Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: SENTINEL LE V4 with OBSIDIAN LITE Review  (Read 1145 times)
clackattack99
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: January 15, 2020, 06:26:38 PM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7WXaoKhC8p/?igshid=15fbpcr7nguf0

So for some odd reason, I am unable to actually upload the IMG to this post, so I have made an Instagram post showing off my UltraSaber and will have to make do with that. There really needs to be a mobile version of this forum, if I may suggest? Using this on mobile is rather difficult, but I’ll try and make do once more.

Anyway, I recently received my UltraSabers Guaranteed Sound Mystery Box two nights ago, and with it I received a Covertec Wheel and Covertec Clip, two Saber Stand Pieces, a Blade Retention Screw, and the moment you’ve all been waiting for: my first lightsaber from UltraSabers: THE SENTINEL LE V4!

Since I can’t post the photos for some odd reason, please take a look at the post to see it in as much depth as you need to. I was acting like a child getting a Christmas present when I opened up the package and saw the MidGrade Rounded Tip Blade and the main hilt, which looks rather beautiful even with the minimalist design. Silver and gold together is always an elegant combination and on top of that, it feels so light and sturdy. I have a few sabers from other guys and they’re a bit heavier and harder to handle, but this one is just right for twirling and dueling. The blade also doesn’t have the LED rings, the light comes from the hilt itself, so you’re not gonna have to worry about any dead cells or breaks or anything like that. These ones are meant for dueling as much as it is display, and it’s honestly the sturdiest and most durable one I have out there thus far.

The color is magnificent also. The whole time I was waiting the two and a half weeks, me and my brother were talking about which color was going to choose me. Was I going to be a Sith Assassin? A Jedi Knight? A Jedi Sentinel? Well, I did get the Sentinel Saber, but the color is of the Knight with Guardian Blue! Blue is my favorite color, and getting it out of a mystery box is very much the luck I’ve been waiting for!  Grin All my favorites use blue: Anakin, Obi-Wan, even Mace Windu pre-Attack of the Clones. I feel I am amongst their ranks now, so amazing with the color I cannot complain at all.

The blade feels very durable. It’s only the mid-grade and isn’t as good as the heavy, but it’s just one long plastic pipe and when you turn on the saber, wow it’s bright! I think I’ve hit it against the wall very hard at least once and I never got scared about it being broken. It’s a testament how great the blades are and not worrying about any LEDs, unlike some from the other guys. My only complaint with the blade is that there’s a deformity on the tip, but it’s barely noticeable and doesn’t really ruin anything for me to be honest. It looks way better on video and photo, emulating the film feel. I love that.

I think I scratched the hilt around the emitter trying to apply the Covertec wheel, but that’s my fault and I will not hold it against UltraSabers. It still looks great and I appreciate the saber, even after the long wait. The blade is very durable, the hilt looks wonderful, the accessories are exactly what I wanted, the blade color is my favorite, and honestly the whole thing for the price is just so worth it in my opinion. There are very little flaws with it and even the more cosmetic ones may be my fault. Honestly, I can’t think of any cons with it. For it being my first lightsaber from UltraSabers, color me a satisfied customer and I will definitely be looking for more. I think my next purchase will be a crossguard or the Brood Guard. The Nightstick look is so unique to me. Anyway, I love the Sentinel LE V4. Absolutely love it. I promise not to poke any eyes out with it.

Mystery Box: SENTINEL LE V4 GUARDIAN BLUE (Obsidian LITE): A+

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 06:36:54 PM »

Heya Clack,

Welcome to the Sentinel club! Nice review on the le v4 and yup, you do sound like an 8 year old at Christmas! lol  I think that's most of us every time we get one!

One quick note--if you only waited 2 1/2 weeks, you got your's in record time considering Christmas, the movie, etc.  Be patient, young Padawan!

PS-Have your first point on me for a solid review!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

clackattack99
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 06:52:51 PM »

Thank you so much, Taz. Oh and I forgot to mention the soundboard! It’s so damn loud, so it’s best to be careful with how close you have it to your ear and if you live with more than one person, I suggest dampening the sound late at night.  Cheesy

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 10:14:38 PM »

Clack, did ya get the lite or premium sound with it? If premium, there's like 7 diff fonts and one additional one of "mute."

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 04:42:03 AM »

Mobile version?  Try the Tapatalk app.  It’s free, and it works with this forum.

Now back to reading the review.

EDIT: Like Tazflyr said, +1 point for the fun review.  I could “hear” the excitement in your words, just reading the post! 

For instructions on posting pictures, check out the How to post photos on the forum using Imgur thread, and you’ll become an expert in no time.  Posting videos will work if and only if you use YouTube as the hosting site.  To see how it’s done, just Quote a video post from someone else, and steal the code... then replace the URL from their post with the URL taken from the YouTube.com WEB PAGE (not the app, but the actual website), remove the “s” from the “https” in the link, and it should work.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 06:12:17 AM »

Very nice sir,  very nice indeed.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 12:06:42 PM »

Nice Sentinel, it's one of my favorites

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 09:44:14 PM »

Very nice...the LE version of the sentinel is my favorite for that hilt Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: