Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Fallen as a combat Saber  (Read 4626 times)
WhiNo the Ghost
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

Light side points preferred.

« on: January 05, 2020, 08:13:53 AM »

I know the stance on removing claws like the scorpion or the war glaive when full contact duelling but has anyone used the fallen emitter? How do the fins stand up to full contact? 

Currently own an Azure Fallen in UEHG GB Obsidian v4 sound

Next Saber: Grand Master in UEHG SRD Obsidian V4

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 06:06:38 PM »

Did you get the Combat-Ready emitter?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

WhiNo the Ghost
Knight Apprentice

Light side points preferred.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 06:17:32 PM »

Definitely, but still wondered how it would actually hold up. Had a response on the announcements Fallen thread that said his one side is now pretty loose now, it’s hard to make such decorative features actually stand up to a heavy grade smashing it multiple times I guess. No big deal, if I was doing competitive super hard duelling I’d definitely want a Dominix V4 or something simple like that anyway. Was just curious.  Only one experience so far too, maybe others are holding up better.

Currently own an Azure Fallen in UEHG GB Obsidian v4 sound

Next Saber: Grand Master in UEHG SRD Obsidian V4

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 11:18:13 PM »

Definitely, but still wondered how it would actually hold up. Had a response on the announcements Fallen thread that said his one side is now pretty loose now, it’s hard to make such decorative features actually stand up to a heavy grade smashing it multiple times I guess. No big deal, if I was doing competitive super hard duelling I’d definitely want a Dominix V4 or something simple like that anyway. Was just curious.  Only one experience so far too, maybe others are holding up better.

Update for ya--I've been beating the heck outta my Fallen in the last week and the fins are still tight. (Gonna have to do something about that grip though...it's nice but is also a bit sharp for my old hands. lol

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 01:53:52 PM »

If you purchase the combat Fallen, the fins are screwed into the emitter so they won't go flying off as opposed to the non-combat version of the Fallen where the fins are pressed into the emitter

witcher8285
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 01:41:12 AM »

The metal square can be removed with pliers. Once you remove that, the grip is so much better. Take caution, you could scratch up the hilt in the process. It was a trade off for me. I can always weather the nicks are and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 01:23:35 PM »

Mine are pretty solid, but I did take it apart to see how it was built. The screws only have the thickness on the emitter walls to grip on, so repeated abuse will eventually loosen them up. Really depends on how tough you're going to be. Regular dueling/sparring/combat should be ok. Much more delicate hilts get used and if careful, hold up fine. You'd just need to be mindful of how you attack and parry.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

DarthRegol
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -8

Balance Should be Key over control

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 03:14:29 PM »

I know that the combat ready is sturdier, but the regular fins do well in choreographed fights, and as long as the fins themselves aren't being smashed over and over again you should be fine

"Two there should be. No more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it" -Darth Bane

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: