Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Soundboard Stall Version 2.2.2  (Read 3158 times)
SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

Live life on the edge, or not at all!

« on: February 08, 2020, 12:30:10 AM »

So I got an older Obsidian soundboard that's had a stallout, I believe, and no matter what I try from the troubleshooting techniques the saber will not turn on. It does have power because when I put the batteries in, it plays the Standard Obsidian Boot sound. The board uses the Obsidian Launcher Version 2.2.2. I do have the V4 Obsidian Launcher on the same computer, but didn't use it for this saber. Could that have affected the older board in any way?

If the end result is that it will never work again, I'm fine with that, and not too torn about it. It's old, and was played with a lot.

Sabers Owned: Spectre in Arctic Blue with Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in Consular Green w/o Sound. Sold Sabers: Initiate V2 in Guardian Blue w/o Sound, and Initiate V3 in Guardian Blue with Obsidian V2.

Light Side points preferred, when warranted.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 03:52:01 PM »

The v4 shouldn't affect the board as long as you didn't connect it.

There could be several issues why the saber doesn't turn on - wrong batteries (which I don't assume), faulty wiring leading to the LED, faulty switch...

Difficult to get the exact issue out of these. If all things work (good wiring, right batteries, working switch), then it's most likely a problem on the board.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 05:53:48 PM »

The v4 shouldn't affect the board as long as you didn't connect it.

There could be several issues why the saber doesn't turn on - wrong batteries (which I don't assume), faulty wiring leading to the LED, faulty switch...

Difficult to get the exact issue out of these. If all things work (good wiring, right batteries, working switch), then it's most likely a problem on the board.

It worked prior to plugging it into my computer If that helps? At this rate, I'm going to assume the board is fried. And I know it's very unlikely to get a replacement because that board has been out of date for a while.

Either way, I'm not torn up about it. I was just wondering if anybody knew how to fix it possibly. I'll probably just sell it on eBay for junk. Probably somebody else could salvage the parts.

Sabers Owned: Spectre in Arctic Blue with Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in Consular Green w/o Sound. Sold Sabers: Initiate V2 in Guardian Blue w/o Sound, and Initiate V3 in Guardian Blue with Obsidian V2.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 06:50:47 PM »

Okay, then this could actually have affected the board Undecided

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 09:39:36 PM »

Okay, then this could actually have affected the board Undecided

Wonderful. *Sarcasm* That's okay though. I'll just sell it for junk. Somebody could salvage it.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 06:43:38 PM »

Yeah, probably the best option...

Sig by Master Nero

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 02:40:05 AM »

Yeah, probably the best option...

Thanks for the suggestion! Point for you!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 11:50:24 AM »

What Racona said. If the board's still in the saber, you can always convert the saber to a stunt

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 10:10:22 PM »

What Racona said. If the board's still in the saber, you can always convert the saber to a stunt

The board is still in the saber. It just won't turn on. I put the batteries in. The board boots up does the obsidian boot But the saber won't turn on when I hit the switch.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 12:32:41 PM »

The board is still in the saber. It just won't turn on. I put the batteries in. The board boots up does the obsidian boot But the saber won't turn on when I hit the switch.

I say remove the board and turn the saber to a stunt unless you want to keep it a sound saber.

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 10:13:44 PM »

I say remove the board and turn the saber to a stunt unless you want to keep it a sound saber.

True but it's not the same without the light. Like I said I'm okay with selling it for junk. If somebody can fix it perfect they have a free saber. I'm not too torn up about it.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 03:17:51 PM »

True but it's not the same without the light. Like I said I'm okay with selling it for junk. If somebody can fix it perfect they have a free saber. I'm not too torn up about it.

That works

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: