make sure you make a list of resources and where to find them again in future!

Back to today and I needed a design to "Swoop" in and save the day - no not a Superman hilt but one that should "Nest" nicely in my collection, here is "Swoop Saber"

And just in case you don't recognise the inspiration for this hilt...

As you can probably see I was inspired by the top section of the Electroripper Staff owned by Enfys Nest! I particularly liked the angled shape of the "blade T-bar" and I had already built a similar shaped hilt  which I modified to add the pommel nub. The pommel itself sports an Enfys Nest/Cloud Riders' logo. The blade and switch share the same electric blue colour seen on the staff. This hilt even has a "radiator shroud" to cool the weapon down (I used a quite a few Blender techniques to model this.) And if you look carefully you will see it is a hollow plate that is curved to fit the handle. Then there is that little blue glow! Yes this saber has a TWIN crystal chamber layout hidden under the shroud. Remove the plate and you can see the two windows beneath...and another close look reveals I even modelled the little pins to attach the shroud!
Well I hope you like this design and as always thanks for looking in!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #598 on: March 17, 2019, 11:52:09 AM »

I'm in love with the windows for the crystal chamber in this design, For! I'm usually not much of one for crystal chambers at all, but think this is very tastefully done and enhances the overall aesthetic of the hilt Cheesy Great Design!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #599 on: March 17, 2019, 07:20:22 PM »

Hello Lady Revan,

Thanks very much, constructing a chamber in this way should make the design fairly duel-worthy. The shroud just adds a little extra interest rather than just leaving the windows exposed. I just wish I had Asguard to show everyone - the worst thing is that Thor is on TV right now on the UK's Channel 4 Film channel!

Anyway thanks again and a point on it's way to you.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: