Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How would a jedi dress in our world?  (Read 3038 times)
ModernAnakinSkywalker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« on: November 24, 2020, 08:13:27 AM »

I posted something similar eaelied but people thought I wanted a costume which i did not. How would Anakin dress if he were in our world?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 02:33:45 PM »

The Jedi uniform was a uniform, so they'd want to retain a look that is recognizable to the general public as being a Jedi. Their uniforms would have to be suitable for a variety of occasions and purposes, ranging from being "formal" enough to not look out of place meeting with royalty and politicians, but also providing sufficient range of motion and freedom of movement for optimal fighting, as Jedi tend to conduct diplomacy in the same uniform as they duel against Sith Lords in.

But that's just my interpretation. Let us consult "The Jedi Path." Specifically some of the Attire sections:

>Your uniform is another outward symbol of your status. (so you should be easily recognizable as a Jedi, and look professional enough to represent them well)

>It is made of humble, tough fabric (so you want something that is both durable and not particularly flashy or extravagant, which makes sense for an almost monk-like Order)

Anakin himself preferred to wear black to the normal Jedi uniform colors, so he'd like wear something black. I'm not exactly sure what specific articles of clothing the Jedi would wear, but hopefully the general philosophy behind their uniform and the purpose of it can help guide you in the right direction.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 04:08:57 PM »

Given that the Jedi were a kind of monastic order, I would look at various styles of monk robes.  I realize it wouldn't look street casual, but as has been stated above, the order would put forth a uniform.  That said, in staying with the uniform idea, think something along the lines of military or the like.

Now if you are looking for street casual style, jeans (carhartt makes some heavy duty dark brown ones if you want to stick there), a black undershirt (perhaps compression), a brown button up (perhaps a solid flannel, or a dickies work shirt in dark brown) or casual v-neck T-shirt, and either a black leather vest {I don't think this would work well} or a longer black scarf or the like), and sturdy boots, perhaps work or tactical boots.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 04:13:53 PM »

I could almost see them wearing something similar to what modern-day monks wear, something like a simple robe without too many accoutrements adorning the attire. Think long, flowing clothing and very simply constructed. The Order was based on Coruscant, the planet that set the standard for what was "cool", stylish, and in vogue for the whole galaxy. It's a major contrast that the Jedi wear something simple and pious, a perfect example of this is in Ep. 2 when Anakin and Obi storm into the Outlander Club. The rest of the clientele are dressed very differently and so the Jedi stick out quite a bit.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 03:12:43 PM »

Like has been stated before, The Jedi did not wear normal clothes even for A Galaxy Far Far Away.  Jedi were at their core Warrior Monks.  Real life examples of Warrior Monks would be The Shaolin,  The Knights Templar and Hospitillars.  As far as "casual"  I don't think there really would be and 1:1 for a Jedi's Robes. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 03:45:08 PM »

Like has been stated before, The Jedi did not wear normal clothes even for A Galaxy Far Far Away.  Jedi were at their core Warrior Monks.  Real life examples of Warrior Monks would be The Shaolin,  The Knights Templar and Hospitillars.  As far as "casual"  I don't think there really would be and 1:1 for a Jedi's Robes. 
This. But it does seem like SOME Jedi's uniforms, or at least their chosen attire we say, could pass for casual wear in-universe.

For example, Ahsoka's attire looks pretty casual. One the right is from the Clone Wars, when she was actually a Jedi, and the right was when she was no longer a Jedi, but it's not a dissimilar look from her Jedi attire:

And, while it is only fan-art, here's a drawing of something I could totally see Dooku wearing as a Jedi that, while pretty formal, still looks more in-line with today's fashion than your typical Jedi uniform:

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: