Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian lite issue  (Read 1494 times)
Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -50

DS points please :)

« on: March 07, 2020, 05:57:51 AM »

Hey y'all,

My Emperor's Hand, my first saber, is acting up!  I had it down off the wall display (I don't duel with this baby, and its a display saber so I seldom mess with it), and was working with it with the blade removed and a blade plug installed. I turned it on and was oscillating the hilt in my hand, testing the movement sounds, when it started making a constant buzzing tone.   It would not respond to the activation switch, so the only way to stop it was to pull out the battery pack and pull one of the 4 AAA cells.  I let it sit for a minute and then put the removed battery back in, at which point it proclaimed, "Obsidian!". I said, cool, its ok now(?), but as soon as I pushed the activation switch, the buzzing tone returned.  Now when I repeat the battery pull/wait a couple seconds/replace, it interrupts the "Obsidian" start up with the buzzing tone...   ok... just now, I tried it again. It had been sitting with the battery out for a few minutes while I pen this post, and THIS time, it didn't start the buzzing tone until I pressed the button and got PART of the "boot" sound.... 🙁

I've send pretty much the same message to US , to see what they say.   Has anyone had their SB act up like this before?

Spectre, pro build, NEC Igniter 3, NPxl
Grand Master, Azure, pro build, GHv3, NPxl
Empress (dark), Pro ffie2.2, NPxl
Dark Apprentice LE V5, Xenopixel core 30 fonts *woot*
Sentinel LE V5, Xenopixel core, 30 fonts

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 08:19:32 PM »

As a matter a fact this did happen to me once in one my saber with light sound. As it turned out it was a bad battery. I tried another set of regular aaa's and it was the same so,
I took out the batteries and replaced them with a good sent of rechargeable batteries that were in my stunt saber just as a way the check it out and it worked fine. Now I use Energizer rechargeable AAA batteries in both of my sabers with light sound and it hasn't happened since. Not sure what type of batteries you have but some cheap batteries don't work well in sabers with light sound.
Hope this helps. MTFBWY

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 10:39:58 PM »

As a matter a fact this did happen to me once in one my saber with light sound. As it turned out it was a bad battery. I tried another set of regular aaa's and it was the same so,
I took out the batteries and replaced them with a good sent of rechargeable batteries that were in my stunt saber just as a way the check it out and it worked fine. Now I use Energizer rechargeable AAA batteries in both of my sabers with light sound and it hasn't happened since. Not sure what type of batteries you have but some cheap batteries don't work well in sabers with light sound.
Hope this helps. MTFBWY

Thanks for the feedback!   Yes just now I tried it again, after having sat all night, and while it booted up, I noticed a slight flicker in the blade, then the buzzing tone returned .. uh oh.. so I replaced the batteries with the other four in the 8-pack (Energizer MAX), and it seems to work fine now. I didn't dink around with it much, just shut it down and restarted it, got the clash sound, etc. My main thing then was the take the fresh batteries out before I put it back up on the display.  I think that's all that it was ..  the batteries were drained just enough from sitting up on the wall for about three weeks.  I didn't think there was any idle/sleep time current draw in the Obsidian lite..?  I know there are probably better Alkaline AAA's out there. Was going to try others, but thought for the time being that the Energizer MAX would be enough of a step UP from the others.

You said you used Energizer 'rechargable' AAA's . May I ask, are they NiCad or Li-Ion ?  Are Eveready batteries your brand of choice?

MTFBWY as well!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 01:59:20 PM »

The batteries that I use are nimh rechargeables , 500mah to 900mah and they work fine. Duracell rechargeable are good also.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 03:52:49 PM »

The batteries that I use are nimh rechargeables , 500mah to 900mah and they work fine. Duracell rechargeable are good also.

Awesome! Thanks that helps answer a sidebar question I had on another thread.  I see that the little sheet that comes with US orders mentions using NiMH batteries as the option.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: