Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Flamberge for the blind.  (Read 998 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« on: January 03, 2019, 03:48:13 AM »

Can anyone describe the Flamberge LE, and Flamberge  V2 to me in greater detail than the video on YouTube?
I'd really appreciate a detailed description, that highlights the saber, and expands on the details given on the website and in videos, in a way that a blind man can understand.
Thanks in advance.

28Shadow
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

Dark Side points please!

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 06:24:23 AM »

I'll do my best.  I used to own a Flamberge LE but have since sold it off.  I'll describe it from my memory as best I can for you.

The saber was fairly thick and long.  The grip thickness is a slightly smaller diameter than that of your average soda can.  Right below the three emitters is a bulky section used to hold the unique emitter section to the body.  It's a multi layered "terrace" like section, with the outer rings of the connection being larger below the emitter and gradually decreasing in diameter until it connects to the body or grip section.  The pommel gives the saber a good weight and balance with a longer or thicker blade, however it becomes such a length that it's almost forced to be a two handed saber.  The grooves/engraving on the saber are smooth and do not have sharp edges, which I quite liked.  The main emitter is very snort and round, with some engraving on the top.  It does not extend very far out from it's own threading, but the bite on the blade is very deep.  On the emitter section that houses the three emitters there are grooves that are very smooth and not sharp to the touch.

This is what I can remember from the top of my head.  If you need any specifics I'd be happy to help out.

"Let the past die.  Kill it, if you have to."

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 04:35:10 PM »

Noooo you compared it to a soda can 😆😆😆

Its not THAT big! The Hasbro saber maybe, but not the Flamberge.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 08:49:15 PM »

He did, didn't he? Lol.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 11:48:13 AM »

The Flamberge is a cross guard lightsaber like it's cousin, the Renegade which are both ancient designs that's dated back to the Great Scourge of Malachor.

Starting from the emitter, are three blades: a main blade flanked by quillons on each side.  These quillons are used on each of the lateral vents to protect the wielder's hand from harm. The output port for the main blade has a subtle output and is slightly noticeable since the port is slightly raised from the rest of the emitter section.  The quillon section of the emitter has a larger barrel-like shape that is horizontal which connects to both quillons.  CE or SE versions will be all in one color while the LEs will have three silver strips running vertically down the middle of the emitter while having one thick silver strip running vertically on both of the quillons, typically where the grooves are at.  The emitter is 5.5" wide from quillon to quillon

In between the bottom of the emitter and the top of the body is a small choke point which starts off thick and tapers down in step like groves that get smaller (there's about 5 of these) to the choke point right above the AV switch. The body is 1.5" wide and starts off from where the AV switch is mounted moving down towards the pommel.  There is a thicker part of the body that takes up about 10% of the bottom of the body which looks great with the pommel.

The pommel is slightly larger than the Renegade's pommel and starts off around the same thickness as the body which widens towards to the bottom of the pommel. The bottom of the pommel has a slightly raised area that has three cuts which allow for sound to come through.

The overall length of the cross guard saber from the emitter to the pommel is 14" long which is typical for a saber that looks like a sword.  

The design is ancient; however, its timeless designs and is still used by Jedi and Sith today.  

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 10:42:12 PM »

Infinit01 thanks again for the amazing description, here comes another point.
This is another saber, or rather two sabers I have to add to my wish list.  Both the LE and V2 are on my list.  One in red, and the other in blue.
Thanks again.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 11:59:35 PM »

You’re welcome, BlindJedi.  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print