Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Cannon blade colours  (Read 1515 times)
Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Light or Dark Side points

« on: June 17, 2019, 06:48:09 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm not great at knowing what is cannon and what isn't and was wondering if anyone knew or could point me in the direction of what colour bladed saber jedi and sith alike would use and why or is it just whatever colour they want? I know sith are always pictured with red light sabers but I have seen a picture or Darth Raven with a red and purple one, I don't know if that is cannon or not. Can anyone explain this to me please?

Thanks

Wishlist: Bellicose Diamond V4

There is no Dark Side nor a Light Side, there is only the Force.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 01:44:24 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm not great at knowing what is cannon and what isn't and was wondering if anyone knew or could point me in the direction of what colour bladed saber jedi and sith alike would use and why or is it just whatever colour they want? I know sith are always pictured with red light sabers but I have seen a picture or Darth Raven with a red and purple one, I don't know if that is cannon or not. Can anyone explain this to me please?

Thanks

Sith are canonically red. There are some exceptions (Revan being one of them) but most of those technically aren’t “canon” but EU. Off the top of my head, Revan and Lumiya (had a yellow lightwhip) and less significant Jedi seen/fought in the first KotOR game.

Jedi have a much wider variety of colors (pretty much anything other than red)

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 05:44:41 AM »

Minor spoilers for TCW if you still have not watched it yet (GET ON IT!!)

Within canon, we have seen red, yellow, green, blue, teal, silver, lime purple and black colored sabers. The reason Sith are always using Red (to the best of my knowledge) is because it is basically an initiation process where they bleed a crystal, imbuing it with the Dark Side and thus turning it Red. However, as we well know from the movies, Anakin Skywalker (fallen) used a blue lightsaber after turning to the Dark Side in Revenge of the Sith. We have also seen Obi-Wan using red lightsabers (that belonged to Asajj Ventress) when he did not have access to his own blue saber. Again, we have seen Bariss Offee using red sabers after she stole them from Asajj. So though the color does generally tell you whether or not a character is Jedi or Sith (or in the case of Rey and Kylo, neither), you must put into context why a saber is being used. In ROTS, Anakin/Vader had not had the chance to bleed a crystal before he fought Obi-Wan, and thus still was using a blue saber. In the case of Obi-Wan using Ventress' red saber, Darth Maul had taken his blue away from him, and he had no other way to defend himself.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

LSUJedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

Strive for the light. Accept the dark.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 07:07:53 AM »

SO, when you say "canon" you are technically saying everything under the Disneyverse, aka The Skywalker Saga, including RO and Solo, TCW, Rebels, and the various novels, comics, etc that have come out under their banner. That gives you alot of colors to choose from still, but all this is to say that I think you should consider the Expanded Universe, or Legends, or whatever they're calling all of the countless publications that came out in between ROTJ and Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm, which were disregarded in terms of continuing the Star Wars story, mostly on the big screen, but nonetheless should serve as suitable inspiration in choosing your saber color. There are great, and arguably better, stories that include more practitioners of the force in the grey area (pun intended) between the Jedi and the Sith.

Alekso Lor'ens <------ X ------> Darth Emrys

Dem Sabers:
DIY Archon v3.1 - Consular Green
Bellicose - Guardian Blue
Initiate v3 LE - Violet Amethyst
Double-bladed Apprentice v5 LE - Fire Orange
Dark Initiate - Consular Green
Dark Initiate - Blazing Red

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 02:08:55 PM »

In Legends Sith used Synthetic Crystals they forged in furnaces channeling their hate into the formation which made them red.

Within Canon (IE After Disney took over) The Sith have to take a Kyber Crystal from a Jedi they have killed and bend it to their will (nicknamed bleeding) and once they do it takes on a red hue.  Revan is not canon (yet) but if  remember (Lady Revan can correct me if I'm wrong), his purple Saber was his saber from when he was a Jedi.  Basic rule as I see it.  If the character built the lightsaber after becoming Sith...it will most likely be Red.   Jedi of course seem to have the wider ranger of color...even Black.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 12:57:32 PM »

I'll echo what everyone has said and also point you towards Wookiepedia for assistance. Since they have a "Canon" and "Legends" tab for nearly all their entries it is a LOAD easier to find your way in the confusing mess that Disney has caused.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Light or Dark Side points

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 01:59:29 PM »

Thank you all so much for your reply's and the wealth of knowledge you have shared it is very much appreciated. Smiley

Wishlist: Bellicose Diamond V4

There is no Dark Side nor a Light Side, there is only the Force.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: