Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Names  (Read 14911 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 09:58:16 AM »

I'll be honest: I prefer good guys to bad guys.

...but, if I were to go Sith, my name would so totally be 'Darth Sunder'.
It just plain sounds badass. Smiley
If I turn evil, I will become Darth Zod.

That way, I can say in a menacing voice, "Kneel before Zod."

Like was said  Latin is a good go to...or any other language than English.  Take mine  Tepes is Romanian for "Impaler".   When coming up with a Sith Name you should think about your character.  What's a defining trait or ideal of the character.  Example:  Lets say the Sith likes to hunt his/her prey.  Hunter is too on the nose so to speak so you go to a thesaurus.  Hmm  Stalker....Darth Stalker sounds menacing but still on the nose.  On to google Translator.  Hunter in Romanian is Vanator (3 syllables)  Darth Vanator....Darth Hunter but not as "on the nose" to anyone who doesn't speak Romanian.
Expanding on this I like to continually tweak a name until it becomes its own thing. For instance a few posts up you see me saying how i was considering something along the lines of "Insanis" obviously taken from the root "insane". Well the finished version of that name is Darth Vansi. It doesnt sound anything like the root because of that tweaking.

Insane -> German -> Wahnsinnig
Removed some syllables we get
"Wahnsi"
German pronounces this "Vahn-see" which can easily transcribe to Darth Vansi
I want to reiterate that all of these are all effective (and creative  Smiley) methods in coming up with Sith names.  And sometimes, it behooves you to do a little bit of word searching on your own to find the name that has that right feel to it  Wink

One of the underlying themes that I use in naming the characters in my stories is to choose a particular culture for them so as to differentiate from one another.  For instance: for several, I chose Old Norse names & descriptions e.g. for my main character, his lightsaber is called "Zearic's Aldrnari" which means "fire"  Then for others, I use Hindi (like for when they address each other, such as "daughter"=betee).  My Sith I tend to stick with latin; I feel that it gives weight to the character (again: Darth Mendax).  Others still I just...make it up (e.g. for other characters I use a masculine/feminine term of endearment: K'ompo/Kanp'a).  Still others: I try to use established languages for nicknames (in this case, the Hapan language: Ereneda (meaning "She who has no equal") for D'Aylanna and Shakal (meaning "worthy") for Zearic.

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

LSUJedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

Strive for the light. Accept the dark.

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 10:02:08 PM »

Like was said  Latin is a good go to...or any other language than English.

I took this to hear and came up with a name that now send so obvious: Darth Emrys. It's a druid word for 'Immortal'. It's a sith goal and also a fear (death). Plus it fits my own fear/desire.

Bonus: Merlin is an amazingly underrated show.

Alekso Lor'ens <------ X ------> Darth Emrys

Dem Sabers:
DIY Archon v3.1 - Consular Green
Bellicose - Guardian Blue
Initiate v3 LE - Violet Amethyst
Double-bladed Apprentice v5 LE - Fire Orange
Dark Initiate - Consular Green
Dark Initiate - Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 02:20:11 AM »

YASS!!! Agreed. Currently watching through it again.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 07:23:17 AM »

I usually use the name Darth Raze. It was actually my screen-name here for a while. Just something random I thought of, and my Sith character is an aspiring warlord(lady), so I think it fits well and is menacing.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

LSUJedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

Strive for the light. Accept the dark.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 01:59:48 AM »

my Sith character is an aspiring warlord(lady)

I think Warlady has a nice ring to it.

Alekso Lor'ens <------ X ------> Darth Emrys

Dem Sabers:
DIY Archon v3.1 - Consular Green
Bellicose - Guardian Blue
Initiate v3 LE - Violet Amethyst
Double-bladed Apprentice v5 LE - Fire Orange
Dark Initiate - Consular Green
Dark Initiate - Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 04:00:55 PM »

I took this to hear and came up with a name that now send so obvious: Darth Emrys. It's a druid word for 'Immortal'. It's a sith goal and also a fear (death). Plus it fits my own fear/desire.

I thought somebody's been watching NetFlix. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 04:06:25 PM »

Agreed

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 05:17:14 PM »

Accompanied by her trusty canine sidekick, Warlassie. A male Border Collie who knows which hand of the Force feeds him.

Cern
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 06:54:44 PM »

I have this headcanon that when a person gives themselves over to the Dark side, it kind of acts the way that Vampire personalities act in the Buffy-verse. In other words, the memories remain, but the "moral compass" is gone.

Character flaws get magnified and virtuous traits are twisted into evil.

"Evil is never the opposite of good, but rather its destroyer."

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2019, 12:32:00 PM »

I have this headcanon that when a person gives themselves over to the Dark side, it kind of acts the way that Vampire personalities act in the Buffy-verse. In other words, the memories remain, but the "moral compass" is gone.

Character flaws get magnified and virtuous traits are twisted into evil.

Pretty much what happens.  Anakin craved the power to change destiny...As Vader he does the same thing just with  much more ruthlessness.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2019, 12:33:56 PM »

Pretty much what happens.  Anakin craved the power to change destiny...As Vader he does the same thing just with  much more ruthlessness.
But the truth is that Anakin was always seduced by more power.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2019, 08:34:38 PM »

So my Sith persona, goes by Darth Pandæmis.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2019, 08:59:28 PM »

So my Sith persona, goes by Darth Pandæmis.
The name conjures images....

Sig by For Tyeth

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2019, 11:04:43 PM »

The name conjures images....

Panda is part of the reason it came about.  I very much am like a panda in many ways, and there are people who call me Panda.  So, a dear friend who is also a lightsaber practitioner I duel with, coined it, and I liked it. 

It is also a play on "pandemic", which I was referred to as after I chewed through about a half dozen Jedi as a Sith in a particular scenario.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2019, 02:05:34 AM »

Panda is part of the reason it came about.  I very much am like a panda in many ways, and there are people who call me Panda.  So, a dear friend who is also a lightsaber practitioner I duel with, coined it, and I liked it. 

It is also a play on "pandemic", which I was referred to as after I chewed through about a half dozen Jedi as a Sith in a particular scenario.

This was the funniest/most wholesome thing I think ive seen today. I saw the art and choked laughing. Not only funny but adorable and yet somehow as menacing as a Sith should be! Point to you sir!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: