Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: I made a lightsaber from scratch using plumbing parts, possible feedback?  (Read 4677 times)
Darth Frosticus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -4

« on: January 09, 2020, 08:24:05 PM »

Video fixed by your friendly neighborhood, Mod Wink
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 05:38:42 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 08:52:15 PM »

I think you need to switch image hosts.  See the “How to post photos on the forum using Imgur” thread for a BBCode-friendly site and instructions.  Even after I edited your (quoted) post to make the image links conform properly, nothing appears, so I think imgshare.io just isn’t going to work.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Frosticus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 04:21:38 PM »

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 05:39:01 PM »

Looks good, I like it!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 05:40:46 PM »

Sharp looking hilt! Point!

Darth Frosticus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 05:51:25 PM »

here's a closer shot of the hilt

Darth Frosticus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 05:55:24 PM »

here's it lit up! Still deciding on a colour I want lol

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 05:59:25 PM »

here's it lit up! Still deciding on a colour I want lol

Didnt see the window at first!

Dont worry red is perfectly acceptable  Wink

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 06:35:25 PM »

Looks really good, I applaud you for building your own!

Darth Frosticus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 06:45:52 PM »

Thanks guys it means alot! Spent about 70 Canadian dollars on parts and about 9 7 hours of labour

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 02:49:49 AM »

Hi Darth Frosticus,

I normally don't congratulate the darksiders or Sith on the site being a Jedi as I am, BUT I gotta say I like this hilt a lot. I particularly like the recessed activation switch! The majority of the time when I see a "Plumbing Supplies" saber the switch sticks out or is one of those sliding types. Did you salvage the switch section from a flashlight and then thread other parts onto it?

Either way, this shouldn't be classified as a plumbing supplies special...it is a true weapon of a time long ago in the future! Points on the way (one today and one tomorrow as we can only award you one per day ok!)

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 05:30:44 AM »

First, I want to congratulate you on making it in the first place. That took a good amount of time to build, and it definitely took skills that I am lacking. Very well done.

What I like about the hilt:
Everything below the brass ring.
Everything above the brass ring.

What I don't like about the hilt:
The brass ring.

It's mostly personal preference on my part, but I like to have my hands higher up on the hilt, closer to the end of the emitter. It's simply how I trained to use a sword, and it's transferred over to lightsabers as well.

I'm guessing the brass ring is there to prevent your hand from being up on the threaded part, which would probably put small cuts into your fingers if/when the hilt turned in your hands. This denotes an eye towards functionality, which I highly approve of. Speaking of which, have you considered wrapping that threaded part in plumbers tape? I'm pretty sure they make it in different colors now, so if you were to build multiple hilts for different blade colors, you could use matching tape to easily tell which saber had which color blade.

I agree that the windows are a nice touch, and Red is an excellent blade color. Definitely should stay with Red.

Overall a job very well done, and something you should be very proud of doing.

I normally don't congratulate the darksiders or Sith on the site being a Jedi as I am

Whatever, you'll come around to a better way of thinking eventually  Wink

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Frosticus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 03:42:29 PM »

I thank you both! I appreciate the Jedi liking a siths weapon too ! Haha and as for the brass ring it's there to hold the threading between the LED area and the rest of the hilt going into the emitter area! It's only there for now because I'm having trouble finding another connector I like ATM , I may solder it but it's just there for easy battery changing access and so I can change the colour with ease for now! Still in the early stages! But thank you guys so much for the input I'm gonna start another one soon should I do like a step by step series for it?

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 04:45:44 PM »

I thank you both! I appreciate the Jedi liking a siths weapon too ! Haha and as for the brass ring it's there to hold the threading between the LED area and the rest of the hilt going into the emitter area! It's only there for now because I'm having trouble finding another connector I like ATM , I may solder it but it's just there for easy battery changing access and so I can change the colour with ease for now! Still in the early stages!

But thank you guys so much for the input I'm gonna start another one soon should I do like a step by step series for it?

Uhhh... YES!  Please and thank you.

And by the way, this looks really good.  As I say often (maybe TOO often), I like emitters with windows.  I also like the mix of black and silver in the hilt.  Single-color sabers can look very nice, but I like the contrast even more.  Thanks for sharing these pictures.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2020, 02:32:49 PM »

should I do like a step by step series for it?

Y E S

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: