Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to workout when you are depressed  (Read 2485 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: June 17, 2019, 05:59:56 AM »

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a26990146/exercise-and-depression-tips/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=socialflowFBMH&fbclid=IwAR3GCQsIcKu7ERNQ93s1KK0rH25DSkHaAJiiDbYq2HMfxNhCWzvx-ZBNlV4

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 11:15:33 PM »

Nice share Knox, some good tips there and the timing was perfect.  Instead of moping around this evening while my daughter was figure skating, I put on the roller blades and did a nice 7 miles on the bike trail.  Felt great.  Of the tips in the article, I find writing down goals and tracking progress is most important for me.  Of course sharing successes is nice too, so I felt it appropriate to respond.  Thanks again.   

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:48:42 AM »

Nice share Knox, some good tips there and the timing was perfect.  Instead of moping around this evening while my daughter was figure skating, I put on the roller blades and did a nice 7 miles on the bike trail.  Felt great.  Of the tips in the article, I find writing down goals and tracking progress is most important for me.  Of course sharing successes is nice too, so I felt it appropriate to respond.  Thanks again.   
This is why I have weights at home. Those days when I just can't be bothered to go to the gym (depressed or not) i can still do something sort of exercise.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 11:49:48 AM »

Dealing with PTSD and depression, I find out that just going to do it and not thinking about it helps.  The days that I really don't want to go, I don't think about it and just go which are the days that I really need to go since during and after my workout, I feel much better. The human mind is an interesting thing, you can think an ailment into existence which is why the phrase "Just Do It" by Nike has been used for decades, don't think about it, just do it.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 09:02:05 PM »

Anyone else feel waves of heat coming from within once they really click with the training programme and are at home relaxing? I know that it means my metabolism is doing it's thing and burning bodyfat nicely, but just wondered if I was alone in having this feeling?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 09:21:39 PM »

Anyone else feel waves of heat coming from within once they really click with the training programme and are at home relaxing? I know that it means my metabolism is doing it's thing and burning bodyfat nicely, but just wondered if I was alone in having this feeling?

I'm hot by nature so I sweat rather easily and anything over 77 is uncomfortable with me.  With that said, my heat waves come it at the beginning of my training during warm up.  It will taper down as I stop and even more so once I take a shower.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 09:58:36 PM »

Must be my Caribbean blood. I don't get that hot while I'm working out, unless it's cardio. But I like/prefer being hot. I've been told by my missus that my body does give off a lot of heat, which she likes during the winter as it keeps her warm!

skywalker2005
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 12:44:34 PM »

Thanks for sharing! definitely will try that out

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: