Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: FOR FIRST-TIMERS, UNDECIDEDS, AND FANS OF VERSATILITY: VA with COLOR DISCS  (Read 4292 times)
VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Vor'ad Jorb'ir [Light and Dark Side Points please]

« on: January 10, 2019, 12:21:47 AM »

Hey, all! I'm fairly new, and one of the biggest problems I had ordering a saber was indecision. Color... hilt... and I just didn't know what they looked like in real life.
I knew that Purple was a color I wanted, but Guardian Blue and Red were important to my "Character" and his story arc in my writings, having used all colors. Not to mention, I have younger cousins, nieces, nephews, etc, and I want to be able to let them have fun.
I saw a video on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEpPn5usFiE) in which a guy used Bane's Heart with discs to get Red, VA, DVA, and Guardian Blue.
I worked with Marlena on figuring out what base color I should start with, she helped immensely.

Anyway, here goes.
This is my new Violet Amethyst saber (Li-Ion) with color discs.
Each one has 3 versions: Lights on, lights off, and close up. Some have the exposure down so you can see the color more accurately.
Color order:
Saber off
Standard VA (Shows up purple)
VA with Dark Green Disc (Shows up Deep Blue)
VA with Medium Orange Color Disc (Shows up Red)
VA with Dark and Light Green Discs (Shows as medium Blue) (Fairly dimmer)
VA with Red Color Disc (Shows as Bane's Heart)
VA with Yellow Color Disc (Shows as Pale Hot Pink)(In my opinion, this looks more like Mace Windu's in the dark IRL while standard VA looks like it in pictures)

Such as the fly chided the frog, did the old bird chide the young wolf, as it knew the young wolf would never fly.
When the bird took flight, the wolf followed out of sight, wondering what nest he may just find.
But the wolf lost the bird’s scent, followed its chirps so frequent, ‘til it was lost in a place it’d never known.
And the bird ceased singing, landed on the head of a massive bear, and said “The inexperienced should never hunt alone.”

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 01:08:57 AM »

Standard Saber Off in Light (Li-Ion, Midgrade)

Standard Saber Off in Dark (lol)

Standard Violet Amethyst in Light

Standard Violet Amethyst in Dark

Standard Violet Amethyst Up Close for Color

Such as the fly chided the frog, did the old bird chide the young wolf, as it knew the young wolf would never fly.
When the bird took flight, the wolf followed out of sight, wondering what nest he may just find.
But the wolf lost the bird’s scent, followed its chirps so frequent, ‘til it was lost in a place it’d never known.
And the bird ceased singing, landed on the head of a massive bear, and said “The inexperienced should never hunt alone.”

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 01:15:54 AM »

VA w/Dark Green Color Disc in Light

VA w/Dark Green Color Disc in Dark

VA w/Dark Green Color Disc up Close for Color

VA w/Dark Green Color Disc (With low exposure for more accurate color diffusion along blade)

VA w/Orange Color Disc in Light

VA w/Orange Color Disc in Dark

VA w/Orange Color Disc in Close for color, but darker because I used negative exposure levels. It's a fairly vibrant color.

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 01:46:25 AM »

VA with Yellow Color Disc in Light

VA with Yellow Color Disc in Dark (IMO, off-camera, it looks more like Mace Windu's Purple than standard VA off-camera)

VA with Yellow Color Disc Close

VA with Red Color Disc in Light(Looks like Bane's Heart)

VA with Red Color Disc in Dark

VA with Red Color Disc Close for color

+++++++++++++++++++++++
========================
Finally... using 2 discs, Light Green and Dark Green (More of a Medium blue than Guardian)
It's significantly dimmer, but still bright enough to look nice on camera and isn't bad irl
VA w/ Light AND Dark Green in Light

VA w/ Light AND Dark Green in Dark

VA w/ Light AND Dark Green Up Close

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 05:34:48 AM »

That is excellent.  Thanks so much for sharing your method and all the excellent pictures to prove its efficacy!  I'd love to send a point your way, please let us know if your character tends to lean one way or the other...

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 06:21:26 AM »

I prefer either haha
My character is similar to Darth Traya, using 3 sabers simultaneously (Something i came up with before I knew about Traya) which are blue, red, and purple

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 03:41:38 PM »

Good job pal. The colors came out looking great! Did you use a phone or a real camera to take those?

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 03:52:51 PM »

Hello and welcome, they look great!

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 05:55:15 PM »

Really cool, I have wondered about this sort of thing myself, nice to see it can work

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 09:54:42 PM »

Glad to answer the question for you then!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 03:55:25 PM »

Glad to answer the question for you then!

Great job VoradJorbir, an excellent idea to make the most of a sabre when you can only get one colour, I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from this.  As the Mando'a say Oya!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 11:34:51 PM »

Vor'e! (Thanks!) Or something.. a lot of it makes little sense to me lol
And that's what I'm hoping for since I too was conflicted

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 09:27:36 PM »

You weren't kidding about that yellow color disc, it does make the blade look exactly like Windu's. Lots of good pics, had no idea that VA was so versatile with colors.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 11:13:26 PM »

Yeah, it was surprising ._. I actually have to wonder if my next one should be another VA so I can constantly switch. I'm gonna check to see how far back I can get before the lightsaber stops having a white core on-camera tonight I think

Anything else you're looking for?

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 04:22:43 AM »

Very interesting thread Vorad, I enjoyed seeing the differences as I didn't think you could manipulate VA that much.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: