Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: That time David Prowse came to my 8th Grade class in 1987.  (Read 2010 times)
Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -78

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

« on: June 22, 2020, 07:57:06 PM »

I grew up a huge Star Wars fan, as I assume most of us did.  In 1987 David Prowse came to my little catholic school in Mobile Alabama as the Green Cross Code Man, a British safety character he played.

He spent most of the time talking Star Wars,  how heavy and awkward the Suit was, how he had to take more rest breaks than Alec Guinness during the Death Star fight scene.  It was the highlight of my 8th grade Star Wars nerd life at the time.

My brother and I had a scrapbook we made and showed him. He took the time to look through the whole thing. Then signed it “May The Force Be With You”.

I still have the autographed scrapbook in my attic and will find it and snap a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 09:42:09 PM »

That is pretty awesome, he even looks imposing in that outfit too.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 10:58:11 PM »

He took two sixth grad girls and lifted them up by the back of their shirts and held them both out to his sides. He was a strong dude.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 01:41:29 AM »

Very cool story!  Have a Dark Side point on me!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 11:49:02 AM »

I grew up a huge Star Wars fan, as I assume most of us did.  In 1987 David Prowse came to my little catholic school in Mobile Alabama as the Green Cross Code Man, a British safety character he played.

He spent most of the time talking Star Wars,  how heavy and awkward the Suit was, how he had to take more rest breaks than Alec Guinness during the Death Star fight scene.  It was the highlight of my 8th grade Star Wars nerd life at the time.

My brother and I had a scrapbook we made and showed him. He took the time to look through the whole thing. Then signed it “May The Force Be With You”.

I still have the autographed scrapbook in my attic and will find it and snap a pic.

This is awesome, DR!  ESPECIALLY since you got his autograph  Smiley

He took two sixth grad girls and lifted them up by the back of their shirts and held them both out to his sides. He was a strong dude.

I remember reading a story concerning Prowse and how he did a 600 lbs (that's over 272 kg) deadlift...with one hand  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 12:02:19 PM »

That's wicked, Darth Rage!  David Prowse's a cool guy

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 05:41:46 PM »

You.  Lucky.  Duck.

Very, very cool.  👍👍👍👍👍

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 08:19:19 PM »

Lucky.  I only got Howard Stern at my school.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 03:44:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: