Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: Makeshift Unorthodox Costume (In Progress)  (Read 35079 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #375 on: March 09, 2021, 07:30:46 PM »

Got in some practice with some scenery. Excuse the sloppy form on some of the spins, it was late, and I was tired. My best (first) run wasn't recorded as my camera fell down halfway through, so this was the best I actually have recorded. Full costume here would be nice I'd say!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2HwATAbq8M#

This is awesome, SLL!  Wonderful form  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #376 on: March 10, 2021, 12:39:51 AM »

This is awesome, SLL!  Wonderful form  Smiley
Thank you for the kind words!

Just picked up the Aeon Pro. Sometimes the magazine seems like it doesn't want to come out, but other than that, which is probably some level of operator error, the thing is an absolute monster. Using the stock half-length darts, at 25' (the farthest straight line I have available indoors), it's absolutely insane. Completely flat trajectory as far as I can tell, but that's only based on point of impact, since I can't see the dart traveling at all. If you can block a dart from this blaster at that distance, you'd have me convinced you're actually an adept Jedi or Sith.

The Bounty Hunter blaster proved good to hit a 1 liter bottle at 15-20' pretty reliably, which is very pleasing to me. Very curious to see how far the Aeon Pro can reliably reach. Very pleased with both of them. The Bounty Hunter is $20 for a Star Wars licensed product with sounds and lights, good out to 20', and the Aeon Pro has a 12 round magazine and is an absolute beast in terms of speed for $25.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #377 on: March 10, 2021, 02:45:53 AM »

Some people may have the following thought going from one blade to two:

However:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9qfRoAz-jM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9qfRoAz-jM</a>

And this isn't even my final form. Four blades anyone?

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #378 on: March 10, 2021, 06:23:19 AM »

Some people may have the following thought going from one blade to two:

And this isn't even my final form. Four blades anyone?

HA, oh the Frieza quote ftw! Well done on both accounts. Being able to stare down Grievous and say "oh, how many arms do you need for 4 blades? Should have been training more instead of upgrading." Nice one...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #379 on: March 14, 2021, 09:35:12 PM »

HA, oh the Frieza quote ftw! Well done on both accounts. Being able to stare down Grievous and say "oh, how many arms do you need for 4 blades? Should have been training more instead of upgrading." Nice one...
Thanks! Still waiting on the fourth blade, but I did manage to make an adapter that will allow the use of US/MHSv1 parts with VHC parts, so I can use my US pike extension and PVC pike extension with VHC hilts, and also use the US QR coupler with VHC hilts.

I'm also playing around with the idea of making a saber three-section staff that converts into a saberstaff. So it would be a hollow 15-24" center portion, with 10-12" hilts and 12" blades on each side. And the nunuchuck-style chains will store into the center portion, and the "pommels/couplers" will allow the hilts to screw into the center portion, creating a 5' to 6' (depending on the total lengths) staff. So it can function as a three-section staff, a saberstaff (with a LONG hilt and SHORT blades), or even a flail type weapon with one side screwed into the center piece and one not. I just have to figure out the design that will make it all work. It will be similar in function to some nunchucks I have that collapse/screw together into a baton. I'm sure TCSS has some pieces that will get the job done!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #380 on: March 15, 2021, 01:22:01 PM »

I'm also playing around with the idea of making a saber three-section staff that converts into a saberstaff. So it would be a hollow 15-24" center portion, with 10-12" hilts and 12" blades on each side. And the nunuchuck-style chains will store into the center portion, and the "pommels/couplers" will allow the hilts to screw into the center portion, creating a 5' to 6' (depending on the total lengths) staff. So it can function as a three-section staff, a saberstaff (with a LONG hilt and SHORT blades), or even a flail type weapon with one side screwed into the center piece and one not. I just have to figure out the design that will make it all work. It will be similar in function to some nunchucks I have that collapse/screw together into a baton. I'm sure TCSS has some pieces that will get the job done!

That would be pretty dang cool to see...

Good job on the mods to the couplers as well, sounds rather versatile.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #381 on: March 15, 2021, 02:49:00 PM »

That would be pretty dang cool to see...

Good job on the mods to the couplers as well, sounds rather versatile.
Thank you. Someone already made an awesome saberstaff that converts to a three section staff. Here’s a picture of how it works. It’s actually an ingenious design, where the thumb screws allow the end pommels to secure into the notches in the center grip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRT6ENw_ueY

I think I’d be able to do something similar if I used US/MHSv1 MPS pommels with a D-ring and a quick link attached to chain, and a thumb screw attached to the pommel. I’d then need an 18-24” length of MHS v1 sleeve, so the diameter is sufficient enough to fit over the ends, and then cut some “L” notches into either end to allow the thumb screw to pass through and secure the blades. I know TCSS offers services to add screw holes to parts for a good price, but I’m not aware of them offering cutting into pieces to make the “L” cuts, although I suppose anyone who works with legal could do that in about 2 minutes with basic tools haha.

So that would need:

2x: MPS Pommel (with drilled hole) & D-ring insert & thumb screw & quick link
1x: 18-24” MHSv1 sleeve (with “L” slits)
2x: nunchuck style chain links with sufficient length to run from center of center grip to quick link on either pommel, with two screws running through center grip to hold them in center.

The other option, which is what I’ll be attempting first, is to just use the 15” US pike extension I already have, and attempt to attach the two hilts I have to that. Using MHSv1 to MHSv2 adapters, I can hipefillu create a bottleneck that will allow me to place a ring inside the thicker v1 part that will keep it from passing through the v2 hole, and attach my links and chains to those, which would mean I can screw the 3 sections together like any staff coupler normally would, and the rings would still be able to slide within the thicker MHSv1 center pike extension, allowing for the chains to rest in the center price when joined as a staff. This, if it works, requires:

2x: MHSv1 male to MHSv2 female adapters, MHSv1 male to MHSv2 male adapters

4x: quick links (very cheap)

4x: SOMETHING to serve as the ring that will prevent the chain from leaving the thin v2 end, but allow it to move within the thicker v1 end.

I also have another idea or two I’m considering. But the three section staff would need ~12” blades, so that’s another thing I’d need.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #382 on: March 16, 2021, 03:51:52 AM »

Nice =] Where did you get the grey surcoat/tabbard bit from again? I might have to get me one but in a different color Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #383 on: March 16, 2021, 01:59:34 PM »

Nice =] Where did you get the grey surcoat/tabbard bit from again? I might have to get me one but in a different color Tongue
Thanks. If it’s the long grey one, it’s from Amazon:

“Men's Lightweight Ruffle Shawl Collar Cardigan Open Front Long Length Drape Cape Overcoat”

I cut off the sleeves. Size large. I’m 5’10” 150lbs for reference.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #384 on: March 16, 2021, 02:39:39 PM »

You can find them on Amazon or sometimes super-cheap on AliExpress. I got me one in BLACK!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #385 on: March 17, 2021, 12:16:39 AM »

Which Ripper Blades spearhead do you all like the look of better. Ignore the color differences, it's just about the design of the spearhead itself:

Option A: 8"

Option B: 10"

It's $30 for A or $40 for B, so not a terrible difference in price. Option A is a bit shorter, but more aggressive looking, while Option B is a bit longer and more traditional looking. Thoughts?

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #386 on: March 17, 2021, 01:52:01 AM »

"A" for me…looks wicked with either

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #387 on: March 17, 2021, 03:05:27 AM »

A kinda screams kill-tastic to me, so I vote for extra dangerous. It looks like it'd leave the more savage wound channel, thus makes me happier.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #388 on: March 20, 2021, 01:16:42 AM »

Thank you both for the input.

Here's my best Pong Krell impression:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5HHrdLT6E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5HHrdLT6E</a>

And here's a sneak preview of what is right now an unwieldy convertible nunchuck/pike saber that will become a convertible three-section-staff/bo-staff/flail(?) once I have two more adapters for the other end of the center pike extension. The blade plug is, of course, too short, and the 24" blade is, of course, too long. So some 8-12" blades would probably be a good balance.

https://i.imgur.com/lzAF7ap.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/8lLIX1a.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/MLfMrkl.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/JxRM3ci.mp4

It functions essentially the same way the nunchuck/baton I have does, where the chain functions as a typical nunchuck chain when separated, but can collapse into one of the grips when the ends screw together, with a piece inside preventing the chain from leaving the center grip. That is, it can go into the center grip entirely, but cannot detach from it, only extend fully from it.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #389 on: March 21, 2021, 12:47:40 AM »

Some preliminary testing for my saber design that allows for switching from nunchucks to a staff/baton simply by screwing and unscrewing the two ends. Needs longer blades (but not full-length blades), and I plan on adding a center pike extension between the two (and one more chain) allowing conversion between a three-section staff, a bo staff, and a flail thing with one end attached and one with the chain.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OInJ4FpFQI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OInJ4FpFQI</a>

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: