Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: TRI Adegan Silver with Color Discs (some examples)  (Read 871 times)
Purzelkater
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« on: April 25, 2021, 03:11:22 PM »

Unsure how good or bad it works I had ordered two Butcher with TRI Adegan Silver and color discs. And after I have tried the discs, I have to say, I'm very happy with it.

Well, to be honest, you can't get every color you want with the discs - or better to say, some colors working better than others. Every kind of yellow and orange looking great, no question. If you want some pastel colors like Sunriders Destiny or Arctic Blue, got for it. Violet would also be possible.
But you will not get a dark bright red, a deep green or full blue. At least I haven't got it with the standard color discs from US.

To give you an impression whats possible with the color discs I have made some photos of it. But I have to atmit, my smartphone camera and the brown blanket could not be the best equipment to make some color accurate pictures.

I have tried all color discs on my Butcher with TRI Adegan Silver and full loaded Li-ion setup. It has a 32" heavy grade blade with the silver foil inside (not the white UltraEdge blade). For easier find I have marked all discs and pictures with a letter.

With just one discs, most colors are pale or pastel.

If you combine two disc you can improve the result for a fuller color. But even then some colors are looking better than others.

Even with 2 discs the light is bright. But I can not recommend more than 2 discs at once. Maybe you can get a better color but the light will become really dark.

The Fallen: Diamond RGBW, White Illuminated Black AV Switch, 36"
Spectre with Engraving: Obsidian V4, BVA / FoC MLS, 36"
The Butcher Staff: TA Silver + Color Discs + Quick Release Coupler, 2x32"
Aeon LE V5: Stunt, GB, 36"
Dark Initiate V5: Stunt, BR, 36"
Aeon V3: Stunt, CG, 36"
Aeon V3: Stunt, CG, 24"
Initiate V4: Stunt, BR, Windows,, 24"
The Dominix V2: Stunt, CG, 32"
Initiate V2: Stunt, GB, 24"

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 10:29:42 PM »

Well played, as well as a well earned point for you! I had been meaning to do something to this effect, but admittedly my photos got out of order and I did not have the desire as of yet to re do that photoshoot, or sort out which was which.

You did a good job labeling them for easy reference! I will say it's much more helpful in mixing and matching if you can add another set of discs to your current set. Simply order them with your next purchase, and I'll say from experience they are worth it. The color combos are a bit more expansive, and being able to double layer 2 of the same color works well with certain colors. I've only gone as far as a 3 disc combo, and with very specific colors. It helps having the ability to pop in 2 of one color and a 3rd of a different in some cases to get a rich hue. Though yes, you're right some do wind up "washed out" looking with some combos or layering discs... it's a bit annoying if the light doesn't filter well to the tip of the blade in some instances too. BUT I will say proper use of color discs is great as a "poor man's"/entry level solution to color variants.

I've seen purple, orange, & some greens and blues being my favorite color possibilities with color discs! You're 100% right, red is sadly a waste of time or disappointing IMO. If you're Sith and want a red blade do not opt for color discs, if red is all you want, pay for a blazing red blade to be satisfied with the result. But yeah, the pics don't do true justice to the IRL color the eye perceives. I noted that through trial and error on my end too.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 06:32:34 PM »

Well done!  Thanks for the clear labeling, and for taking the time to share your findings with us.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: