Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: *SPOILERS* Question about the Solo movie!  (Read 6425 times)
broba_fett
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« on: January 29, 2019, 02:52:18 PM »

So this post may have some spoilers if you haven’t seen the movie so you have been warned! My question is at the very end of Solo when you find out that Darth Maul is still in the picture does that indicate that we might see him again in a future movie? I mean why tease him like that to never use him again. It seemed like a cliff hanger. Do you guys think that will be seen in another Star Wars story movie or do you think Darth Maul will make an appearance in episode 9?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »

If you notice, he's rocking the cyborg legs that he had in Rebels so it's Disney tying his Disney story into the cinematic universe.  I doubt he'll be in ep. 9 but I doubt it since his story ends with Kenobi.  I think that he'll be include or a main antagonist for a future spin off movie like the suspended Obi Wan movie.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 03:01:58 PM »

I think he will get his own anthology movie (I like the title Crimson Dawn(his codename in Solo) and they'll end up doing a mini-series thing about the galactic underworld. but it will have to end before ANH seeing as (*SPOILERS*) he died in rebels

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 08:01:26 AM »

Watch Rebels to see the Culmination of Maul's story.  Since it happened before ANH he will not be in Ep.9 though.  He does have a story to tell though..he is the head of a criminal Orgnazation here and in Rebels years later he is trapped on Malachor V.   Considering his reluctance to be there when Vader arrives I believe Vader dismantled his organization.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 03:17:29 PM »

Watch Rebels to see the Culmination of Maul's story.  Since it happened before ANH he will not be in Ep.9 though.  He does have a story to tell though..he is the head of a criminal Orgnazation here and in Rebels years later he is trapped on Malachor V.   Considering his reluctance to be there when Vader arrives I believe Vader dismantled his organization.

they should make a film about Maul's organization and the final battle would be Maul vs. Vader. That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!

-Broadside

broba_fett
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 08:33:26 AM »

Ive never seen Rebels. I didn't know Darth Maul made an appearance in that. Only star wars cartoon I really watched/liked was the 2D clone wars one. But I was hoping to see a live action movie to see what happened to darth maul.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 10:01:53 PM »

they should make a film about Maul's organization and the final battle would be Maul vs. Vader. That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!

Aye..the way he spoke about Vader in Rebels made me think he had his ass kicked by Vader before.

Ive never seen Rebels. I didn't know Darth Maul made an appearance in that. Only star wars cartoon I really watched/liked was the 2D clone wars one. But I was hoping to see a live action movie to see what happened to darth maul.

Then Your missing out my friend.  Get thee over to Netflix and watch the 3D Clone Wars.  Not only is it worth watching..but it is where Maul Returns.  The onto Rebels where it culminates.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 03:13:01 PM »

I probably shouldn’t have read this thread, but that’s okay...it sounds like I have some interesting things to watch  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 11:41:49 PM »

There was originally a trilogy planned for Solo. It's quite possible both Qi'ra and Maul were going to appear in those movies. It's also possible there was going to be a spinoff with those two. But, none of that is likely to happen, or at least not anytime soon, due to Solo tanking at the box office. (I did my part, I went and saw it)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 11:57:54 PM »

If they wanted to make a Darth Maul film they should have just made one.  honestly I still haven't Solo except for that part...basically because Han is not a character I want to see more of.  That was my issue with the Stand Alone films..they were focusing on things that, myself and I know a lot of people weren't itching to see.  Rogue One..unnessecary.  But it had that little Snippet of Vader being the Death Incarnate we always wanted to see...why not just have made that a Movie. 

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 05:19:15 PM »

I didn’t mind Rogue One. And I thought Solo should’ve done better at the box office, considering. As far as the overall feel for a standalone movie, RO was definitely the better of the two. Yes, the Vader scene at the end was my favorite scene in the movie, but they had enough Star Wars feel to it that I felt the people who were putting it together was probably better suited to do a Star Wars movie than some of the directors we’ve had on the actual trilogy.

And I agree, with the popularity of the recent Darth Vader fan film, and the comic book series, Disney would be quite foolish not to make a Darth Vader movie. You now have control over one of the most popular villains and characters, ever, so let’s just ignore him as being able to rake in the box office sales.

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 12:41:41 AM »

R1 was amazing, not really necessary, but it was amazing. Nothing other than the original trilogy was necessary, but I enjoy it all. Solo bombed for a lot of reasons, but I think part of it was that it came out in the middle of summer rather than winter which is when most people watch movies.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 12:46:35 AM »

R1 was amazing, not really necessary, but it was amazing. Nothing other than the original trilogy was necessary, but I enjoy it all. Solo bombed for a lot of reasons, but I think part of it was that it came out in the middle of summer rather than winter which is when most people watch movies.

actually it came out in May (just about 2 weeks after Infinity War if I remember correctly) That's why I think it bombed. (I may be mistaken though)

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 12:48:12 AM »

The prequels told the story of Palpatine's rise to power, Anakin's fall and the destruction of the Jedi...Necessary IMO.  But Han's backstory I never considered vital.  The whole point was Han was a scoundrel and never did anything worth noting until he fell in with the Rebellion.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 06:15:38 PM »

I believe Solo was released too close to Infinity War.

To be fair, Han Solo was fairly popular during the time of the originals. That may have been due to Harrison Ford’s popularity in the raiders movies as well. Solo as a solo movie may have come a little late in the day, however, to have a real impact. And the people who were fans of the original actor seemed to have difficulty because whenever they try to replace the original cast members, it doesn’t work as well because they’re so stamped in people’s minds. And no one really looks like those people.

I too enjoy all the movies from the standpoint of there being more windows into the SW universe. I would rather see these little flights into obscure avenues of that world than to not have them at all. And I always keep in mind that since the prequels, no one has liked the SW films in the same way they like the originals. There were just as many complaints about the prequels, then briefly forgave Lucas when Revenge of the Sith came out, then just called them the “bad” Star Wars. And not without some reason. There were problems. Much of the story was short changed because it was such a large story to tell. They could’ve easily made that story play out in 4-6 films.

I guess the bottom line is all creators change, even George Lucas. It’s impossible to go back and do what they did with the originals. And I may be blastphemeing here, but I’ve often wondered if the original movies released today would go over well or if the audience would just be too sophisticated if we took away the beautification time has given them.

Saber Arsenal:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: