Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Unfollow post...?  (Read 3447 times)
BionicDance
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« on: May 24, 2019, 05:10:33 AM »

Is there a way to unfollow a post in which you've posted a reply?
You know...so it doesn't appear in the "Show new replies to your posts" section anymore?

I'm thinking specifically of the post-here-to-post-anywhere-else thread.

I've looked, but if that option exists, it's quite well-hidden.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 05:51:36 AM »

Sadly we don't have that feature. I know what you mean though, we don't need to see every response to that thread. XD

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

BionicDance
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 05:54:39 AM »

I believe the word I'm looking for now is 'fooey'. Sad

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 05:02:11 AM »

Is there a way to unfollow a post in which you've posted a reply?
You know...so it doesn't appear in the "Show new replies to your posts" section anymore?

I'm thinking specifically of the post-here-to-post-anywhere-else thread.

I've looked, but if that option exists, it's quite well-hidden.

...SO wait, if I'm following this right, there is no way to stop that specific notification from recurring? I can't unsubscribe from the 1st and only required one... that's definitely the only one I want to remove. That's the one I came to ask about, is it possible?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 02:31:23 PM »

...SO wait, if I'm following this right, there is no way to stop that specific notification from recurring? I can't unsubscribe from the 1st and only required one... that's definitely the only one I want to remove. That's the one I came to ask about, is it possible?

Just click the notify link again.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 02:45:00 PM »

Awesome, doing it immediately; if successful I appreciate getting the answer I searched low and high for finally. Sure I'll know before long, since obviously people post on that initial thread constantly.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 09:46:47 PM »

Nope, didn't work. Don't know why, maybe I didn't do it right.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 10:11:24 PM »

When you click notify the first time it should say:

Are you sure you wish to enable notification of new replies for this topic?

And then when you click it again it should say:

Are you sure you wish to disable notification of new replies for this topic?

That's what I think you're talking about when you say following a post? Are you talking about something else?

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 10:33:25 PM »

Confirmed - it works.  i did this after following the original instructions to select the 'Notify' link and saw the message "...wish to enable...'  no, i want to disable - select again.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 02:02:26 AM »

Alright, I followed the instructions and got the "are you sure you want to disable notifications" message this time. Fairly sure that is the outcome I wanted. Now it's just a waiting game until someone new signs up. You two helped me out, awesome.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 09:57:09 AM »

Now I'm seriously confused, I followed the steps properly (again) and even clicked the OK on "are you sure you want to disable notifications for this topic" but every time someone new posts in the rules section it still pops up on my "show new replies to your posts" personal tab. I'm at a loss, I have no clue why I can't stop this from occurring despite the assistance you've given me here. I mean really it's just mildly annoying, but I would rather it's eliminated.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: