Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Dueling Club in NC  (Read 1434 times)
avia83
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: February 17, 2019, 07:15:23 PM »

I am starting a new saber dueling club, Coastal Jedi Academy, in Morehead City, NC. My wife and I own Carolina Elite Gymnastics and will use the gym as host facility. Anyone interested please contact us via email at carolinaelitegym@hotmail.com or thru the email portal on our website, www.carolinaelitegym.com
You can view the gym on the website as well.
I have extensive fencing, MMA and gymnastics background and we have a good staff instructor as well.
One-time, one page waiver on first visit, thinking mayb a $5 cover charge to chip in toward use of the space. Tentatively thinking Monday/Wednesday 8pm till whenever for practices.

Adam

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 12:18:46 AM »

Ready and waiting to participate in combat or training.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Cang Snow
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 42

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 03:16:02 AM »

Hi DarthProdigal. Just FYI Coastal Jedi are part of Lightspeed Saber League so you can learn a little about our system at our website! www.LightspeedSaber.com

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 04:39:59 AM »

Hi DarthProdigal. Just FYI Coastal Jedi are part of Lightspeed Saber League so you can learn a little about our system at our website! www.LightspeedSaber.com

Sounds fantastic in theory, but I must reiterate that I kind of need something local. Sadly there doesn't appear to be as much activity here. The heads up is appreciated, so long as it's not going to establish false hope. All the sifting through various posts lead me to the conclusion (NC practicioners being few and far between) I may need to solve my own problem by organizing and arming my own group as a base. If such a thing led to a sub chapter of a larger organization, so be it, and that may increase possibilities. But until I locate something local(ish), my desire to affiliate with larger groups I can't practically interact with in person, won't produce the results I seek. Unless you know of some "Costal Combat Club" hidden in this particular Carolina? Again, reaching out is appreciated; also I didn't intend to mock or belittle your (or any) organization. Just like alliteration, and am used to being a solo practitioner more often than not. Though there is an international airport within close enough range that anyone daring enough can feel free to journey here to train or challenge me... THAT would be impressive resolve. May the Force Serve You Well, Cang Snow.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Cang Snow
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 42

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 11:18:59 PM »

Sounds fantastic in theory, but I must reiterate that I kind of need something local. Sadly there doesn't appear to be as much activity here. The heads up is appreciated, so long as it's not going to establish false hope. All the sifting through various posts lead me to the conclusion (NC practicioners being few and far between) I may need to solve my own problem by organizing and arming my own group as a base. If such a thing led to a sub chapter of a larger organization, so be it, and that may increase possibilities. But until I locate something local(ish), my desire to affiliate with larger groups I can't practically interact with in person, won't produce the results I seek. Unless you know of some "Costal Combat Club" hidden in this particular Carolina? Again, reaching out is appreciated; also I didn't intend to mock or belittle your (or any) organization. Just like alliteration, and am used to being a solo practitioner more often than not. Though there is an international airport within close enough range that anyone daring enough can feel free to journey here to train or challenge me... THAT would be impressive resolve. May the Force Serve You Well, Cang Snow.

Well, I know the captain at Coastal Jedi Academy and I have been there. And since you responded to avia I assumed you were in the area. So I encourage you to reach out and if you don't hear back let me know, I should be able to get a signal through for you.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 12:11:56 AM »

Again, appreciated. Trying to send out feelers to closest group I guess just trying to network and find out if that'd put me into contact with members affiliated and closer to me. Just a shot in the dark. I'm at least 2 hours travel time from them. Probably more in reality, so it's not going to be an easy trek to get there. It'd have to be much more limited trips over that kind of distance. Trying to build/expand a group to train with is an undertaking, but should be rewarding ultimately. Not seeing many options short of DIY organizing at this point.

Foxdiva9
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 08:03:15 AM »

Hey everyone! Newbi saber user here, but I have some sword training. I’m in Wilmington NC. So close but I work 2-11 during the week. Any chance for weekend time one weekend out of the month? Or anyone want to look weird in a public park?
Me and my Obiwan are getting hitched and want to learn and practice our dueling for the traditional duel of the fates first dance. We need a bit of help. He’s also working on a few cosplay for when conventions open up again.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 09:32:02 AM »

I will join you/ both of you in training working around that schedule. Used to have to train in parks in college, so that's nothing new either. Get back to me here or PM me with details, whatever kind of timetable you have; my weekends are usually open.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: