Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Batman Teaser  (Read 884 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« on: August 23, 2020, 03:25:39 AM »

Teaser from the upcoming Standalone film staring Robert Pattinson and Directed by Matt Reeves.  I wasn't too keen on this mostly because I thought Pattinson would fit better as Nightwing or even Hush... but the trailer doesn't disappoint IMO.  Still not a fan of the standalone's though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLOp_6uPccQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLOp_6uPccQ</a>

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 04:18:58 PM »

Not being a major fan of DC, I'm really curious how the fanbase will treat this ongoing revolving door of actors in their main roles. Pattinson looks... I guess ok in the role, but I'm scratching my head as to why we really needed another standalone movie with Bats in it, just like you said Tepes.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 05:02:02 PM »

Not being a major fan of DC, I'm really curious how the fanbase will treat this ongoing revolving door of actors in their main roles. Pattinson looks... I guess ok in the role, but I'm scratching my head as to why we really needed another standalone movie with Bats in it, just like you said Tepes.

Basically what happened is WB/DC failed to established their shared universe like the MCU and said "screw it".  So now they are doing "Elseworlds" films...different versions of the characters in different scenarios.  The rumor is it will become cohesive during Flashpoint but I wont hold my breath.  I was never one or the other growing up...I read both DC and Marvel (Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman were my DC faves.  Thor, Wolverine and Hulk were my Marvel go to's.)  I got to see my Marvel heroes on screen in amazing films.  For Modern DC...Other than Aquaman (a flawed but fun film) and Wonder Woman (not a great film by any means but told its story enjoyably) their films were lackluster to enraging.   I no joke worried my wife after we left Man of Steel because I was silent for an hour and half.

Snowkiller
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 08:03:54 PM »

Movie looks awful, but I expected it to. Definitely wont see this in theaters.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 11:37:39 PM »

Personally, I've never been the biggest Batman Fan, and I've always preferred Marvel to DC, but that isn't to say I dislike DC. I did (do?) enjoy Affleck as Batman, and even though I respect the Dark Knight Trilogy (Nolan is a brilliant filmmaker), I've never been super interested in most things Batman. All that being said, I am actually very intrigued by this movie. I was never too keen on Pattinson taking the role (I would have preferred Nicholas Hoult), but the more I see of this film, and the more I see of Pattinson, I think he will do really really good in this role. And I actually really liked this trailer. It gives you a taste of what the movie will be like, and shows you a bit of the storyline, but not hardly anything, and it really doesn't spoil anything at all if you have been paying any attention to any news about this film. But that is my personal take on it. Everyone else is perfectly able to have their own opinions on this film.

I don't know if any of you watched the DCFandome panel for The Batman, but according to Matt Reeves (director), they only have about 25% of the movie shot right now, so this trailer is barely scratching the surface of this movie.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 02:59:14 PM »

I'm not a DC fan but I'm looking forward to this

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 12:01:50 PM »

Movie looks awful, but I expected it to. Definitely wont see this in theaters.

Care to share what you don't like about it?

Snowkiller
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 09:54:36 AM »

Care to share what you don't like about it?

Robert Pattension, I don't believe he'll make a good batman. He doesn't even look like a batman. With the way DC movies have gone lately, I have no faith.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 11:25:06 AM »

Robert Pattension, I don't believe he'll make a good batman. He doesn't even look like a batman. With the way DC movies have gone lately, I have no faith.

I don't know if you've seen any of the other films he's been in since Twilight but he's shown himself to be a damn good actor.  Unfortunately those films were not the big events Twilight was so they went under peoples radar.  Depends on what "Batman" your looking for.  The movie takes place during Batman's 2nd year as Batman.  Up until that point he had only dealt with the Mob.  This is when his Rogue's gallery begins building. 

You didn't care for Wonder Woman? Aquaman? The Joker?

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 11:19:38 PM »

I don't know if you've seen any of the other films he's been in since Twilight but he's shown himself to be a damn good actor.  Unfortunately those films were not the big events Twilight was so they went under peoples radar.  Depends on what "Batman" your looking for.  The movie takes place during Batman's 2nd year as Batman.  Up until that point he had only dealt with the Mob.  This is when his Rogue's gallery begins building. 

I thought Wonder Woman was DC’s “Captain America: The First Avenger” — I really, REALLY enjoyed it.  Aquaman was lots better than I expected, and was a fun romp.  I didn’t watch The Joker, so I can’t comment on it.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Snowkiller
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 09:50:05 AM »

I've been hearing that a lot about RP, but I'll need to see it to believe it.

I did like Joker and WW, have yet to watch Aquaman. I thought both Batman V Superman and Justice League were really bad, along with the first Suicide Squad.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »

I've been hearing that a lot about RP, but I'll need to see it to believe it.

I did like Joker and WW, have yet to watch Aquaman. I thought both Batman V Superman and Justice League were really bad, along with the first Suicide Squad.

Personally the only thing I've seen RP in so far is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and I thought he did good in that. I'm looking forward to seeing how good he is in Tenet.
I agree with you on JL and SS, and recognize your opinion on BvS being valid (it is an opinion, and movies are subjective). So far IMO, WW is the best DC movie to come out it recent years. Aquaman and Shazam, while fun and enjoyable were not the best or most groundbreaking of films IMO. Still good, but nothing spectacular. I haven't watched Joker.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: