Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any books about the Sith that are canon?  (Read 10050 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 03:48:07 PM »

Not as Malgus centered as I'd hoped, but still a decent read.

I also highly, HIGHLY endorse the Darth Bane trilogy to both Sith and Jedi alike. Great insight into the Dark Side.

who wrote the Bane trilogy?

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 04:27:00 PM »

Drew Karpyshyn

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 10:21:53 AM »

"Lost Tribe of the Sith" is one that I'd been meaning to read for some time now.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 08:31:06 PM »

"Lost Tribe of the Sith" is one that I'd been meaning to read for some time now.
Also good. Not very Force oriented. More focused on evolution of a Sith society. Starts slow and steadily gets better.

Drew Karpyshyn
Who also wrote Revan. Also a great Sith story.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 09:57:03 PM »

Also good. Not very Force oriented. More focused on evolution of a Sith society. Starts slow and steadily gets better.
Who also wrote Revan. Also a great Sith story.

Agreed

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2019, 07:06:28 AM »

Yeah the first Bane book did start slow but got interesting towards the end.  I should really start on the second one.  I heard Revan wasn't that good but now since it is being recommended here, maybe I should look into it.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 02:31:07 PM »

Yeah the first Bane book did start slow but got interesting towards the end.  I should really start on the second one.  I heard Revan wasn't that good but now since it is being recommended here, maybe I should look into it.
I was referring to Lost Tribe.

How can you call the Sabacc game slow, or his confrontation in the mine? I thought it kinda got a little dull once he got to the academy, but even that got quickly resolved.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Windu
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -4

The Dark Side will unlock your full potential...

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 02:56:43 AM »

I just started reading it but Lords of the Sith is canon and seems pretty decent.

My Arsenal:
Apprentice V4 Adegan Silver Lite Sound
Dark Initiate V4 Premium Sound
??Unknown Mystery Box Saber??

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2019, 09:53:34 PM »

I just started reading it but Lords of the Sith is canon and seems pretty decent.

It is.  It's one of the few bright spots in the new Canon.  But it focuses on the Relationship between Vader and Papa Palpatine.  Doesn't go too much into the Sith Lore.  The Vader Comics on the other hand did go into some of the Lore.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2019, 12:17:37 PM »

It is.  It's one of the few bright spots in the new Canon.  But it focuses on the Relationship between Vader and Papa Palpatine.  Doesn't go too much into the Sith Lore.  The Vader Comics on the other hand did go into some of the Lore.
Comment...comment...they got rid of all the Sith Lore. Angry Angry Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 07:24:12 PM »

one of the main reasons I don't like Disney anymore.

*to self* did I ever like it to begin with?Huh?

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2019, 06:02:42 PM »

Not really, they just haven't confirmed it as canon.  As of right now the Official Canon (whether we like it or not) consists of many "Vague" instances that still match up with the old EU.  

The Jedi and the Sith were at War with each other (Maz's castle sits on a Battlefield of that war)
Bane began the Rule of Two
While George Lucas himself changed Korriban to Morriband, it is exactly the same.  Home to ancient Sith Tombs and Temples.
The Sith Code we all know and love is still canon
The Sith at one point sacked Couruscant and destroyed the Jedi Temple aided  by Pre Vizla's ancestor (Shae Viszla from SWTOR MMORPG)
The Sith had a weapon on Malchor V....which ties into Revan's existence.

one of the main reasons I don't like Disney anymore.

*to self* did I ever like it to begin with?Huh?

Disney writes the Checks.  Kathleen Kennedy makes the decisions about Lucasfilm along with the story group.  Both Kenendy and main members of the story Group (mainly Leeland Chee and Pablo Hidalgo) have worked at Lucasfilm for decades.  Chee and Hidalgo have been involved in the keeping the canon "straight" for years.  Chee is the one that came up with the Canon Levels, basically saying as long as it didn't contradict the films it could be considered canon.  But when give free reign after Lucas left they stripped it bare and imposed their own will.  "Disney" isn't non-complacent though but Scuttlebutt is Bob Iger is not pleased at how the IP has been handled.  

But there is a little hope.  When the creator of that Awesome Vader Fan Film was hit with a copyright claim (by another part of Disney) Lucasfilm ordered it to cease within just a day. As well the Creator just announced Lucasfilm themselves have invited him to Celebration and given him a media pass.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2019, 03:49:15 AM »

Highly recommend Darth Plagueis by Luceno, just finished my second read-through of it yesterday so that I could get the story straight for my fan fiction and I must say it is a fantastic read. Luceno did a great job of painting the Sith Grand Plan and its eventual culmination with Palpatine coming to power. You think you know the story, and you probably do, but the behind the scenes stuff just makes my jaw drop.

I'll cast another vote in favor of the Bane trilogy. Not only does it really focus on the Dark Side and gives you the different takes on it through Bane's eyes and also Kaan's Brotherhood, but it also contains some epic lightsaber battles and dueling. It's good stuff and despite also kind of knowing that obviously the Sith would survive I remember having my doubts when reading it. Karpyshyn does a fantastic job of taking us back. One word... Orbalisks.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2019, 03:57:27 PM »

Highly recommend Darth Plagueis by Luceno, just finished my second read-through of it yesterday so that I could get the story straight for my fan fiction and I must say it is a fantastic read. Luceno did a great job of painting the Sith Grand Plan and its eventual culmination with Palpatine coming to power. You think you know the story, and you probably do, but the behind the scenes stuff just makes my jaw drop.

I'll cast another vote in favor of the Bane trilogy. Not only does it really focus on the Dark Side and gives you the different takes on it through Bane's eyes and also Kaan's Brotherhood, but it also contains some epic lightsaber battles and dueling. It's good stuff and despite also kind of knowing that obviously the Sith would survive I remember having my doubts when reading it. Karpyshyn does a fantastic job of taking us back. One word... Orbalisks.

Are those still canon stories though?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2019, 05:01:33 PM »

Are those still canon stories though?

Sadly..no

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: