Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Three new Star wars movies plus other Disney announcements  (Read 2724 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« on: May 07, 2019, 08:38:05 PM »

So three new Star Wars movies being released starting on Dec 2022 and every other Dec after that one. So 2022, 2024, and 2026. No details on what they are. Other news on Disney films included.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.gizmodo.com/3-new-star-wars-film-will-star-arriving-in-2022-1834584244/amp

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 03:11:08 PM »

Great to hear, but they should rethink their “Star Wars Fatigue” position and release films on a more aggressive schedule than that. Marvel Studios should have effectively proven to Lucasfilm that if the content is good, franchise fatigue doesn’t exist; not to mention the fact that we live in the age of binge watching.

I understand that Solo fell short of expectations in terms of box office take, but if they truly wanted to, Star Wars could meet and surpass the mass success currently being enjoyed by the MCU.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 11:39:08 PM »

I just hope they start using more than the timeline between the movies and stories we already know. I want Old Republic era movies! Is it just me or does it seem like a waste not to delve into all that history and get away from the Skywalkers?  We keep getting side movies that just fill in gaps between stories we already know. Solo and Rouge One were not bad, but we basically already knew what would happen. How about a Bane or Revan movie? Or even better, characters we know nothing about at all. 

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 04:33:02 PM »

Well they have said this years is the last in the Skywalker line. So they should be doing something new.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 01:10:05 AM »

I really want an Obi Wan movie with Ewan McGregor.  I know he's said he is interested in reprising the role in a solo movie.  I'd like to see some of what happens after Ep.III and Ep. IV.  Surely, he didn't just sit around a meditate.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 04:55:46 AM »

I really want an Obi Wan movie with Ewan McGregor.  I know he's said he is interested in reprising the role in a solo movie.  I'd like to see some of what happens after Ep.III and Ep. IV.  Surely, he didn't just sit around a meditate.

Agreed. I don't think he ever left Tatooine, but I am pretty sure that he didn't just sit and do nothing. How else would he get the title of "crazy old hermit" if he hadn't done something a little bit crazy.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 09:04:04 AM »

Agreed. I don't think he ever left Tatooine, but I am pretty sure that he didn't just sit and do nothing. How else would he get the title of "crazy old hermit" if he hadn't done something a little bit crazy.

This. All over this. I would like a movie but I would settle on a Disney+ mini series!
We have three years to fill with Star Wars content!!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 03:05:36 PM »

Great to hear, but they should rethink their “Star Wars Fatigue” position and release films on a more aggressive schedule than that. Marvel Studios should have effectively proven to Lucasfilm that if the content is good, franchise fatigue doesn’t exist; not to mention the fact that we live in the age of binge watching.

I understand that Solo fell short of expectations in terms of box office take, but if they truly wanted to, Star Wars could meet and surpass the mass success currently being enjoyed by the MCU.
You realize how long a shot this is?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 08:49:01 AM »

You realize how long a shot this is?

In existing reality, it’s worse than a long shot; it’s impossible.

However, Star Wars was a much bigger name than Marvel and I think thusly, has larger maximum potential in the right hands with the right plan.

IF they wanted to, they could return Star Wars to the glory of being the biggest, most profitable franchise on the planet.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 04:30:51 PM »

Much of this has been covered in the comics, books and even his showdown with Maul in Rebels.  They tend to not want to replicate things from other Media.

I just hope they start using more than the timeline between the movies and stories we already know. I want Old Republic era movies! Is it just me or does it seem like a waste not to delve into all that history and get away from the Skywalkers?  We keep getting side movies that just fill in gaps between stories we already know. Solo and Rouge One were not bad, but we basically already knew what would happen. How about a Bane or Revan movie? Or even better, characters we know nothing about at all. 

You have to remember, Revan and like 95% of what we "know" of the Old Republic is no longer canon.  If they do an Old Republic movie I can guarantee it will not be what we are all hoping for.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 04:40:14 PM »

You have to remember, Revan and like 95% of what we "know" of the Old Republic is no longer canon.  If they do an Old Republic movie I can guarantee it will not be what we are all hoping for.

don't crush our hopes and dreams Tepes!

though it may be true   Cry

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 09:31:55 AM »

Yeah, that's prolly true. Sad. Sad

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 07:22:18 PM »

In existing reality, it’s worse than a long shot; it’s impossible.

However, Star Wars was a much bigger name than Marvel and I think thusly, has larger maximum potential in the right hands with the right plan.

IF they wanted to, they could return Star Wars to the glory of being the biggest, most profitable franchise on the planet.
That would be a relatively simple fix if they'd get off their politically correct and agenda friendly "story".

I've had the idea of approaching them with the notion of continuing to release new Legends titles. The basic stipulation is that they would have no bearing and no affiliation with their current canon.

This is highly accurate. They will deliver their little fluff piece, and the die hard Revan fans will riot when the character is not done justice.

don't crush our hopes and dreams Tepes!

though it may be true   Cry
Those hopes were crushed as soon as TFA was scripted.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 12:33:53 PM »

That would be a relatively simple fix if they'd get off their politically correct and agenda friendly "story".

That’s very true, but they don’t even need to completely abandon their political agenda; it just can’t be the first consideration and the core of what they build everything around.

Story, character development and respect for the lore must be first and foremost, then they can sprinkle whatever woke politics they want on top in reasonable doses; because let’s be honest... they’re not going to stop it altogether.

Marvel has it too; the difference is that it doesn’t feel nearly as preachy and doesn’t drive the narrative. They make their political statements, and the audience can choose to embrace or reject them without their overall feeling for the film being tied to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 08:19:55 PM »

That’s very true, but they don’t even need to completely abandon their political agenda; it just can’t be the first consideration and the core of what they build everything around.

Story, character development and respect for the lore must be first and foremost, then they can sprinkle whatever woke politics they want on top in reasonable doses; because let’s be honest... they’re not going to stop it altogether.

Marvel has it too; the difference is that it doesn’t feel nearly as preachy and doesn’t drive the narrative. They make their political statements, and the audience can choose to embrace or reject them without their overall feeling for the film being tied to it.
Well they have already made it perfectly clear that they have no respect for the lore.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: