Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: SPIN WARS EPISODE VII: Lockdown  (Read 7508 times)
SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 03:21:19 AM »

Here is my submission. Light Side. Same name as here (SirLiftaLot) but no desire to have any channel linked or anything.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kHRwXC9dcQ&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kHRwXC9dcQ&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Edit: I posted the video on YouTube so it's only visible to people with the link, which may be why only the link is showing up here, not the video? If you need me to make the video public, just let me know. Thanks!

Edit 2: it looks like the embedded video is working now. If anything needs to be changed or updated, let me know.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 04:55:05 AM »

I might not make it. I'm hoping to film tomorrow (actually going to be above 0℉), but I might not get to. I'll try and have it filmed and uploaded by tomorrow night, but YouTube is giving me grief today and I might not be able to get it done on time. Looking forward to seeing what the finished product looks like.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2020, 02:37:17 AM »

I might not make it. I'm hoping to film tomorrow (actually going to be above 0℉), but I might not get to. I'll try and have it filmed and uploaded by tomorrow night, but YouTube is giving me grief today and I might not be able to get it done on time. Looking forward to seeing what the finished product looks like.
If you're a little late, I'm not going to sweat it. It is a soft deadline.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2020, 02:38:00 AM »

Here is my submission. Light Side. Same name as here (SirLiftaLot) but no desire to have any channel linked or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kHRwXC9dcQ&feature=youtu.be#

Edit: I posted the video on YouTube so it's only visible to people with the link, which may be why only the link is showing up here, not the video? If you need me to make the video public, just let me know. Thanks!

Edit 2: it looks like the embedded video is working now. If anything needs to be changed or updated, let me know.

Awesome. Got it. thanks.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2020, 02:52:01 AM »

I feel like I'll have it together before tomorrow is over, my camera gave me interesting difficulties during several hours of attempts last night... I almost like the effect it left me with but am still trying to negate it for some pure shots. Still, thanks for putting this together in the first place/keeping it going. It's given me (and I'm sure others) some enjoyable goals to focus on amid the chaos. It's a pretty cool concept overall, and it's great to see everyone at work doing their best to participate despite the madness. This has also definitely shown me new things about piecing together a video. Long live lightsaber lessons/life long learning.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2020, 03:21:54 AM »

Well I got it filmed. Just have to edit it and get it uploaded. Should be here before the deadline though. If not, it will be shortly after.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2020, 08:44:50 PM »

Here is the Dark Side video I put together to submit, it's edited together from hours of practicing done for Spin Wars. I used the night of the Winter Solstice Great Conjunction to add an element of mystery and darkness into the clip. Also threw in the requested music track and made basically a highlight reel. Mostly fighting a shadow opponent and adding more spinning than I normally would have. It was a great training exercise and I'm grateful for the experience. Thanks again to Darth Cephalus, now do what you want with it/edit it to your heart's desire since it's for your movie... No matter what I will enjoy the finished product. Glad we could all contribute despite the crazy year it's been. May the Force serve you well Spin-Stars.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQVq8hQ9tXY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQVq8hQ9tXY</a>

Also adding the link incase there were issues retrieving it or it didn't embed right:
http://youtu.be/yQVq8hQ9tXY

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2020, 12:15:56 AM »

Here's mine.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rNfT9MeQ2w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rNfT9MeQ2w</a>

I am having serious issues uploading videos to YouTube right now (as in it is taking all night long to upload a 4 minute video). My internet is plenty fast to do it in a decent amount of time. Is anyone else having these issues? I'm trying to figure out if it is me or YouTube.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2020, 12:31:31 AM »

I am having serious issues uploading videos to YouTube right now (as in it is taking all night long to upload a 4 minute video). My internet is plenty fast to do it in a decent amount of time. Is anyone else having these issues? I'm trying to figure out if it is me or YouTube.
I had no issues earlier (like 3-4 hours prior to you) so it might just be you. My videos usually take a little bit to upload and it seemed relatively smooth or about the same duration to do so. No crazy long times or diminished uploading speed going on here on my end. Transmitting towers frozen?

BTW is your video light or dark aligned?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2020, 01:03:34 AM »

I had no issues earlier (like 3-4 hours prior to you) so it might just be you. My videos usually take a little bit to upload and it seemed relatively smooth or about the same duration to do so. No crazy long times or diminished uploading speed going on here on my end. Transmitting towers frozen?

BTW is your video light or dark aligned?

Honestly, it is possible that my transmitting towers are frozen (I like in AK  Grin ). Normally it takes 1-3 hours to upload, but its been taking 15ish hours the past few days.

It is supposed to be Dark Side, but it can go wherever DC needs it to.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2020, 04:12:22 AM »

It is supposed to be Dark Side, but it can go wherever DC needs it to.
Too true, and that lightsaber plant at the end seems to be in defiance of the cold/bit of rage at the temperature. The snow makes for excellent scenery, yet I'm proud of you for maintaining your footing throughout in such conditions. Solid footwork and balance I suppose. Glad you got something posted after all, nature worked against me as well! I kept getting rain on days I planned to film, making the ground a mess or threatening to endanger my lightsabers. Now we can just sit back, relax, and await the finished product. + a point for braving the elements to contribute.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2020, 08:17:33 AM »

Too true, and that lightsaber plant at the end seems to be in defiance of the cold/bit of rage at the temperature. The snow makes for excellent scenery, yet I'm proud of you for maintaining your footing throughout in such conditions. Solid footwork and balance I suppose. Glad you got something posted after all, nature worked against me as well! I kept getting rain on days I planned to film, making the ground a mess or threatening to endanger my lightsabers. Now we can just sit back, relax, and await the finished product. + a point for braving the elements to contribute.

Thank you. It was actually very warm (25℉) is really warm for here in December, so I don't really feel like I was braving anything there. As for footing, my driveway has great traction, not to mention my boots have good traction as well. I always look forward the Spin Wars every year, and I'm super glad Cephalus does these each year.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2020, 07:19:35 PM »

Thanks Taegin and Prodigal. I’ll get those added to my list. It is always inspiring to me to see how people have progressed over the years. The continuity is what makes this particular tradition so worth it.  Now the editing starts.

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2020, 06:35:08 AM »

I'm so sad my new lightsaber got to me a day late. Next year Cephalus. Next year.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2021, 09:37:31 AM »

And in year New Years tradition, it is time for Spin Wars. Thank you to all who participated to help us spin in the new year!
SPIN WARS Episode VII: Lockdown!

It was a time of isolation and unrest. A great plague swept across the galaxy, hyperspace travel slowed, and dumpsters (both literal and figurative) burned. Yet in these dark times, there was still hope. 

As the year came to an end, people began to sense a turn in the tide. They turned their thoughts to a new year, tried to remember how to get dressed, and rallied around a can of tea.   

Behind closed doors, the Spin stirred. Spinners, old and new, dusted off their sabers and walked out into the cold. Adepts of the light and dark combined their skills to make something new...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaz0fhSLIaI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaz0fhSLIaI</a>

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: