Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Electrum Wind Diamond Review  (Read 1904 times)
Ilowarith
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -16

Dark leaning, but will allow the Force to choose.

« on: May 13, 2020, 12:55:15 AM »

Hey guys! Here's my review of my Diamond Electrum Wind. It is currently in default Obsidian sound font, Bane's Heart (sort of), SY FoC, Silver AV switch, and recharge port. The thing is a beauty & a beast at the same time. Not there's anything ugly about it, it's just hefty. I love the detail taken to make this hilt the "inspired by" piece we love from US, but also has things that make it it's own. The gold-silver-black is probably my favorite color combo. It makes any color on the blade look good. I absolutely love this hilt, and my wife has had to sometimes gently remind me that I have a family. Maybe I'll be able to convince her at the summer raffle for my 2nd diamond. <waves hand> These are the hilts I've been looking for.

Only a few cons if I'm going to be completely honest. I mention a little more detail in the video, but the blade retention screw only has about 1/4" holding the blade from the LED module, and there is noticeable wobble and looseness just with light swings. I fix that problem with the swapped emitter and an additional retention screw. If the pommel & emitters aren't really tightened, there are a few parts that want to spin or slide. I really had to tighten it to make that stop. I think I ordered a 32" blade, and got sent a 36" blade. It's not a big enough deal to write US about, and I'll probable just cut it down to 32" or 30" myself. I'm 6'1" and holding the rounded grips, the hilt and blade is long enough I smack the ground with the 36". I didn't have this problem with my Aeons, as I tend to grip it right at the emitter windows and the choke just below. I'm getting 32" blades from now on.

I love programming this thing with the Ultrasabers controller software. Shout outs to DPM & KS for the fonts. I have a good mix, about half are light-side, half are dark-side. I guess I'm a Grey, or a Fallen Jedi after all, as I don't have ONLY dark-side fonts selected. I have a few different tossed in for fun, like Cartman and Predator. Those are not featured on this video, but I'll probably do a full diamond vid later on.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5fPWMJJVPY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5fPWMJJVPY</a>

Good is a point of view.

My sabers : Aeon v4 - CG - OBS LITE  - Green-silver AV - catalyst pommel - |w| ~ $75 MB upgraded
Electrum Wind - Diamond - VA - SY FoC
Sentinel v4 - Stunt - BR - Silver AV  ~ $75 MB
Dark Apprentice v4 - Stunt - BR
Aeon v4 - Stunt - AB - Silver AV ~ 2020 Spring raffle 4th place
Aeon v3 - Stunt - CG - Silver AV ~ $75 MB

Wishlist : Raven SS, Crimson Butcher, Crimson Savior, Emperor's Hand, Menace SE staff, Crimson Scorpion, Manticore, Flamberge v2, Dark Graflex, Lost Grey, Guardian, Dark Standard Issue v3, & Dark Apprentice LE v5

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 05:39:21 AM »

I like what you did with the whole blade retention screw thing.  And it's not bad with the new emmitter. Nice work. Enjoyed the review.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

drEe
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 13

Life long Star Wars nerd but not yet a Master

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 12:58:47 PM »

A good review; I like the claw option. I also obtained an Electrum Wind and noticed the wobble in the blade. My thoughts were a fit that was a little more snug could help but the screw relocation could be a solution as well.

For me, if that is the only issue, I have no problem with it.

Thank you for taking the time to share.

DrEe Windu

Ilowarith
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -16

Dark leaning, but will allow the Force to choose.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 09:51:18 PM »

Yeah that's really the only complaint I have with it at this time, and it is now a non issue for me with the double retention screws. The blade feels snug and not as if it is about to fall out.

Good is a point of view.

My sabers : Aeon v4 - CG - OBS LITE  - Green-silver AV - catalyst pommel - |w| ~ $75 MB upgraded
Electrum Wind - Diamond - VA - SY FoC
Sentinel v4 - Stunt - BR - Silver AV  ~ $75 MB
Dark Apprentice v4 - Stunt - BR
Aeon v4 - Stunt - AB - Silver AV ~ 2020 Spring raffle 4th place
Aeon v3 - Stunt - CG - Silver AV ~ $75 MB

Wishlist : Raven SS, Crimson Butcher, Crimson Savior, Emperor's Hand, Menace SE staff, Crimson Scorpion, Manticore, Flamberge v2, Dark Graflex, Lost Grey, Guardian, Dark Standard Issue v3, & Dark Apprentice LE v5

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: