Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatcha Eating or Cooking  (Read 35483 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 06:08:06 PM »

Can you explain what you mean by "prepare food"? To me, that means getting all the ingredients out of the fridge ready to cook something.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2019, 06:12:04 PM »

Can you explain what you mean by "prepare food"? To me, that means getting all the ingredients out of the fridge ready to cook something.

I was using it in something like making a sandwich. You don't actually cook something (usually) when you make a sandwich. Things like that. To me for something to be considered cooking (or baking) has to have some sort of chemical reaction. Whether that is melting cheese or bread raising.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 06:14:10 PM »

I was using it in something like making a sandwich. You don't actually cook something (usually) when you make a sandwich. Things like that. To me for something to be considered cooking (or baking) has to have some sort of chemical reaction. Whether that is melting cheese or bread raising.
Cool. Are you saying you predominantly make sandwiches? You never do stuff with rice/pasta/cous cous/potatoes?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 06:32:01 PM »

Cool. Are you saying you predominantly make sandwiches? You never do stuff with rice/pasta/cous cous/potatoes?

Yeah, I predominately eat sandwiches because they are easy, fast, and fit in my backpack without making a mess. If I am at home and not the Uni, then I don't usually eat sandwiches. We do eat a quite a bit of rice/pasta/cous cous (or quinoa as we call it)/potatoes, though it is usually with dinner/supper/evening meal. Lately we have been eating a lot of salad too.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 06:36:49 PM »

traditional English fry-up: eggs, bacon (proper bacon, not the streakly kind), baked beans, black pudding, toast, mushrooms.

Here's a question - how many of you cook and how often do you do it?
I cook but can't really say I enjoy it. My kids would much rather me cook and eat at home but I much rather go to a restaurant LOL.

I also bake. Make an the kids their birthday cakes or cupcakes, even sometimes 100% from scratch. Have even made apple pie, keylime pie, and pecan pie from scratch.

I do enjoy making dips, like roasted salsa, salsa verde (green), creamy jalapeño. I guess these are all Mexican style or Tex-Mex type things.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 06:42:28 PM »

Yeah, I predominately eat sandwiches because they are easy, fast, and fit in my backpack without making a mess. If I am at home and not the Uni, then I don't usually eat sandwiches. We do eat a quite a bit of rice/pasta/cous cous (or quinoa as we call it)/potatoes, though it is usually with dinner/supper/evening meal. Lately we have been eating a lot of salad too.
I thought cous cous and quinoa were two different things?

My parents got me in the habit of making my lunch the night before. They also made us pack our bags and put out our clothes the night before too. I still do it to this day which helps in the morning not having to wake up early to do any of that stuff. I'll use tupperware to take pasta/rice/salad into work with me in my rucksack.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2019, 06:45:44 PM »

, salsa verde (green),

I can only assume that you know that verde means green?

I also bake. Make an the kids their birthday cakes or cupcakes, even sometimes 100% from scratch. Have even made apple pie, keylime pie, and pecan pie from scratch.

The majority of what my family bakes is from scratch. Fun stuff. Plus it tastes better than store-bought 99.9% of the time.

I thought cous cous and quinoa were two different things?

You are making me second guess myself now. I'll have to figure out if they are different or not.

My parents got me in the habit of making my lunch the night before. They also made us pack our bags and put out our clothes the night before too. I still do it to this day which helps in the morning not having to wake up early to do any of that stuff. I'll use tupperware to take pasta/rice/salad into work with me in my rucksack.

Yeah, I do the same thing (unless I forget). I don't like cold food for the most part, so unless I have a microwave that I can use I won't even consider bringing something that needs heated up. And I refuse to use the microwaves at the Uni, so yeah.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2019, 06:51:14 PM »

I can only assume that you know that verde means green?

Of course but not everybody does, plus there are many different ways and types that fail under it. I make like 3 LOL.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2019, 06:52:30 PM »

Of course but not everybody does, plus there are many different ways and types that fail under it. I make like 3 LOL.

My mom makes something that we call Salsa Verde, but I'm not actually sure that that name fits it super well. It's pretty good though.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »

To me, cooking requires effort beyond sticking something in a microwave for 1-5 minutes. I suppose "reheating" would have been a better word.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2019, 07:01:13 PM »

I generally cook meals for the week and freeze them.  My wife and I are on pretty hectic schedules so It makes it easier during the week.  Made Rotel dip as well as the Pulled Chicken for the pot luck...seems to be a hit.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 07:04:16 PM »

A few bites of a burger. On the run so to speak

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2019, 07:38:54 PM »

A few bites of a burger. On the run so to speak
Big Kahuna burger?

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2019, 08:46:58 PM »

Got out of work early and met my wife and daughter out for lunch.  Bento box featuring seaweed salad, shrimp tempura, spicy tuna roll and sushimi! yummmmmmm

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2019, 02:12:20 PM »

I was going to try the veggie burger at Burger King, but I'm sick now. UGH.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: