Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: So, Dumb Newbie Question  (Read 3906 times)
DOA40
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -19

Peace Is a Lie

« on: June 21, 2020, 09:34:22 PM »

So, it's going to be a while before I get my new Emerald Sound saber, but I just had a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.

1.) I want to put a couple of custom fonts on my saber once it gets here and I know that there are two different ports for the saber: one for sound, one for blade color.  Once I get those sounds on my saber, can I adjust the color of the blades for those sounds?  I'm guessing the answer is yes, but I just wanted to be sure.

2.) Would I have to cycle through to each saber font and adjust the blade color one by one?  Meaning, if I the standard saber sound that comes on just the basic sound sabers and then I add, for instance, a Sidious sound font and an Ahsoka one, would I have to cycle from the basic sound to the Sidious one before plugging into the color port and then adjust it, save it, unplug, cycle to the Ahsoka one, adjust it, save it, etc. for each one?

Like I said, it's going to be awhile before I get this new saber, put I just want to be prepared for when it does arrive so I can do it properly without messing anything up.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Arbiter-Basic Sound Mystery Box-Fire Orange

Dark Mantis-Basic Sound Saber-Violet Amethyst

Emperor's Hand-Emerald Sound Saber-Consular Green

Renegade LE-Premium Sound Saber-Blazing Red

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 12:17:24 AM »

So, it's going to be a while before I get my new Emerald Sound saber, but I just had a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.

1.) I want to put a couple of custom fonts on my saber once it gets here and I know that there are two different ports for the saber: one for sound, one for blade color.  Once I get those sounds on my saber, can I adjust the color of the blades for those sounds?  I'm guessing the answer is yes, but I just wanted to be sure.

2.) Would I have to cycle through to each saber font and adjust the blade color one by one?  Meaning, if I the standard saber sound that comes on just the basic sound sabers and then I add, for instance, a Sidious sound font and an Ahsoka one, would I have to cycle from the basic sound to the Sidious one before plugging into the color port and then adjust it, save it, unplug, cycle to the Ahsoka one, adjust it, save it, etc. for each one?

Like I said, it's going to be awhile before I get this new saber, put I just want to be prepared for when it does arrive so I can do it properly without messing anything up.

First, I don't think it's a dumb question, if for no other reason than it's one I've never seen before.

Second, Let me make sure I understand the question correctly:

You ordered a saber with Emerald and Obsidian v4.
You want to know if you can assign different colors via the Emerald to the different sound fonts on the Obsidian. (Which I would like to say is a really neat idea.)

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, mostly because they are two separate boards, one for Emerald and one for Obsidian (unless US has changed how they do it since I received my Emerald/Obsidian sabers). It's not two separate ports on one board, it's actually two physically different boards, each with it's own port. And I'm pretty sure there's no connections between the boards, so, the Emerald board would have no way of knowing when you were changing sound fonts on the Obsidian via the power button (or most likely via the launcher either).

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 11:48:34 AM »

No, you would only be able to do that with a Diamond board, but not with an Emerald sound saber. Like Sakura said, they're two completely independent boards.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 01:37:42 PM »

Ah, well then.  Guess I should have gone Diamond.  Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Thank you both for the information.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 05:30:45 PM »

1.) I want to put a couple of custom fonts on my saber once it gets here and I know that there are two different ports for the saber: one for sound, one for blade color.  Once I get those sounds on my saber, can I adjust the color of the blades for those sounds?  I'm guessing the answer is yes, but I just wanted to be sure.

Yes, Emerald allows you to do that, but only one blade color at any time.  You'll need to reconnect to the configuration app to change the color for a different sound.

2.) Would I have to cycle through to each saber font and adjust the blade color one by one?

I think others have already chimed in that you'd need the Diamond board to manage both synchronously "on the fly"... you can change sound, plug in, adjust blade color, play for a while though... so sith one day, jedi next, gray after that if that's sufficient.

if your saber hasn't shipped and you have the funds for it, you might want to upgrade now before they build your saber... hopefully they'll get your request in time.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 06:13:21 PM »

Yes, Emerald allows you to do that, but only one blade color at any time.  You'll need to reconnect to the configuration app to change the color for a different sound.

I think others have already chimed in that you'd need the Diamond board to manage both synchronously "on the fly"... you can change sound, plug in, adjust blade color, play for a while though... so sith one day, jedi next, gray after that if that's sufficient.

if your saber hasn't shipped and you have the funds for it, you might want to upgrade now before they build your saber... hopefully they'll get your request in time.

1.) It's fine.  Like I said, live and learn.  I'll get a Diamond ones next time.

2.) Too late for that.  Just recieved a "Your Item Has Shipped" e-mail.

Current Blades Owned:

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 12:51:57 AM »

2.) Would I have to cycle through to each saber font and adjust the blade color one by one?  Meaning, if I the standard saber sound that comes on just the basic sound sabers and then I add, for instance, a Sidious sound font and an Ahsoka one, would I have to cycle from the basic sound to the Sidious one before plugging into the color port and then adjust it, save it, unplug, cycle to the Ahsoka one, adjust it, save it, etc. for each one?

...I'm just impressed that someone is actually researching how to use their saber, rather than screwing it up FIRST, and then looking for answers...

"I have no idea where the batteries are in this thing!" makes me want to impale myself on my saber.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 03:23:44 AM »

At least you only need 1 cable for both ports. Cool

Gray Jedi Ret Soref
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Guardian of Balance

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 09:15:42 PM »

Glad I stumbled upon this thread, myself!  I had wondered just how capable the Emerald/Obsidian pairing was, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay for the upgrade to Diamond on BOTH of my twin sabers.  My next single hilt will definitely be Diamond.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: