Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond saber battery retention ribbon caused battery pack to get stuck  (Read 591 times)
Seclareon
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« on: November 02, 2020, 05:58:38 PM »

Due to this, I cannot remove the battery pack from the saber. The ribbon is stuck between the speaker part and the inner wall of the hilt. Dominix V4 Diamond Saber. Ive tried using a thin bladed knife, but I only got as far as cutting off the part of the ribbon that was passed the end of the speaker. Theres not even a MM of space between the speaker rim and inner wall. Any idea how I might get this dealt with? Id prefer not sending it in.

https://imgur.com/a/FGQG0iB
I dont recall how to directly embed images, sorry.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 04:15:30 AM »

Due to this, I cannot remove the battery pack from the saber. The ribbon is stuck between the speaker part and the inner wall of the hilt. Dominix V4 Diamond Saber. Ive tried using a thin bladed knife, but I only got as far as cutting off the part of the ribbon that was passed the end of the speaker. Theres not even a MM of space between the speaker rim and inner wall. Any idea how I might get this dealt with? Id prefer not sending it in.

https://imgur.com/a/FGQG0iB
I dont recall how to directly embed images, sorry.

This happened on my Grandmaster and Electrum Wind and Flamberge V2. I hope somebody can tell us how to fix it without damaging the speaker. Your best bet is [email protected]

Seclareon
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 12:56:06 PM »

I received this response from Aria:
I’m very sorry to hear that you are having these issues. Please try all the methods in this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaNOtVX5rOU.
If that doesn’t work, please remove the pommel and then give the saber a few VERY HARD hits against a flat surface. If you hit it FLUSH and not at an angle, then you can do it VERY, VERY HARD and the battery pack will come down. Please be sure to hit this FLUSH and FLAT against a flat surface, it you hit it at an angle you could bend the hilt. But if you hit it flush and flat you can use a lot of force and there is no risk of damage to the hilt at all. I use the technique every day.
Hope that helps. Thanks for choosing Ultrasabers. Feel free to email us here with any other questions or concerns.
-Aria
Ultrasabers Lead Customer Service Rep

Im sure the metal hilt will be fine (as its a circle, so the walls assist in reinforcing the rest of the circle), its the Diamond board, speaker, and battery compartment Im concerned about. And Im concerned if they are hitting any sabers but the basic ones against hard work tables or concrete/asphalt. Doesnt seem smart to space jam a $429+tax saber against a sidewalk (the only hard surface available that wont break if i slam a saber against it).
Anyone have any actual ideas that arent suggesting i destroy a $429+tax saber? This specific saber had to be sent back because the USB port came off while dueling fairly lightly. I glued it in place with some 24H cure gorilla glue, and its held since. But, the Diamond saber has shown me it is not resilient, and requires reinforcement. Thus the battery retention ribbon cause the batteries kept sliding their way out while dueling.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 04:14:56 PM »

I'm guessing/hopeful you figured out a solution by now... I admittedly made my own life rather difficult with battery extraction so I feel your pain. The solution offered may sound horrible in theory but is usually the best way to try to fix this problem. Since you don't have anything but concrete (that the hard repeated strikes from your metal hilt wont damage) I get that you worry about damaging the hilt instead. To this I can only offer thoughts of using the thickest towels you have/can buy. Folding it in half twice, to roughly a quarter of its original size and placing another under it for maximum "padding" to drop your blows on. It's the best I can really think of if you don't have a good carpeted surface or work bench with matting. I'm interested to find out if/how you solved it. As I said, I made my life a nightmare by adding a bit too much velcro inside my hilts to hold the batteries more securely with that awesome yet evil little ribbon! I honestly want more of those things alone for backups. I was annoyed by "battery rattle" and didn't want anything theoretically getting damaged in the process of "intense workouts/training" either. I don't know if it being a 15 minute affair to change one set of batteries is "better" in the long run, but it feels better even if it slowly erodes my sanity.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: