Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER - OFFICIAL D23 TRAILER  (Read 12857 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: August 26, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »

Who wants to bet that the shot of Rey with the double-bladed lightsaber is from a force vision?

https://youtu.be/e2qCaX6vbJ0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:28:50 PM »

Most likely.  Probably similar to Luke facing Vader in the cave.  The only thing that makes me wonder about that though is the unique Lightsaber (similar to General Pong Krell's sabers in TCW).  Unless she is a Clone of a Force User that Snoke and Palpy were attempting to make an army with and someone got her out but there was one left and now she is a Sith.... 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 02:27:21 PM »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..................WEHA?!?! Did I miss something?

You're forgetting the plan: Sucky as the character is, if she isn't a Skywalker, we riot.

And that whole bit about "The story of a generation"? This makes me weep for the future.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 02:35:42 PM »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..................WEHA?!?! Did I miss something?

You're forgetting the plan: Sucky as the character is, if she isn't a Skywalker, we riot.

And that whole bit about "The story of a generation"? This makes me weep for the future.

I never wanted her to be a Skywalker..or a Kenobi.  I was fine with her not being connected to any Force User.  But I didn't want her to be the Third Coming of the Savior either.... 

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »

I have no expectations for this movie .... but I will watch it ...

I think that they try a desperate move to please the old fans ... I think that both Palpy and Dark Rey are clones ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 02:55:29 PM »

I never wanted her to be a Skywalker..or a Kenobi.  I was fine with her not being connected to any Force User.  But I didn't want her to be the Third Coming of the Savior either....  
There are rules. And of all the useless and mind-numbing throwbacks that they've crammed in this trilogy, it will mark the series as the worst blemish to befall the franchise if she is not a Skywalker. It kinda falls into that whole continuing prophecy thing: Anakin was supposed to bring balance to the Force. If not entirely by helping to decimate the ranks of the Jedi, then it would be through his descendants: A grandson that is trying real hard to be the embodiment of the dark side. What else would make sense than to have a granddaughter from the other sibling that was the ultimate embodiment of the light?

But considering how little these money grubbing twats actually know about Star Wars and what its fans actually want in a good story, I fear you might be right.

I have no expectations for this movie .... but I will watch it ...
I am going in with expectations as low as they can go. That way, if there is anything good in this movie, it will be a pleasant surprise and only make my experience better.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

StarWars_and_Guitars
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

Action figure and prop collector

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 03:33:04 PM »

I found the trailer very underwhelming. Ironically, I thought TLJ had one of the best trailers ever. I only see 4 real possibilities;
force vision
evil clone (potentially all versions of Rey are genetically engineered)
just good ol' Rey built a saber with Vader's old crystal (seen in Luke's hut in TLJ)
alt-history on Starkiller base where Rey is evil and Ben is good.

JJ Abrams has essentially said, "screw it, give the fans what they want." so I hope this movie is drawing from the Dark Empire and Dark Empire II comics, where Palpatine has clones, etc.
I'd like a backstory for Snoke, even if it is just deformed Palpatine clone.

Archon v3
Graflex se
Consular
MR Yoda

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 04:00:44 PM »

I found the trailer very underwhelming. Ironically, I thought TLJ had one of the best trailers ever. I only see 4 real possibilities;
force vision
just good ol' Rey built a saber with Vader's old crystal (seen in Luke's hut in TLJ)

JJ Abrams has essentially said, "screw it, give the fans what they want." so I hope this movie is drawing from the Dark Empire and Dark Empire II comics, where Palpatine has clones, etc.
You need at least 2 crystals to make a staff.

And tell me Star Wars is going to rip off Orphan Black. Please.

Sig by For Tyeth

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 04:35:35 PM »

Evil Rey? Evil Threepio? Just wtf?

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 05:07:36 PM »

A new saber there is in this trailer ... a plot by UltraSabers it is??  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

StarWars_and_Guitars
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 05:09:34 PM »

Threepio is the most interesting part lol Is he evil brainwashed or did someone just turn on his killing protocols?

Archon v3
Graflex se
Consular
MR Yoda

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 05:27:54 PM »

It's what I've been screaming ever since we got Emo Ren instead of Darth Caedus.

A new saber there is in this trailer ... a plot by UltraSabers it is??  Grin
Many pinched fingers I sense.

Threepio is the most interesting part lol Is he evil brainwashed or did someone just turn on his killing protocols?
Anakin's dirty little secret: C-3PO, Instant Kill Mode

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 06:21:25 PM »

force vision

That wasn't Vader's crystal.... there is no way anyone could have Vader's Crystal.  It was destroyed in the Death Star explosion...or at very least lost in the debris... 

StarWars_and_Guitars
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 07:12:34 PM »

That wasn't Vader's crystal.... there is no way anyone could have Vader's Crystal.  It was destroyed in the Death Star explosion...or at very least lost in the debris... 
You are right, according to the visual dictionary it is simply a "fragmented sith lightsaber crystal," not Vader's.

Archon v3
Graflex se
Consular
MR Yoda

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 07:35:30 PM »

And there's no way a planet sized base could contain the mass of a sun, but there ya go. Nothing makes sense anymore, and it's ALL canon.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: