Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Premium vs Emerald driver  (Read 2344 times)
2kdime
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 31, 2019, 02:20:36 PM »

Torn between a few things and understanding entirely what all the sabers will be capable of.

Obsidian Premium and Tri

Vs

Emerald and 4 channel Emerald RGBW

Help a newbie choose and understand the differences please!

Dano5157
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 02:35:09 PM »

Following.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 08:27:47 AM »

Obsidian Premium and Tri: multiple programmable sound fonts (7 default) including mute on the fly, no color changing no FOC or pulse but slightly brighter blade

Emerald and 4 channel Emerald RGBW: color changing with programmable FOC and pulse, no sound, Emerald is not a soundboard, it is an LED driver only.  You would need to add Obsidian V3/V4 to get sound on an Emerald

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

2kdime
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 05:47:36 PM »

Ahh I see now. So then I could do...

Emerald with Obsidian V4

Or I could do the Obsidian Premium but with the Tri Cree, there’s no flash on clash option. Will that board enable me to do any kind of led pulsing effect at all with sound? Or would it be an always on or always off kind of deal?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 07:02:48 PM »

No pulse with V4 sound without the Emerald or a Diamond. So a Tri with V4 no pulse or FOC. Even if you got the V4 with a 2 color LED (FOC) you still will not be able to do pulse.

You should do so research besides just asking questions. There are a ton of YouTube videos, a ton of information here, and videos on the US website.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

2kdime
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 12:00:32 PM »

Yeah I am reading and watching videos now that i have a little time. Could have answered a lot of my own questions ahead of time!

Sorry for the next stupid newbies questions!!

Excited to learn more and have our own sabers.

Thanks guys.

Feel free to chime in with any other tips/info.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 11:02:23 PM »

I now own a tri-cree saber and a few with FOC. The rest are single color and no FOC. The tri-cree is super bright. For my saber setup, it's great. Having said that, I believe I prefer having a really dramatic FOC on my sabers. To me, it adds a sense of realism to the saber. I feel like it came straight out of a movie. I'm  sure others in the forum, who  have a  large collection and have been in the forum longer, would be happy to offer an opinion.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

2kdime
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 06:07:26 PM »

Thanks for the post and info. I’m feeling the same way and will trade off a little brightness for realism.

Doing as much reading as I can, and will likely go with an Emerald

Just not sure if I want RGBW or RGBA. I know I’d like the Adegan Silver option, but like the vividness of the RGBA colors. Just want to make the right decision for such a purchase.

I don’t believe the RGBA will do the Adegan Silver will it?  Is the following possible?

Choose Your Configuration
Emerald Driver with Sound [edit]
−Choose the color of your blade!
Adegan Silver for Emerald [edit]
−Emerald Driver Configuration
4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBA LED [Add $5.00] [edit]
−Flash on Clash
Flash Violet Amethyst for Emerald [edit]
−Pulse Mode
Pulse to Violet Amethyst [edit]

I now own a tri-cree saber and a few with FOC. The rest are single color and no FOC. The tri-cree is super bright. For my saber setup, it's great. Having said that, I believe I prefer having a really dramatic FOC on my sabers. To me, it adds a sense of realism to the saber. I feel like it came straight out of a movie. I'm  sure others in the forum, who  have a  large collection and have been in the forum longer, would be happy to offer an opinion.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 05:13:50 AM »

Thanks for the post and info. I’m feeling the same way and will trade off a little brightness for realism.

Doing as much reading as I can, and will likely go with an Emerald

Just not sure if I want RGBW or RGBA. I know I’d like the Adegan Silver option, but like the vividness of the RGBA colors. Just want to make the right decision for such a purchase.

I don’t believe the RGBA will do the Adegan Silver will it?  Is the following possible?

Choose Your Configuration
Emerald Driver with Sound [edit]
−Choose the color of your blade!
Adegan Silver for Emerald [edit]
−Emerald Driver Configuration
4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBA LED [Add $5.00] [edit]
−Flash on Clash
Flash Violet Amethyst for Emerald [edit]
−Pulse Mode
Pulse to Violet Amethyst [edit]

If you want a true AS order it with the white LED and not the amber one. So instead of RGBA you need RGBW.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 02:44:48 PM »

Don't discount the Diamond controller, either.  Its much like taking the Emerald card and Obsidian IV and putting them together with additional, expanded capabilities.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: