Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Chewie and the falcon  (Read 2345 times)
Mr.SithMaul
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 12, 2019, 11:33:54 AM »

Why is it when Han dies in force awakens chewie is not given the pilot position, and it goes to Rey, why he had just met, just a thought and wanting y'alls opinions on this. I personally think chewie should have been sole owner after and Rey should be co-pilot. That's just me, what all do you think?

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 01:23:19 PM »

I get the sense that Chewie is more of a mechanic type and is quite content to be in the co-pilot seat. Not to say he don't have skills but he maybe he doesn't have the talent for fancy flying maneuvers that Han or Lando did and from what we've seen Rey also has. Also, Han trusted Rey and I think Chewie feels the same. He puts a lot of faith in his friends.

Mr.SithMaul
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 03:37:10 PM »

So what you are saying is, Rey is more important and more skilled at flying a machine she has been in twice while chewie has spent over 40 years along side Han learning and quite frankly saving him most of the time. I dont see your logic. I feel it would have been more meaningful to have the falcon to chewie and let Rey keep her original deal with Han by coming on as an extra hand.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 12:31:17 AM »

Gentlemen, although you two have valid points, let's agree to disagree and continue with this discussion without any rise in temperature

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 01:20:39 AM »

I'm pretty sure I've seen Han get up and leave the cockpit while Chewie remained in that seat. We may be assigning value to what is simply one of two pilot positions. I recall seeing Rey struggle when she was alone in Han's spot while Finn was gunning. However, Chewie has a longer reach. Who's to say he isn't fully capable right there?

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 01:29:46 AM »

I get the idea that Chewie is a humble figure and may not feel worthy of being in charge of the Falcon.  He may feel perfectly comfortable with someone else piloting the Falcon.  Plus, he saw the connection between Rey and Han and how Han seemed to trust her.  This may be his way of honoring him.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 01:40:25 AM »

And Chewie was a bit testy when they flew the Imperial shuttle in ROTJ. Han told him Wookies weren't in mind when Imperials designed the shuttle. There Chewie sat, on the right. He's got the seat, cushions and controls just how he wants them.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 08:33:06 AM »

And Chewie was a bit testy when they flew the Imperial shuttle in ROTJ. Han told him Wookies weren't in mind when Imperials designed the shuttle. There Chewie sat, on the right. He's got the seat, cushions and controls just how he wants them.

That's my thought, too: Both positions are equipped with all controls to pilot the Falcon, but Chewie's seat was modified over the last few dozen years to be comfortable for someone larger than the average human-sized creature.

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 03:10:08 PM »

In one of the novelizations Chewie willingly lets her Captain it if I remember right.

Anyway, Chewies going to live for hundreds of years.  Han was his old pet human, Rey is his new pet human.  Those humans really like that seat.  The question is, does he prefer taking her to Jedi class and to see her creepy boyfriend more than bounty hunter evading and smuggling?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 11:42:05 PM »

In one of the novelizations Chewie willingly lets her Captain it if I remember right.

Anyway, Chewies going to live for hundreds of years.  Han was his old pet human, Rey is his new pet human.  Those humans really like that seat.  The question is, does he prefer taking her to Jedi class and to see her creepy boyfriend more than bounty hunter evading and smuggling?

I had a sneaking suspicion that you might have seen this topic. Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2019, 01:35:29 AM »

When I first saw TFA I was convinced Rey was a Skywalker or a Solo and that's why Han had such a sudden connection to Rey and why Chewie liked her. I thought that Chewie believed/knew Rey was Han's child and he wanted her to be in that chair. But now, I believe it's simply the agenda of Disney, giving Rey all the toys in hopes of endearing her to us, though it really hasn't worked for most fans, including myself.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: