Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pommel too tight!  (Read 601 times)
SoniKzone
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 27, 2020, 10:14:53 AM »

So I just bought a Phantasm, mainly so I can use the separate sabers to duel with friends. I kept the coupler on one saber and the actual pommel on the other.

I know my title says pommel, but it's actually the coupler that's too tight (I hope I'll get more people who know what I'm referring to this way). I cannot, for the life of me, even loosen the coupler. I've only had the saber for a day, but if I can't get the coupler off, I'm never going to be able to change the battery.

Is there any way to loosen or remove the coupler? Oil isn't a good idea, I would think, and I've just about shredded my hands trying to twist it.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 10:23:01 AM »

Work gloves with rubberized grip areas can help pretty good. They protect your hands and improve grip. Next step would be a strap wrench. They make some that have rubberized straps that work pretty good for this. Which type of coupler is it ?  If it has holes sometimes those can be used to insert something to use as a wrench, but be careful not to score it up.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 02:12:41 PM »

My standard flush couplers have a hole in them so a screwdriver of some sort can be put through.

A bit of WD40 might help as well.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 03:57:47 PM »

WD 40 can help get things loose but it can collect dust and grit on its surface and is fine enough to act like cutting oil on aluminum which can accelerate wear on your threads. Silicon thread grease does better and is thick enough to lubricate even contaminants. TCSS, the originators of MHS threading, recommends it for all threaded components, it can be gotten at any auto parts store. They usually try to upsell it when one buys spark plugs and is tiny tubes near the registers at every one i have been to.
Won't help get this apart but my help it getting stuck again.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 12:29:24 AM »

another option for the future is to cut a "donut" out of a thin piece of paper and place is between the coupler and the hilt. Works like a charm.

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: