Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: how do light/dark points work and/or the points awarded for purchase?  (Read 8854 times)
jonpluc
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« on: January 31, 2020, 01:42:15 AM »

I assume the points offer discounts to purchases but i dont seem to find how many points of each do what exactly. Thanks.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 02:16:16 AM »

Dark and Light points are awarded for posts you make on the forum that people like or find helpful.  Some like light points (those that lean towards the light side of the force) while others like dark points (those that lean towards the dark side fo the force).  It is in bad form to give points opposite of their preference.

Points for purchases are separate from the forum.  Each dollar you spend is a point.  Each point is worth $0.05.  Points can be applied to future purchases.  I once purchased an entire saber with just points. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 03:51:39 AM »

Dark and Light points are awarded for posts you make on the forum that people like or find helpful.  Some like light points (those that lean towards the light side of the force) while others like dark points (those that lean towards the dark side fo the force).  It is in bad form to give points opposite of their preference.

Points for purchases are separate from the forum.  Each dollar you spend is a point.  Each point is worth $0.05.  Points can be applied to future purchases.  I once purchased an entire saber with just points. 

Excellent answer, Maestro!

I would like to add that the forum points never expire, but the points awarded for purchase expire one year from the date they are earned, so be sure to use them before then.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

phantom1592
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 10:16:28 PM »

How do you award points? is it something Mods do or can anyone point when they find something helpful?

Light Side all the way Cheesy

Ordered 2/8/20:

*Azure Fallen: Obsidian v4, Guardian Blue, Flash Silver, Recharge port, Blue illuminated AVswitch
*Mystery Box
*Free Initiate

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 01:02:25 AM »

How do you award points? is it something Mods do or can anyone point when they find something helpful?

Anyone can award points. Look on the left hand side of the screen and you should see options for light or dark side. If it's in the negative, they prefer dark side. It's one point per person though in a 24 hour time frame til you can award that member another point.

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

phantom1592
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 05:48:56 AM »

Anyone can award points. Look on the left hand side of the screen and you should see options for light or dark side. If it's in the negative, they prefer dark side. It's one point per person though in a 24 hour time frame til you can award that member another point.

I'll admit I'm new to these forums... but i'm just not seeing anything to click.  I see

Name
'rank'
what looks like an XP bar...

Force alignment: # (with nothing to click)
Post#

and then some clicky things that are Profile, personaly message, and sometimes email..... but not seeing anything at all on teh left hand side about awarding points one way or the other :-/

Ordered 2/8/20:

*Azure Fallen: Obsidian v4, Guardian Blue, Flash Silver, Recharge port, Blue illuminated AVswitch
*Mystery Box
*Free Initiate

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 12:07:17 PM »

Right below force alignment, there will be a light/dark side points eventually. You have to get out of "force sensitive" rank first.  Sorry for not checking that in your previous post!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

phantom1592
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 06:20:28 PM »

Right below force alignment, there will be a light/dark side points eventually. You have to get out of "force sensitive" rank first.  Sorry for not checking that in your previous post!

Ahh gotcha! That explains a lot!

Ordered 2/8/20:

*Mystery Box
*Free Initiate

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 09:19:15 PM »

Ahh gotcha! That explains a lot!

Are you wanting light side points or dark side? your Sig says light all the way but your lean towards the dark at the moment?

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

phantom1592
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2020, 11:36:54 PM »

Are you wanting light side points or dark side? your Sig says light all the way but your lean towards the dark at the moment?

Yeah, I prefer light side... but somehow someone's been giving me dark... O.O

Ordered 2/8/20:

*Mystery Box
*Free Initiate

Darth_Malignan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

Dark Side -- Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 01:08:39 PM »

gave you a lightside point, to offset all the dark you are hoarding.... *force pulls the dark side points from you*

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 01:29:46 PM »

Yeah, I prefer light side... but somehow someone's been giving me dark... O.O

The points are for fun, nothing more but there is a troll or two among us. I got you to 5 points on the light side

phantom1592
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 06:45:57 PM »

The points are for fun, nothing more but there is a troll or two among us. I got you to 5 points on the light side

Awesome! Thanks Smiley

Ordered 2/8/20:

*Mystery Box
*Free Initiate

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2020, 11:53:51 AM »

You're welcome!  Cheesy

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2020, 09:17:32 PM »

I suspect I've been a victim of said trolling. I was at -6 yesterday and now -3 today. I'm pretty sure it says Sith in my profile 5 or more times, and I'm a Darth... for the love of the Force; either someone is truly ignorant of how these thing work or I'm getting trolled daily at this point. It took weeks to even get -5 points. Is there some record of who awarded them, or a history somewhere I can view? I swear that'd be helpful if this is a trend. One little PM to the responsible party(s) could fix it, or something like that, if it was an accident anyway. Such behavior would be rather tedious considering I've attempted to contribute legitimately to earn Dark Side points.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: